Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Why did Democrats vote FOR the UBC bill?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by GuyBMeredith, Apr 21, 2013.

1. GuyBMeredith

GuyBMeredith Salem, Oregon Active Member

Okay, I'm sitting here scratching my head. Why did the Democrats vote for the UBC? I would think that the bill's support for interstate CHL and purchase would be a poison pill for them.

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

The CHL reciprocity was a separate amendment which almost passed. The interstate FFL isn't that big of a deal for them because states already regulate that for rifles.

3. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Two words... Party drones.

4. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

The obvious answer is that they need to show that they love children. They haven't put any real thought into enforcing existing laws so they espouse the easy answer, attack inanimate objects. Anyone who disagrees with them obviously has blood on their hands and is the cause of violence. It's just an easy way to take the high road with minimal effort.

5. Stomper

Like I said, two words.... 1. Party 2. Drones

rur862 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. jb11

jb11 salem Active Member

they hate freedom!

7. Stomper

No... That's three words. ;)

8. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

I disagree on the explanations so far. IMHO: It just shows they believe their own propaganda,

It will be interesting next election. How right was Clinton when he warned them?????

Just remember, some of these elected officials are going to have to be beat in the PRIMARY. No matter the party, you need to support a 2A candidate. Best of both worlds would be to have a 2A "D" Verse a 2A "R" in the election. Or even better, a libertarian in the general (You do know the WA primary generates a top two general?)

9. CharonPDX

CharonPDX Portland, OR Active Member

Yup. Which is why we need to education Democrats into realizing that *PLENTY* of actual "rank and file" Democrats are pro-2A. They've come to believe their leadership over their constituents (or, more accurately, their extremists.) We need to work to get more pro-2A Dems in, so that the OTHER Dems see that they can be a Dem and be pro-2A.

10. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

I think there will be a day soon where being a pro-2A Dem is going to be a tough ticket to beat.

11. nwdrifter

nwdrifter troutdale oregon Active Member

personally i am switching my registered party from rep to Dem just so i can vote in their primary. If all rep's did that we would get a play in the dem we get stuck with.Vote dem in the primary and rep when it counts. :thumbup:

12. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

It would be nice if we could vote in a party's primary regardless of how you're registered.

13. RoneKiln

RoneKiln Western Washington Active Member

I recall when the school district I grew up in was opening a new high school and made the mistake of letting the students vote on the mascot for what was going to become our rival high school. If I recall we were supposed to come up with three options for administrators to choose from. Rabid chipmunks, flaming chickens, and pink something or other (I forget) were the choices given.

Letting non party members vote in your primary sounds like begging for trouble.

Edit to add: Pink bunnies! That was the third option!