JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wth? I've been here 2 years and read this everyday. I post very little. You've been at me 4 times in one post now. What gives?

?

When someone posts something here, it's for all to see and comment on. Often because someone comments on something one person says, that poster feels the responses are on them. Most often it's a post also aimed at the entire group. Whether people agree with one person or not, they are responding to the group, unless they are sending you PM's.

Have to agree showing clips of the gun violence in Mexico makes a poor argument for us to have an AR. One interesting thing is does show is look at this "gun free country". Anti love to say the solution to crime is to make guns illegal for law abiding to have. Well look here. A country were it is close to impossible for the average law abiding citizen to own a firearm. Wonder why there is all these clips then?

I've used this argument for years. Two countries who border each other. One has pretty open gun laws and is ranked 83th in world homicide rates. The other has some of the most insanely restrictive gun laws in the world and is ranked 21st. Another gun control success story!:rolleyes:

Is RT Russia Today? If yes then I wonder what their real motive in showing that. It's just a montage of Mexicans with guns.
Reasons I need an AR?
It's shiny
I don't have one from that maker
Look at that cool rail
I'm bored
But I have no need of an AR to take on Mexican Cartels
If, "Push comes to Shove", it sure beats a rock.

I need an AR15, you need an AR15, and every other responsible able bodied American with a sound mind and non felonious record needs an AR15, so evil people with AK47s (or by any other means) think twice about trying to take my life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.
AC82C9A6-6268-48A1-9D4C-157EB7B72AC8.jpeg

Because we can...

I have one set up very similar in appearance to an M-16A1, except for the lower receiver and it fires only in semi-automatic. Foreigners that I fully trust get to shoot it, and just the look on their face and excitement to be able to shoot something that they can't even touch in their own country. That makes me appreciate the freedoms we have here even more.

Another reason can be back injuries. I really great guy I know has 300 BO with a can. He can not shoot anything with much recoil. His 300 BO AR15 and his sub-sonic load developments are his "therapy" and diversion from the pain.

I recently saw a review for a hunting caliber legal AR barrel and the reviewer was excited because he would be able to configure a hunting rifle with low recoil for his wife troubled with arthritis.

Also, AR-15's are available in a plethora of calibers from 22LR to 500 Beowulf, from mass produced factory loads to niche calibers available from one or two sources, such as the 300 HAM'R from Wilson Tactical and 375 SOCOM from SBR Ammunition to wildcats for handloaders. Some say there are more calibers than Baskin Robins has flavors...

Plus the platform is modular...fixed carry handles, flat tops, free floating hand guards, available for left and right handed shooters, side chargers...pistols, SBR's...and available in all sorts of different colors...

I need an AR15, you need an AR15, and every other responsible able bodied American with a sound mind and non felonious record needs an AR15, so evil people with AK47s (or by any other means) think twice about trying to take my life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.
View attachment 625857
Surprised no one was injured in this, "Photo Op." Just an ND waiting to happen.

Last Edited:
Need...?
What is this need business...?

You should be able to own the firearms you like and want , without having to provide a need or justification for firearm ownership.

If one has to prove a need to own a firearm or certain type of firearm....
Would this having to prove a need be okay to say , prove a need to read a certain book or say what's on your mind...?
How 'bout proving a need to go to a certain church...? or proving a need to vote...?

its a Right to own firearms...own 'em or not...Your choice.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads