JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Your best defense from drug cartels in Mexico is to not go to Mexico. Just a bunch of random footage spliced together to create hysteria in my opinion.

They arrested El Chappos son - this was the aftermath.

This is a large scale mercenary army who answers to no one.
But you can just call them "drug dealers"....

So a video showing cartel violence in another country is why you need an AR?

I wouldn't hang my hat on that argument. Nor would I even try and make it to begin with.

:rolleyes:

Well........................

Mexico has it's own problems, as long as they stay in Mexico, live and let live says me!
and the people here are being used and abused by the cartels down there, families harassed and abused to get compliance for the drugs to get distributed here! Don't forget a lot of the gangs are also members of the cartel's and maintain affiliations!

Now, If I were King, I would deploy U.S. Intel assets to locate and track these cartels, send in the Marines to kill them all, and burn down their crops, and then send Mexico the bill in the form of increased trade tariffs! I would make it so Mexico plays ball on what ever U.S. Policy that comes their way, and they would do so happily!

So a video showing cartel violence in another country is why you need an AR?

I wouldn't hang my hat on that argument. Nor would I even try and make it to begin with.

:rolleyes:

You ever live in a border state?
This was just a simple illustration of a lawless nation we share a border with who parades their mercenary forces with no qualms at all.
Their stated target has always been the US. Using drugs, trafficking, whatever. We are the ones they have intended to victimize from the beginning.

Border towns on the US deal with this daily. Not this extreme (well, sometimes...) but just as blatant and bold.
But the media is exceptionally apt at getting US citizens to discount and overlook any possible dangers...

You know... it's just some rando drug dealers in some other country... No biggie.

Well........................

Mexico has it's own problems, as long as they stay in Mexico, live and let live says me!

But the rub is that it's not staying in Mexico.

I travel in Mexico for business regularly, not that I'm any expert on this topic, but the people I know deserve better from their government. The corruption and despotism runs deep into the culture and there is the root problem.

Now, If I were King, I would deploy U.S. Intel assets to locate and track these cartels, send in the Marines to kill them all, and burn down their crops, and then send Mexico the bill in the form of increased trade tariffs! I would make it so Mexico plays ball on what ever U.S. Policy that comes their way, and they would do so happily!

It's happened before.

The Mexican government and military certainly have the capacity to resolve the conflict; it would be dirty, brutal and involve some less than savory suspensions of due process. But, does the population have the will?

I miss being able to go to Mexico! Many nice places to visit, and many good people. Great fishing, great food! Beaches... not so great depending on where you go.

Is RT Russia Today? If yes then I wonder what their real motive in showing that. It's just a montage of Mexicans with guns.
Reasons I need an AR?
It's shiny
I don't have one from that maker
Look at that cool rail
I'm bored
But I have no need of an AR to take on Mexican Cartels

I miss being able to go to Mexico! Many nice places to visit, and many good people. Great fishing, great food! Beaches... not so great depending on where you go.

The tourist and business centric regions are fairly safe and I wouldn't hesitate to take my family for vacation.

That being said, trouble can find you quickly if you're being a stupid Gringo, overtly obnoxious or flaunting some sort of wealth status.

Definitely stay away from the border regions and be security minded in general. Make secure transportation arrangements ahead of time, particularly from the airports.

Last Edited:
The important thing with owning capable pieces of equipment, whether that be an AR or not, kind of does fit with this. You can't always look at is as a "now" thing, self protection is about potential.

These things happen in Mexico right now.
True statement, but the part to focus on is "these things happen."

We are remarkably safe in this country right now, but nothing lasts forever. I'd love to be able to say that the states will never have to deal with that kind of violence, but I can't. Nobody can. I'm not a SHTF theorist, committed prepper, or anything of the like, but that's the way I see it. On a long enough timeline, we will not have the safety or stability that we do now.

Theres cartel all over central Worshington. They dont have the power, and they arent as bold as they are in Mexico, but they are there.

Criminals and evildoers ARE a reason to own firearms, no matter the organization they belong to.

Criminals and evildoers ARE a reason to own firearms, no matter the organization they belong to.

Very true. But why single out the AR like it's something special? It's just another firearm, nothing more. Threads like this, IMO, just draw more unnecessary attention and give a false impression that the AR is a "weapon of war" or an "assault rifle".

Dumb.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads