JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Way back when I first started CC, I had two little kids and felt uncomfortable with one in the pipe around them. That lasted about a year with no complications so I went full commando with it…

Last Edited:
While I agree about empty chamber carry these two 'cash & transit guards' were about as lackadaisical and unprepared as they could ever be.

Why were they transferring money in a public area around customers?

Guy stuffing the money into the cart has his BACK to everything and unaware of what's going on.

2nd guard is providing no overwatch and is too far from the guard with the money He has his back to the crowd as well, then starts to walk away in the direction of the robbers before they draw.

I saw essentially nothing in the way of even 'basic' security techniques being used and NO situational awareness.

Last Edited:
While I agree about empty chamber carry these two 'cash & transit guards' were about as lackadaisical and unprepared as they could ever be.

Guy stuffing the money into the cart has his BACK to everything and unaware of what's going on.

2nd guard is providing no overwatch and is too far from the guard with the money He has his back to the crowd as well, then starts to walk away in the direction of the robbers before they draw.

I saw essentially nothing in the way of even 'basic' security techniques being used and NO situational awareness.
Probably was getting paid $16 - $18 an hour…. if you want real professionals, you get what you pay for.

Concealed carry without a round in the chamber is simply dumb. Although I have met many people who I would much rather see carry and unloaded weapon. Better yet no magazine, even better no gun at all.

Agree, those two were ripe for the picking.

Wingman had his head totally up where the sun don't shine.
Then tried to surrender when SHTF....didn't work, he's dead.
You're on Overwatch dude....head on a swivel !

Money handler delayed the entire operation fumbling around with a shopping cart !
You jet in, you jet out. You don't fawk around with a shopping cart !
Then he draws and actually has the drop on the guy.
Ooops, I have a dry chamber !
Then under duress he doesn't pull the slide back far enough and presents a still-empty gun !

Sad, sad chain of events.

I have watched hundreds of self defense shootings on Youtube, I have seen exactly ZERO rack a slide.
I suppose you could train for it, buy why ?
One more thing to do that could get you killed.

Clear leather and have that thing runnin'

Damn shame, the money guy could have dropped the perp if his gun was ready.

I just watched this one yesterday, interesting exchange of ideas. Not everyone who disagrees is a knuckle-dragging idiot. I know that there are some respected, experienced members here who see the value in empty-chamber carry for some people under certain circumstances.

The blanket statement that "empty chamber carry is dumb" is du... er, not entirely accurate. There are very strong points to be made for loaded chamber at all times, but I think there is also room for a certain amount of reasonable perspective on this one.

The blanket statement that "empty chamber carry is dumb" is du... er, not entirely accurate.

With the chamber empty, you're going to lose 1/2 second (educated guess).
The question is, can you get the job done minus that 1/2 second ?
And in that situation, 1/2 second is a long time. You might have lead coming your way in 1/4 second.
I would hope that I could unleash hell at 0 seconds.

With the chamber empty, you're going to lose 1/2 second (educated guess).
The question is, can you get the job done minus that 1/2 second ?
And in that situation, 1/2 second is a long time. You might have lead coming your way in 1/4 second.
I would hope that I could unleash hell at 0 seconds.
I don't disagree, and like I said, there are very strong arguments to be made for loaded-chamber always. My point was just that for some people, in some circumstances, I can understand the argument otherwise.

Much of the time I don't carry at all (I have my reasons), so I might not be the most qualified for this discussion.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top