JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why do I need an AR?

Because...….
I am an American and I can own one (if not several).
I like shooting.
I like pi$$ing off the Anti-Gun crowd.

Aloha, Mark

Ever parked the night in a truck in Camden NJ, Baltimore MD, or Charlotte NC?

Want might turn into need in some areas. :eek:

Or at some time in the future.

Regardless, as previously mentioned, what I own, what I have acquired through my lawful activities and labor, is nobody's business so long as I cause no harm to third parties. Should my actions harm another, that's a different conversation.

do the make a nice IWB rig for that?

6997A5D2-B745-4E25-ABEA-7A7EE0B77ADC.jpeg

Nothing wrong with gong to Mexico. Stay out of the drug trafficking corridors and it really isnt a problem. I go as frequently as I can. Puerto Vallarta and Cancun ( the entire Yucatan Caribbean coast really ) are basically in the middle of nowhere and are far away from the drug trafficking areas. Ive never been hassled in either and feel safer, MUCH safer, walking down the streets of Cancun than Id feel in L.A. or someplace truly horrible like Chicago or New York City.

As far as owning a AR I dont need a reason. Its my birth right.

"Very true. But why single out the AR like it's something special? It's just another firearm, nothing more. Threads like this, IMO, just draw more unnecessary attention and give a false impression that the AR is a "weapon of war" or an "assault rifle"."

Because it is something special.
1) It is Heritage America's favorite militia rifle. By attacking the AR-15 they get the most bang for their buck (pardon the pun) vis-a-vis disarming the same people they are trying to disenfranchise, silence, rob, and betray. The perpetration of every outrage against a people is preceded by disarming the intended victims.
2)The modularity of the AR-15 makes it suitable for every application for a rifle in North America with the possible exception of big game at long range. Banning it would deprive We the Peons of the best rifle for the most jobs. Again the most bang for their buck.
3) The popularity of the AR Platform means that banning it makes instant criminals of the highest number of Heritage Americans. Again more bang...
4) Anyone wondering how they would enforce the ban should ask the Branch Davidians. Ooops - that would require a seance. A ban on the AR-15 becomes the instant justification to attack The Enemy (that's us) with helicopter gunships, flame-throwing Panzers, and Einsatzgruppen death squads.
5) Every highly successful firearm platform started out as a military design. Using the "Weapons of War" lie as justification makes everything from the Remington 700 to the Mossberg and Remington pump shotguns subject to banning as "Weapons of War."
6) In the Miller decision the Sacred Shysters said that the purview of 2A protection did not extend to SBS because no evidence was presented that they were applicable in the militia (i.e. para-military) context. So they just want to ban those guns that are or aren't suitable for fighting with. That's all of them, and the AR-15 is a good place to start from their view.
7) "I need an AR to make up for my small wiener. Happy now?"
Me too. We all need an AR-15 because our breedin' tackle is inadequate for neutralizing an existential threat. Having a dong you could beat somebody with is mighty rare. Think of the problems you would have wearing shorts. OTOH, you could have a guaranteed long and prosperous career in the Adult Cinema Industry. Imagine the movies that could be made about superheroes who could do that. The mind boggles...

Last Edited:
The whole notion of "need" is really about values. When somebody says you need something or don't need something they are pushing their own values. You should be able to figure out what you need without confusing it with what you want.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews