JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I drive 300 miles a day, 5 days a week. Here is what I have learned.
N Idaho drivers are horrible
people speeding is far less annoying than people driving slow
the police don't usually care unless you are driving unsafe
bicyclists should have to be randomly beaten or have a bounty on their heads for causing more traffic accidents than anyone else (Sandpoint, Id is a superb example)
roundabouts are a great thing if people would have any clue as to what "Yield" means
N Idaho drivers suck
Talking or texting is really dangerous
Old people cannot be trusted to even come close to caring about speed laws
Young people just want to get there fast
If you practice basic courtesy everyone is happier
They remove turn signal switches from all vehicles sold in N. Idaho
N. Idaho Sheriffs are good people while Spokane Sheriffs must hate their lives and must make you feel the same.
N Idaho drivers need to learn to drive.

I think you can replace N Idaho with a lot of places. Drive with courtesy which means move out of the left lane if people are driving faster, try not to pull out in front of traffic going faster than you intend to, and so forth.

I think you can replace N Idaho with a lot of places. Drive with courtesy which means move out of the left lane if people are driving faster, try not to pull out in front of traffic going faster than you intend to, and so forth.
Trust me, N. Idaho is a special kind of horrid driving. In Seattle and other large cities people can be rude and in a hurry or just plain inattentive, but after they yell and flip you off it is over, now imagine if 97% of them were total morons the second they got behind the wheel. My Favorite is them slowing down (even though they were already going 5 under in perfect weather) 1 mile before the offramp, going 45 in a 70. I have talked to transplants from Spokane and other big cities and they cannot believe it, they are the 3%. You would have to drive it to understand it, I have been all over Oregon and Washington, even S Idaho and the only thing that comes close is SLC Ut.

I do drive with courtesy, to a point, sometimes they need a good honking.

<broken link removed>

Pretty simple iusmc2002 - I dont have to and I wont - In no manner do I have to support someone breaking the law and speeding is breaking the law. If you feel that you need to exceed the posted limit please find a race rack. I will never complain about someone pushing the limit - exceeding the limit I will. However, if you dont like my driving you are always welcome to report me as i will others that break the limit or put others at risk. It shows absolutely no repsect for anyone and to me makes a statement with what is wrong with society today. Speeding to me pretty much says that whatever the speeder is doing is more important than the life of my family and or anyone else on the road, by the way speeding is illegal based on our current laws. I will most definitely move out of the way if I have a couple of people backed up behind me but I have seen many others not give that consideration.

James Ruby

You should try Texas. Do not know how many times I have been behind a long line of people who are held up by one person poking along. Some people have the opinion that they pay their taxes - they will drive anywhere and any manner they please. But it is not just one of these people - they are about every 5 miles.

I cant count how many times some idiot has been blocking 10 plus cars by driving under the speed limit in the left lane. I always try to pass them in the right lane, but there are usually tractor trailers using that lane as they are supposed to.

Pretty simple iusmc2002 - I dont have to and I wont - In no manner do I have to support someone breaking the law and speeding is breaking the law. If you feel that you need to exceed the posted limit please find a race rack. I will never complain about someone pushing the limit - exceeding the limit I will. However, if you dont like my driving you are always welcome to report me as i will others that break the limit or put others at risk. It shows absolutely no repsect for anyone and to me makes a statement with what is wrong with society today. Speeding to me pretty much says that whatever the speeder is doing is more important than the life of my family and or anyone else on the road, by the way speeding is illegal based on our current laws. I will most definitely move out of the way if I have a couple of people backed up behind me but I have seen many others not give that consideration.

James Ruby

You are hilarious, cupcake.

James Ruby

I enjoy how you pick and choose what laws you decide you'll follow while driving. THAT shows to me what is wrong with society. Do you always drive exactly at the posted speed limit? Or below it? If you are under the posted speed limit, in the left lane, and someone is behind you trying to pass, the law says you are to move your silly butt out of the way. For the love of god, have you ever driven in Montana? When the speed limit was "Reasonable and Prudent"? What would you do then? When there is no speed limit, so your judgement of "speeders" is heinous at best. If YOU aren't going the maximum posted speed limit, and someone else is, YOU are in the wrong. Just because someone is moving faster than you, doesn't have bubblegum to do with whether they think what they're doing is more important than your family. By the way, riding in the left lane, while others are trying to pass, is illegal based on our current laws. Stop being a spiteful jerk and move the **** out of the way. I don't speed, my Duramax gets nearly 20 mpg at 65 mph or slower, so thats where I ride. I don't really have a dog in this fight, other than reading this and watching you make a jerk of yourself.

I see it different than you - I dont have to drive right at the posted limit - there is typically a minimum and a maximum speed all that is required is that I travel in that limit - yes slower speeds typically inidcate that you should travel closer to the right hand lane - but if I am doing the posted maximum I will not typically move and some dip wad like you will be riding someones tail as is normal with an attitude like yours - I see it all the time. If I am not doing the posted limited then I should not be in the left lane except in certain rare instances. I have no intention of ever living in Montana so I really do not care what they do there - that is thier business and I will leave that to them and wish them well. Again I feel that if you are going over the posted limit you are the problem and that by you or someone else breaking the posted speed limit ( unless it is an emergency ) you are putting others at risk. If I am a jerk then I feel that I have good company including you IUSMC2002

James Ruby

I see it different than you - I dont have to drive right at the posted limit - there is typically a minimum and a maximum speed all that is required is that I travel in that limit - yes slower speeds typically inidcate that you should travel closer to the right hand lane - but if I am doing the posted maximum I will not typically move and some dip wad like you will be riding someones tail as is normal with an attitude like yours - I see it all the time. If I am not doing the posted limited then I should not be in the left lane except in certain rare instances. I have no intention of ever living in Montana so I really do not care what they do there - that is thier business and I will leave that to them and wish them well. Again I feel that if you are going over the posted limit you are the problem and that by you or someone else breaking the posted speed limit ( unless it is an emergency ) you are putting others at risk. If I am a jerk then I feel that I have good company including you IUSMC2002

James Ruby
So how do you know if the person behind you is responding to an emergency? I live near a hospital and I am constantly amazed at the terrible driving I encounter near the facility. I always try to remind my self that they might not be inconsiderate jerks or bad drivers but rather someone who may be experiencing a personal tragedy way out of proportion with any issue I may have with their driving. Granted almost all of the people behind you are not rushing to the hospital but how do you know which is which?

If I see someone with emergency blinkers on behind me - I will pull off the road - no questions asked. I may be a jerk but I do not want to hurt anyone or be the cause of someone not getting the aid they need. It really tees me off when people see an emergency vehicle and they wont move over out of the way.

James Ruby

The posted speed limit is bureaucratically decided number designed to maximize profit (i.e. speed tickets) without stoking up too much rage from the sheeple, and does nothing to improve road safety. It's a moral duty to ignore them.

That said, Portland drivers are the most brainless sheeple in the entire country. Just observe the drivers slamming the brake on 217S at the Hall Blvd exit because of a slight curvature in the highway and causing a backup all the way to 26. I had a better time driving in MA during college than here.

Speeding to me pretty much says that whatever the speeder is doing is more important than the life of my family and or anyone else on the road, by the way speeding is illegal based on our current laws.

Raymond Babbitt is probably a better driver than you.
Do us all a favor and take the bus if you're going any where other than K-mart.

Thank you for your opinion - so far my driving record is clean and I dont see that changing anytime soon..

James Ruby

Mine's clean too and I don't have to drive like a dyck to keep it that way, just a quality radar detector and common sense.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top