JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just bought primers at Bi-Mart Tigard. I had to supply my drivers license and he wrote down my information. Is this new? I have never had it happen before. I am 60 and the guy behind me was an easy 80 and he had to show his also. Last week they didn't do this. They had a lot of primers)

I've not run into that at BiMart. Maybe contact the corporate headquarters and ask. Maybe that store isn't doing it like they should, or maybe they have started a new system.

Today was my first ever Cabela's visit. I was impressed they had a gun check in counter... I walked right up and he asked me if I had a gun and I said yes. He said if you are CC no need to take it out. I thought it was cool that they were friendly and no big deal. Cause it isn't a big deal. I bought some ammo and all they asked for was phone number...I am sure OUR NATIONAL spying Association is counting my rounds as we speak. LOL

Brutus Out

I just bought primers at Bi-Mart Tigard. I had to supply my drivers license and he wrote down my information. Is this new? I have never had it happen before. I am 60 and the guy behind me was an easy 80 and he had to show his also. Last week they didn't do this. They had a lot of primers)

That garbage went away long ago.
They are doing that either on their own or via corp orders. This not Kalifornicata, I would have given them the single finger salute and left.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Wal-mart punches your drivers license number into their register at sporting goods so one person cannot exceed the three box per day ammo restriction.

No one else does that. Too many tracks.........
Ammo's coming back. I just bought a couple hundred rds 556 today.

Today was my first ever Cabela's visit. I was impressed they had a gun check in counter... I walked right up and he asked me if I had a gun and I said yes. He said if you are CC no need to take it out. I thought it was cool that they were friendly and no big deal. Cause it isn't a big deal. I bought some ammo and all they asked for was phone number...I am sure OUR NATIONAL spying Association is counting my rounds as we speak. LOL

Brutus Out

Lol I was carrying concealed a few months ago and went to cabellas for the first time carrying concealed there. Never paid any attention to signs until I was and I saw the gun check so I told my wife I'd be back I had to put my gun in the car because I didn't want to check it. I'm walking out and my wife calls me back in and points out that the sign says except CPL holders. The guy at the check in laughed and said that happens a lot and the lady's always read the whole sign but the guys stop reading after they see the gun check in... anyway back in topic I'm not aware of any laws that require them to check ID it must be sore policy

Lol I was carrying concealed a few months ago and went to cabellas for the first time carrying concealed there. Never paid any attention to signs until I was and I saw the gun check so I told my wife I'd be back I had to put my gun in the car because I didn't want to check it. I'm walking out and my wife calls me back in and points out that the sign says except CPL holders. The guy at the check in laughed and said that happens a lot and the lady's always read the whole sign but the guys stop reading after they see the gun check in... anyway back in topic I'm not aware of any laws that require them to check ID it must be sore policy

I really love that Freudian slip in the last line :)

Just don't read the signs. Unless the place can do something besides ask me to leave, I'll carry without hesitation.

Wal-mart punches your drivers license number into their register at sporting goods so one person cannot exceed the three box per day ammo restriction.
They didn't an hour ago when I bought some .22 which was amazingly in stock at the 82nd and Holgate store. They even had UMC 250 bulk packs of both .40 and 9mm. I never show up at the right time but tonight I did. I couldn't buy any of the 9mm but wanted to. Only had enough spending cash to cover the $9.97 price of the 225 pack of Remington Golden Bullets.

How abot you tell them to go to Hell and wallk out after voicing your strong opinion to the manager?

Bi-Mart is a store that has all it's bases in the PNW. Sounds to me like you got a store manager with delusions of grandeur. If it happened to me I'd be talking to corporate HQ ASAP. I'm not aware of this being a corporate-wide policy.

You were actually gonna put your gun back into your car, at a mall? There is no sign on a private place of business that should even make you think of giving up your right to protect yourself. These signs don't hold water.

In front of me at Wal-Mart a guy had an arms length full of .223 boxes. Seriously the guy had over a dozen boxes stacked on his left arm! Then when I asked for some .380 PPU the clerk has the nerve to ask me "Do you want all of your three box limit in these?" I almost said "No I want a whole bubbleguming arm full just like your buddy there!" But, since I have never tried PPU before I was polite and only asked for two boxes, leaving some for the next person.

You shouldn't unless you paid with credit card and you wrote check ID on the back. I bought some 9mm, cci mini mags at bimart today, actually I buy almost all my ammo from bimart, never have they asked for iD.

image.jpg
I stop by bi mart everyday, but I do drive by it to and from work. They had probably 20 boxes of 9mm, 25 boxes cci mini mags, lots of .45 and 250 packs of .40. I like bi mart. Cabelas asks every purchase for a phone number, just say no thanks.

image.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads