Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Why do I have to show ID

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by svg4, Jun 17, 2013.

1. svg4

svg4 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I just bought primers at Bi-Mart Tigard. I had to supply my drivers license and he wrote down my information. Is this new? I have never had it happen before. I am 60 and the guy behind me was an easy 80 and he had to show his also. Last week they didn't do this. They had a lot of primers)

2. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

Did you ask them? No this is not new as far as I know. Maybe part of an anti-scalping campaign by the store.

3. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

I've not run into that at BiMart. Maybe contact the corporate headquarters and ask. Maybe that store isn't doing it like they should, or maybe they have started a new system.

4. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Today was my first ever Cabela's visit. I was impressed they had a gun check in counter... I walked right up and he asked me if I had a gun and I said yes. He said if you are CC no need to take it out. I thought it was cool that they were friendly and no big deal. Cause it isn't a big deal. I bought some ammo and all they asked for was phone number...I am sure OUR NATIONAL spying Association is counting my rounds as we speak. LOL

Brutus Out

5. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

Wal-mart punches your drivers license number into their register at sporting goods so one person cannot exceed the three box per day ammo restriction.

6. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

That garbage went away long ago.
    They are doing that either on their own or via corp orders. This not Kalifornicata, I would have given them the single finger salute and left.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

orygun, Grunwald, CryWolf and 3 others like this.
  7. U201491

No one else does that. Too many tracks.........
    Ammo's coming back. I just bought a couple hundred rds 556 today.

8. Kable

Kable Lynnwood Active Member

Lol I was carrying concealed a few months ago and went to cabellas for the first time carrying concealed there. Never paid any attention to signs until I was and I saw the gun check so I told my wife I'd be back I had to put my gun in the car because I didn't want to check it. I'm walking out and my wife calls me back in and points out that the sign says except CPL holders. The guy at the check in laughed and said that happens a lot and the lady's always read the whole sign but the guys stop reading after they see the gun check in... anyway back in topic I'm not aware of any laws that require them to check ID it must be sore policy

9. U201491

I really love that Freudian slip in the last line :)

10. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Just don't read the signs. Unless the place can do something besides ask me to leave, I'll carry without hesitation.

11. U201491

Unless they come up with voice signs I generally ignore them all.

12. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

They didn't an hour ago when I bought some .22 which was amazingly in stock at the 82nd and Holgate store. They even had UMC 250 bulk packs of both .40 and 9mm. I never show up at the right time but tonight I did. I couldn't buy any of the 9mm but wanted to. Only had enough spending cash to cover the $9.97 price of the 225 pack of Remington Golden Bullets.

13. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

How abot you tell them to go to Hell and wallk out after voicing your strong opinion to the manager?

Bi-Mart is a store that has all it's bases in the PNW. Sounds to me like you got a store manager with delusions of grandeur. If it happened to me I'd be talking to corporate HQ ASAP. I'm not aware of this being a corporate-wide policy.

orygun and (deleted member) like this.
  14. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

That's just one more good reason to avoid Wally World. My personal information is none of their damn business.

15. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

You were actually gonna put your gun back into your car, at a mall? There is no sign on a private place of business that should even make you think of giving up your right to protect yourself. These signs don't hold water.

16. mpmax

mpmax Woodburn Active Member

Better to show your ID than have some A$$ Hat buy it all out and scalp it here.

jefe and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

In front of me at Wal-Mart a guy had an arms length full of .223 boxes. Seriously the guy had over a dozen boxes stacked on his left arm! Then when I asked for some .380 PPU the clerk has the nerve to ask me "Do you want all of your three box limit in these?" I almost said "No I want a whole bubbleguming arm full just like your buddy there!" But, since I have never tried PPU before I was polite and only asked for two boxes, leaving some for the next person.

18. razormanxx

razormanxx eugene Active Member

You shouldn't unless you paid with credit card and you wrote check ID on the back. I bought some 9mm, cci mini mags at bimart today, actually I buy almost all my ammo from bimart, never have they asked for iD.

19. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

I just wish my local Bimart and Wally Mart had ammo.

20. razormanxx

razormanxx eugene Active Member

image.jpg
    I stop by bi mart everyday, but I do drive by it to and from work. They had probably 20 boxes of 9mm, 25 boxes cci mini mags, lots of .45 and 250 packs of .40. I like bi mart. Cabelas asks every purchase for a phone number, just say no thanks.

image.jpg