JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi-Point is cheap. I have a .40 pistol and carbine and neither of them have ever had any failure at all. I wouldn't trust my life to it, but it is fun and I paid about $450 for both. The pistol is my garage gun, the carbine is one of my wife's favorite toys. I can't knock Hi-Point. They go bang every time. What else matters?

Accprding toHi-Point tech support by the time you need a deep cleaning ( detailed stripping) on a hi-point it is time to buy a new gun.

Last Edited:
I don't really know why you guys are knocking on Hi-Point. I'm not looking to keep it as a CC or OC, but just a gun to play around with at the range and on my friends property in Goldendale. They're cheap guns for price and pretty ugly, but if it goes boom, as far as I'm concerned, it works. I don't know about you guys, but I've shot them before and they're pretty damn reliable. My friend's dad has one of the originals and hasn't had a single jam in all it's time. And it's got an amazing warranty. If anything happens to it at all, send it to them and they fix it for free and they send a spare magazine. Plus, the warranty is transferable for the life of the gun. How could you shoot thousands of rounds through a gun and call it "trash." Yeah, it's cheap, but who really cares? When did shooting turn into "who has the best gun?" Last time I checked, shooting and the community of it all is what it's about. You have your guns, and I have mine. Don't knock on something you haven't really experienced. Plus, it's $200. That's like two-three weeks of gas. For hours of fun, I'm all about that.

They are ugly, heavy but your right they go bang and accurately at that to. Some ppl equate a good firearms to a high price. Personally I would not be seen owning a Hi-Point pistol, But that is because when i handled one I did not like the fit.I do like the carbines.
Remember in the forum everyone has thier opinions about any gun. You don't have to like them.

They are ugly, heavy but your right they go bang and accurately at that to. Some ppl equate a good firearms to a high price. Personally I would not be seen owning a Hi-Point pistol, But that is because when i handled one I did not like the fit.I do like the carbines.
Remember in the forum everyone has thier opinions about any gun. You don't have to like them.

The price equaling good firearm thing is so true. Some people aren't a fan of the Hi-Point for good reason, but I feel like half of the people on here, no offense, but almost talk out of their *** because they've seen or heard someone say, "Oh, this happened when I did this, etc., etc." I understand that not everyone will like a certain gun, but it doesn't mean people should necessarily rip on it because they saw one video where it jammed lol. On the point of the carbines, I had the chance to test it not too long ago, and I'd definitely make that a home defense weapon and a gun range day weapon. Fun and inexpensive to shoot for the most part.

I have reliably shot my Hi-Point 9c thousands of times with no issue, sans a bad magazine. I could not have asked for a better pistol to get into the world of firearms, it was inexpensive, reliable, tough and stayed as much throughout me getting pistols from different manufactures. If you want capacity, light weight, different sights and more accessories then you need to find a different manufacturer; but if you want a major caliber pistol on the cheap that will go bang every time go hi-point!

I have reliably shot my Hi-Point 9c thousands of times with no issue, sans a bad magazine. I could not have asked for a better pistol to get into the world of firearms, it was inexpensive, reliable, tough and stayed as much throughout me getting pistols from different manufactures. If you want capacity, light weight, different sights and more accessories then you need to find a different manufacturer; but if you want a major caliber pistol on the cheap that will go bang every time go hi-point!

That's pretty much exactly what I'm going for. I'm not looking for any thrills or anything. Just functionality. Mainly want to do clay pigeon events at my club and just something to have fun with on the cheap.

If it were me I would save up a little more and get a Taurus. I am interested in getting a hi point carbine though. Just sucks your stuck to no more than a 15 round mag.

Just remember opinions are cheap and Hi points are cheap, if it goes bang when you pull the trigger that is what you want, also with opinions you post on here then you have to wait to get a report. sounds like high point is a little more reliable then opinions.

Buy it, what do we care.
Just don't expect to receive any more advice from experienced gun owners here. What do we know here, we're just haters.

If you like heavy, ugly guns equipped with horrible triggers and sights, having no resale value, and a PIA to break down for cleaning, then hi-point is your weapon of choice.
Rock on brother.

Experienced gun owners know that Hi-Point is far better than their price(and far better than a Taurus).

I happen to own many fine S&W revolvers and other high quality guns. You in fact can have it both ways. I do not think buying a Hi-Point for your first gun or for any real purpose is a good idea. I do subscribe to the idea that you get what you pay for. Still, for a fun time gun(carbine) or a truck/outbuilding gun(pistol or carbine) they are fine. Remember the stone age when folks thought Ruger was of lesser quality?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top