JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Has anyone found cans that are marked for 9mm m882?

E
No, but I would think they would be using the .30 cal size... at the least, most of the cans I see have their original yellow markings painted over with camo spray or other paints and remarked with different markings or just plain repainted for DRMO(Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office).
Just as a note, any item you find with DRMO ink stamps or painted, means they are legit surplused items... often seen on old BDUs and uniform pieces, and most of these should rightly go to rag mills (being far too worn out) :rolleyes:. I have some old gear with that marking, and at least 1 .30 cal ammo can that has had a coat of tan spraypaint over original markings.

I might have some insight...
About 18 months ago, i noticed that pallets of the ammo cans starting going for more $$. What would normally run $600-$700 for a pallet of 500 cans, starting going for $2000+. People figured that they could buy them, sell them, and easily make money. What they then found out is that they have to pick them up, haul them, store them, clean them up a little, put them together, and then advertise and sell them, all around their normal schedule.

This is what I was talking about. The steep price increase seems to have been fairly recent. My memory has it that not all that long ago, guys were selling them at the WAC gun show for $5 each or thereabout. Well, people will pay what they are willing to let go of. I also have to keep in mind that the value of our money is a lot less than it used to be, takes more to buy stuff of all kinds.

As I mentioned above, I bought some ammo cans from Midway recently. Having taken the advice of another person on this thread who so advised, which I appreciate. I ordered their lowest level condition cans, Grade Three. Upon arrival, I opened the box and I was pleasantly surprised that their idea of Grade Three was higher than I'd expected based on their description. The package weighed 56 pounds. They were offered with "free shipping." Which of course isn't really free but would be better expressed as "shipping cost included." I know they get corporate discounts on shipping. Still, I wonder what it cost them to ship 56 pounds from Missouri to Wash.

Empty Surplus .30 Caliber Ammo Cans, 4 pack in the Crate (11349): Other Products: DIscontinued/Limited Quantity Products at Dillon Precision
$31.95 + shipping
Ammo_Can_4_Pack_Open.jpg

product_zoom.png
Empty Surplus .30 Caliber Ammo Cans, 4 pack in the Crate

Midway still has .30 cal cans at $5.99. Various free shipping deals.

Mind I do not know what condition the .30 cals are. If they are anything like the .50 cal cans I bought for us at the same grade, it's a pretty decent deal.

We sold em to Lebanon, Israel, UK, various South American militaried, Mexico, Cartels:rolleyes:, African countries, and so on.... i mean really, we can export M16s to other countries, just not to ordinary U.S. citizens.. although... there ARE surplus M16 kits on the market, and the much vaunted, much expensive M16 lowers have been surplused onto the market before 1986... just after 1986.. they're now very valuable/expensive due to being exclusive.

:rolleyes:
Gecko45 comment :rolleyes: I just find surplus gear works good for their price. I do not buy into the whole "tacticool everything" and go out all decked out in armor, vests, and looking like this :rolleyes:
View attachment 503063 View attachment 503064

Granted the military have their share of bigguns... View attachment 503065 View attachment 503066 View attachment 503067 View attachment 503069 View attachment 503070

And lest you think I'm only posting "modern "examples :rolleyes:
View attachment 503071
View attachment 503072 View attachment 503073 View attachment 503068
you forgot the best one! 704176F4-FEE0-4B5C-A457-0D2B9159B2E3.jpeg

And 2D20831E-87EB-414D-8286-F6D9CA196561.jpeg q A9A9EFA1-4CE7-4603-B20E-84DE5C27D27F.png 5E313AE6-9D8A-4DE3-A0C4-4A59F8447C3D.jpeg AE99C6CE-F694-47F6-95C9-ACBDD6802AC2.jpeg

I'll spare you my selfie...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads