Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Why do Americans love their guns?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Morpheus, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

2. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

The story lost me at "Al Jazeera"

3. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

Why do they wipe their but with their hand?

4. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Don't fret. AJ was bought out by Western interests back in 2004 so they now offer the same propaganda and pablum that passes for news here in the states.

5. Morpheus

Uh, perhaps you don't know but Al Jazeera is a fairly well known news organization that is non-US based. Similar to the BBC. While it isn't US news, it is news. Sometimes it is interesting to look at our country through a non-citizen's eyes.

It is actually an interesting 3 way conversation between 2 stronger gun control law advocates and a representative Students for Concealed Carry. The proctor wasn't mostly fair in giving each person time to speak. Of course, it was interesting when both sides used different 'facts' to argue their position.

6. Morpheus

Noisycow, that explains why their format has become more and more a white wash of the US crap... er news.

7. bikejunkie

bikejunkie Salem Well-Known Member

Don't need to watch some crap propaganda- it's simple. Americans love guns because they are awesome. It's the same reason we love 500hp sports cars, motorcycles that hit illegal speeds 1/3 of the way through 2nd gear, women that wear very little or no clothing, apple pie, cell phones that are portable computers, and indoor plumbing...

8. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

In the US you have 'news' that constantly in pimping banker/gov agendas on a national level and fear, fear, and more fear on the local level. So many interesting things could be covered, but 80% of the stories are about something you should be afraid of and how the hero government is there to save you. The message is distrust your neighbor, there are bad guys lurking around every corner, better look out. It gets really old. Then all the nauseating political crap which any sane person would completely ignore.
    The overall MSM message is "depend on us, do not think for yourself, do as you are told." "As long as you do not object, the status quo will continue forever."

All US News MSM is garbage.

RT- Russia Today is probably one of the last real news sources. On RT, pro-gun, people that go beyond the normal agendas, the coming dollar/banking collapse, etc, etc, are allowed to say things not allowed on US propaganda channels. One of my favs in Gerald Celente - "Guns and a Gettaway plan"

[video=youtube;PG6Fh0SWMJs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG6Fh0SWMJs[/video]

9. bikejunkie

bikejunkie Salem Well-Known Member

You're forgetting about the waterskiing squirrels and entertainment industry drivel...

10. Abiqua

Abiqua Oregon Active Member

This post was so awesome that I paused the show my wife was watching so I could read it to her.

11. fd15k

fd15k Tigard,OR Well-Known Member

Pretty cool video. Kind of shows how most anti-gun activists are driven by emotion and have little understanding of the issue they care to bother with.

12. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

US – there are 90 guns for every 100 US residents, according to a 2007 survey. I did the math and I see that I need more guns.

iusmc2002 and (deleted member) like this.
  13. fd15k

I don't believe that's correct. Should be 90 guns per 100 households.

Sabertooth and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Ranb

Ranb Belfair, WA Active Member

The "How they compare" section is a lie. Guns are not illegal in Japan, in fact game hunting with rifles is permitted. Plenty of Yakuza have guns also.

Ranb

15. fd15k

They also forgot about Finland, another interesting example of a developed country.

16. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I believe we have the 90 guns / house.. will check with wifie

17. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Josephine County Active Member

I will tell my boys. We need to buy more guns. None of us has our quota.

bikejunkie and (deleted member) like this.
  18. BroncoFan

BroncoFan Eastern Oregon Well-Known Member

Very simply put firearm ownership and the spirit and practicality of that ownership was a foundational key to this country winning its indepedence and is key in keeping it.
    Three guesses as to what anniversary is coming up on April 19?!?!?
    The first battle in this country over gun control.

19. odinforever2000

odinforever2000 Eugene,Or New Member

I watched this expecting to hear yet another liberal media center spewing garbage about Americans and the 2nd amendment. I was surprised to find that was not the case. I was also surprised that the Facts they were quoting weren't from the VPC (vehemently anti gun which is routinely cited as a source from the anti gun community), but from the FBI UCR.One of the things al jezeera brought up was how confusing and non standard our laws are from state to state. For Aljezeera I thought this was well done. They showed, based on Facts that gun homicide have been on a decline for the past several years,that Americans support less restrictive or no change in current gun laws. The pro gun speaker said alot of what Ive been saying for about 4 years...SO.yea..I was impressed with this coverage from, basically an outside entity looking at US.

20. DonovanJay

DonovanJay Southern Oregon Member

It is obnoxious how many faceless stats will be regurgitated from some unknown source in every gun control debate.