JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I heard there's a rumor obama was to make an anuual purchase limitation on ammo next year along with the AWB.
Prob internet chat.
Same old crap that happened in 2008 after he was elected. It will be back to normal in a couple months

Someone should start a poll about when 'it will be back to normal.'

Please include 'never' so I can submit my vote.

BG, official Ray of Sunshine.

I understand the frenzy on buying up the AR's and AK's as they 'may' get banned. Is ammo included in the proposed ban bills?

There won't be any bills it will be and Executive order, as is everything else he does ,that dang constitution gets in the way to much for this president.

I heard there's a rumor obama was to make an anuual purchase limitation on ammo next year along with the AWB.
Prob internet chat.
Same old crap that happened in 2008 after he was elected. It will be back to normal in a couple months

It will never go back to normal. It never went back to normal after the last panic. It only dropped down to somewhere between the old prices and the panic prices to establish the "new normal".

I really despise the crowd of people buying pmags and trying to resell them on NWFA at an outrageous price. The elevated price would cause distributors to raise THEIR price because why not? they can make more money and people would be willing to buy them! And then we will all just have one mag for one gun

I see a lot of people in the classifieds asking for double the retail price on ammo.

For example, $500 per case of steel cased .223, $700 for brass, $700 per case of steel cased .308.

The most amazing part is that ammo is out there. Shipments are coming in daily. I bought some 5.56 from the store 10 blocks from my house, and they expect more shipments in on Monday.

If you need some ammo now, maybe a small premium is worth it. But if you don't need it, wait until the holidays are over.

Panic buying isn't unique to firearms; remember the stampedes on Black Friday? Something about the month of December in our country whips people into a buying frenzy.

The anuual purchase limitation on ammo I'm sure is gonna be pushed as Cali has it and that Fien, fine, fein, stine, stien stein, Frankenstein lady is behind the push from cali.

BULL that was thrown out in court before it ever took effect. Please check on things before you post them unless it is your intention to spread rumors.

1. There shouldn't be a panic
2. I hear a lot of murmurs on the interwebs, but nothing from the people that actually make law in this country
3. People here selling for double value are simply raping their own community, and giving you the middle finger while they do it. It's not fair market, it's F you, pay me.

If any of these people ACTUALLY thought the government was going to make their weapon illegal or limit their ammo, they wouldn't be selling the items AT ALL. The fact that you are, shows you don't believe anything is going to happen and you will just repurchase the items once the price comes back down.

This has been a big disappointment for me, the gun community actively preying on their own. Lost a lot of respect for "my people" in all of this.

The ammunition market has supply and demand curves. Supply curves change slowly, but as we have seen, demand curves can shift suddenly. When that happens, it is easy to predict the market equilibrium will move to a higher price and higher volume.

It's fair to debate the psychology behind the demand curve shift, but it is unfair to criticize sellers for responding to market conditions with higher prices. Why would someone sell a case of ammo for $300 if they can sell it for $500? The sellers are just being rational.

Ya, I'm an accountant, and well versed in economics as well, micro and macro.

It's just a shame when a community not only buys into fear mongering, but also promotes said fear mongering.... "You aren't gonna find these anymore"....."I have these mags, get them while they're still legal".... Etc etc. I guess I thought people who constantly tell others to think an not act on emotions would do the same, but when it came time to practice what you preach.... Well you get the point.

But sure, supply...demand... Gotcha.

If the Gov said they were going to tax ammo so it would cost at least a buck for a round of steel cased Russian, there would be the most massive, outraged outcry amongst us.
I'm sure they're happy to sit and watch us all screwing each other right now....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top