JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When I'm researching a gun purchase, I sometimes look to the classifieds here for pricing or to see what accessories others have added to theirs. Why do many of you delete the content of the ads once sold rather than just locking the thread? It seems like we are all losing potentially useful info.

I feel the same way as you. That is why I always mark my ads as "sold" and just close it. That way people can clearly see what my item sold for. It has always bothered me that people just delete everything.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

It's also very aggravating when they reply to their own ad just to say "SOLD". ( which bumps their now closed ad to the top, pushing all the "open" ads down )

It would be a much better idea to add "SOLD" to their original ad AND to the original ad's subject line. Just my personal thoughts..........

It's also very aggravating when they reply to their own ad just to say "SOLD". ( which bumps their now closed ad to the top, pushing all the "open" ads down )

It would be a much better idea to add "SOLD" to their original ad AND to the original ad's subject line. Just my personal thoughts..........

there's actually a whole nuther thread on this very topic- bumping the ad to announce the item has sold is a reportable offense- please report them when you see them.

there's actually a whole nuther thread on this very topic- bumping the ad to announce the item has sold is a reportable offense- please report them when you see them.

I couldn't care less about bumping the ad; It is when they delete the whole original post that bugs me.

Sadie- I do look at GB, but Kimber Custom is right, local sales values are different.

There's a fair number of threads where people also don't like being able to delete the classified thread entirely. I agree with you. I'd like to see closed classified ads to get an idea of what something sold for.

There's a fair number of threads where people also don't like being able to delete the classified thread entirely. I agree with you. I'd like to see closed classified ads to get an idea of what something sold for.

I like having the option to delete the thread. If you don't want to delete yours, then don't...but don't try to take away my ability to do so.

I couldn't care less about bumping the ad; It is when they delete the whole original post that bugs me.

Sadie- I do look at GB, but Kimber Custom is right, local sales values are different.

And it's this type of thinking why there is a discussion on this topic already.

I like having the option to delete the thread. If you don't want to delete yours, then don't...but don't try to take away my ability to do so.

I'm not trying to take away your right to privacy; I'm just trying to understand the rationale. I don't really like people knowing what is in my gun safe, so I don't post in the "show your guns" threads. However, I don't care if people know what I sold or how much I sold it for. That is the point of this thread.

It could be because six months to a year after the ad was marked as sold and the thread closed, some idiot will email or pm you saying I'll take it because actually reading the ad is too hard for them.

I'm not trying to take away your right to privacy; I'm just trying to understand the rationale. I don't really like people knowing what is in my gun safe, so I don't post in the "show your guns" threads. However, I don't care if people know what I sold or how much I sold it for. That is the point of this thread.

so you go back to all your threads to update the sold price as well? it's the classifieds not a database of what market value of the gun is. I agree with what Bill Siegle said as well. Even if you make it painfully obvious that the item is no longer for sale, interweb idiots still ask about it.

It could be because six months to a year after the ad was marked as sold and the thread closed, some idiot will email or pm you saying I'll take it because actually reading the ad is too hard for them.

That makes sense. I was looking for an explanation like this since I couldn't figure out why someone would go to the effort to delete the information.

"Graybeard" TC Contender based forum will not let you delete your original ad,or edit it.Seems like they do it for the very reason to show the values.

I would love to see this here.Makes it easier to see what guns are selling for in the NW

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top