JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My first tattoo

image.jpg

I went to a very liberal college. My "dorm daddy" my freshman year took issue with the fact that I liked the outdoors and traditional hunting and fishing. He was into arts and literature, and was deep into the culture of England. Exasperated one evening after trying to interest me in opera, he exclaimed "You are militantly provincial." I reflected for a moment, and replied, "You're right!"

My old nickname/call sign and favorite caliber. Same and only email since 1986, back in the old usenet days.

Started out as an insult. Turned it around in to something useful. Over the years it became something meaningfully good. Kinda like armor.

Named my boat Tinman Rusted. Tinman, old call sign. I'm retired, older now. Tinman Rusted. Get it?

Named the dinghy oil can. :s0033:

Long story.

So the moniker is boring, but tell us about your avatar.
That's my Dad and Mom. They lived in a burb of Salt Lake City, I grew up there and came here in '83. I believe that was around Christmas '08, early '09. That would of made Dad 88, Mom 82. What to get your folks for Christmas when they have everything they need? They worked their asses off for what they had, of course. They both grew up in dirt poor hard working families. We came up with the plan to buy them dinner at one of the 4 star steak houses in The Sal Lake Valley. They'd been doing a couple of "Cruises" a year since Mom retired. Dad had already been self employed for quite a few years. He was flipping houses before they called it that. Anyway, they liked the luxury and dressing up that they got to do on those cruises. The surprise of the dinner was the stretch limo that pulled up in front of the house. Instead of my brothers club cab Chevy pick-up. Dad was just being a goofball. "Flippin' The Bird" from behind tinted windows. He was always looking for a laugh. And I don't recall, but I believe that pic was after dinner. Dad certainly would have pulled out all stops and had a second scotch, instead of the usual one. So he was probably "Happy". I don't think they'd done to many, if any, limo rides in their lives. More than likely they would have seen THAT as too expensive! :D
Dad passed at home late Christmas eve 2010. Mom lived just about eight years after that.

Mine is just a tip o' the hat to one of the philosophies I try to follow...the grey man. Not calling attention to himself by blending in, being innocuous, only registering on the periphery of others radar. For all intents and purposes, just some guy that is barely noticed and quickly forgotten.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top