JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today, while on a short road trip to look at a used car, I drove through a small town near the Idaho border. The wife and I decided to stop at the local ACE hardware, so we drove there as well. Since every ACE hardware has a different paint department with different equipment and apparently no employee ever read the instructions, they all make different colored paint.

We decided to skip it and go to the original ACE which is closer to our house, instead of pulling in, I made a turn into the entrance of the store, paused and checked then pulled back into traffic. This was a four lane highway(with center turn lane) back the way we came. 400 yards down the road in a red truck was what turned out to be a crazy old man with serious mental health and direction issues.

This winner was in the left lane going 35mph, some demented old geezer who probably moved up from California last fall and wanted to be my new best friend. He sped up pulled beside me and layed on the horn while he shook his fist screaming about something. He swerved into my lane and tried to hit me or cut me off and was in a blind rage. I flipped him off and then he slammed on the brakes and pulled behind me. Apparently, having made a quasi U-turn hundreds of yards in front of him and not into his lane of travel was upsetting him something fierce.

After following me around for a couple of minutes I pulled into a parking lot and drove him around in circles as he screamed out the window and into his cell phone at me and/or about me. I finally stopped and told him to F-off and stop following me. He went on about, how U-turns were illegal in Idaho, I cut him off and he was on the phone to the Idaho highway patrol and they were going ot come arrest me for making a U-turn. We were not in Idaho, still a mile away and we were actually in the middle of a town in Washington state. I told him to choke on a dick and headed for home.

Now if he kept following me, I was going to stop at the police station and let them handle the demented old geezer. It was all of three blocks away. Instead he sat in the parking lot screaming into the phone and that was the last of him. I had a witness to the entire show, my wife had the day off as well and was sitting there quietly watching the show.

This is not the first crazy ranting idiot I have ran across over the years. Having to drive for work, I get to meet them often, sometimes far too often. They never know the traffic laws, much less follow them. They always manage to drive to slow in the left lane or to fast in the right, never use blinkers and rarely stop for signs or lights. Worst of all, they really think they own the roads, not just their lane, but all lanes.

Is it just me or is this crap getting worse? Spokane added a few traffic circles and I hear people complain all the time about how hard they are to drive through. It's a traffic circle, it is not like they had to figure out the area of a triangle in order to pull out. ?

I occasionally drive a ten ton truck, when these idiots try and merge they pull right under the hood so close you cannot see them. Apparently, they do not understand the truck won't stop until it is on top of their car. I've watched more than a few nearly merge with my right front tire, which is as tall as the car they are driving. Very few of them even bother to look where they are going.

Did anyone ever actually read that driver's book they give you before you take the driver's test? It has a lot of really useful information in it.

All the flipping off and telling him to choke on a male appendage in the world wouldn't make a bit of difference, or make you any more right if he was crazy enough to pull a weapon and start flinging lead towards you and your pretty wife now would it? Im not saying that you did anything wrong with your driving, but you never know what kind of reaction your going get from some folks. I wont sit here and say I haven't had my share of encounters and over reactions with idiot drivers, or that I blame you for being pissed at this "demented old geezer", Im just saying that dead right and dead wrong both have the same results. I would be counting my lucky stars that it was a cell phone he reached for and not a Glock. I hope you have a better day today, John.

In the city of Portland Oregon it i is illegal to make a U-Turn unless the intersection specifically says that you can. I would not sssume that all 50 states say that you can make a U-Turn. Do not know really why this rule exists because no one follows it.

Last Edited:
The problem as I see it is that people are getting fed up with how others seem to continuously break the law and the Police do nothing about it. The "Police" use to manage traffic infractions such as running red lights, speeding, stopping in crosss walks, changing lanes with out using your turn signals - today even if the police see someone do it you have a pretty good chance that if it does not cause an accident you will get away without a ticket. The "Police" lack of ensuring that when traffic violations are committed is leading to a lot of disgruntled people - my self included. I feel that more people will try to take the law into thier own hands baecause the "Police" we pay a salary too are no longer holding up thier end of the bargain.

The problem as I see it is that people are getting fed up with how others seem to continuously break the law and the Police do nothing about it. The "Police" use to manage traffic infractions such as running red lights, speeding, stopping in crosss walks, changing lanes with out using your turn signals - today even if the police see someone do it you have a pretty good chance that if it does not cause an accident you will get away without a ticket. The "Police" lack of ensuring that when traffic violations are committed is leading to a lot of disgruntled people - my self included. I feel that more people will try to take the law into thier own hands baecause the "Police" we pay a salary too are no longer holding up thier end of the bargain.

Seems very true, I sometimes think the police are more interested in things that might bring more revenue into their coffers than they should be. Seems like more & more I am hearing from people who have been victimized that the police are unwilling to check broken-into homes & vehicles for fingerprints/evidence. The police seem to think they can just take the report over the phone without a care as to eventually being able to catch the thief, or not. No evidence collected means no thief will be caught.

I have to drive up and down I-5 between Bellingham and Everett every weekend. Most of it is a 2 lane, not the standard 3+ we usually have in the state. I cant count how many times some idiot has been blocking 10 plus cars by driving under the speed limit in the left lane. I always try to pass them in the right lane, but there are usually tractor trailers using that lane as they are supposed to. These people apparently never look in their mirrors, or just dont bother with the whole slower traffic keep right ideology. I actually passed a woman driving a small SUV once that was holding up the whole left lane. I gave her a glare and shook my head as I sped up in the right and did the speed limit. Of course she in her infinite wisdom speeds up and shakes her fist at me through her passenger window haggling me as we went along. I had to take the exit in 10 seconds which was nice or I would have had to deal with her the entire way.

My favorite look is when they are leaned forward with their neck forward as well and mouth wide open, never looking in any of their mirrors.... I swear some of them are drooling.

Today, while on a short road trip to look at a used car, I drove through a small town near the Idaho border. The wife and I decided to stop at the local ACE hardware, so we drove there as well. Since every ACE hardware has a different paint department with different equipment and apparently no employee ever read the instructions, they all make different colored paint.

We decided to skip it and go to the original ACE which is closer to our house, instead of pulling in, I made a turn into the entrance of the store, paused and checked then pulled back into traffic. This was a four lane highway(with center turn lane) back the way we came. 400 yards down the road in a red truck was what turned out to be a crazy old man with serious mental health and direction issues.

This winner was in the left lane going 35mph, some demented old geezer who probably moved up from California last fall and wanted to be my new best friend. He sped up pulled beside me and layed on the horn while he shook his fist screaming about something. He swerved into my lane and tried to hit me or cut me off and was in a blind rage. I flipped him off and then he slammed on the brakes and pulled behind me. Apparently, having made a quasi U-turn hundreds of yards in front of him and not into his lane of travel was upsetting him something fierce.

After following me around for a couple of minutes I pulled into a parking lot and drove him around in circles as he screamed out the window and into his cell phone at me and/or about me. I finally stopped and told him to F-off and stop following me. He went on about, how U-turns were illegal in Idaho, I cut him off and he was on the phone to the Idaho highway patrol and they were going ot come arrest me for making a U-turn. We were not in Idaho, still a mile away and we were actually in the middle of a town in Washington state. I told him to choke on a dick and headed for home.

Now if he kept following me, I was going to stop at the police station and let them handle the demented old geezer. It was all of three blocks away. Instead he sat in the parking lot screaming into the phone and that was the last of him. I had a witness to the entire show, my wife had the day off as well and was sitting there quietly watching the show.

This is not the first crazy ranting idiot I have ran across over the years. Having to drive for work, I get to meet them often, sometimes far too often. They never know the traffic laws, much less follow them. They always manage to drive to slow in the left lane or to fast in the right, never use blinkers and rarely stop for signs or lights. Worst of all, they really think they own the roads, not just their lane, but all lanes.

Is it just me or is this crap getting worse? Spokane added a few traffic circles and I hear people complain all the time about how hard they are to drive through. It's a traffic circle, it is not like they had to figure out the area of a triangle in order to pull out. ?

I occasionally drive a ten ton truck, when these idiots try and merge they pull right under the hood so close you cannot see them. Apparently, they do not understand the truck won't stop until it is on top of their car. I've watched more than a few nearly merge with my right front tire, which is as tall as the car they are driving. Very few of them even bother to look where they are going.

Did anyone ever actually read that driver's book they give you before you take the driver's test? It has a lot of really useful information in it.

My wife and I have seen the movie "Down Periscope" a number of times and think it is outstanding. She has been know to quote one of Kelsey Grammer's lines from the movie on the odd occasion that I work myself into a "lonegunman" state of mind over poor drivers. She just looks at me and deadpans, "Marty, I'm a little worried about your health. Not exactly a people person, are you?" That pretty much snaps me out of it :)

This usually comes up, even on this forum, when people complain about others following the law, stopping for stop signs, etc.

Maybe a good lesson of how it looks from the other side.

People should mind their own business.

At Costco yesterday there was an old guy pushing his cart, as I tried to back out he kept coming over closer to me so I had to keep turning sharper. (I had started backing out before he even crossed the street) As I started to go forward he sped up and got in front of me. Slowed down in the middle of the road, blocking me from going around. when I could go around he purposely hit my car with the shopping cart. I looked in the mirror and he was flipping me off. I stopped and got out, he came almost running at me. He actually bumped me and yelled for me to call the cops. Well, I didn't need to do that as there was already one in the parking lot.

Problem is, the only thing I can do is sue him in court and the policewoman said he'd just make up a story and it'd be my word against his. Just not worth my time as I think most of the scratches will rub out. MY wife said he was just looking for trouble. The cop said he had given her three different stories of what happened.

Deen
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 4090 350/1050 W/Banks (now 435/1200)
RV'ing since 1957
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member
FMCA f47302s
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter

Our motorhome is 41' long and weighs over 32,000#'s and I've had the same problem, one time it was an old fart in the Terwilliger curves. I laid on the air horns but all he did was pull over into the fast lane in front of another car.

Deen
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 4090 350/1050 W/Banks (now 435/1200)
RV'ing since 1957
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member
FMCA f47302s
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter

All the flipping off and telling him to choke on a male appendage in the world wouldn't make a bit of difference, or make you any more right if he was crazy enough to pull a weapon and start flinging lead towards you and your pretty wife now would it? Im not saying that you did anything wrong with your driving, but you never know what kind of reaction your going get from some folks. I wont sit here and say I haven't had my share of encounters and over reactions with idiot drivers, or that I blame you for being pissed at this "demented old geezer", Im just saying that dead right and dead wrong both have the same results. I would be counting my lucky stars that it was a cell phone he reached for and not a Glock. I hope you have a better day today, John.

Reaching for a "glock" would not have gone quite like he hoped. I was not in the least bit worried about that event. Letting him scream like a retard in the store parking lot was preferable to handling this ten miles out of town on a dirt road. There were plenty of witnesses to his behavior where I was at that moment.

Everybody wants to pull a gun, until everyone in the fight has a gun.

I had the drug crazed home invader about twenty years ago and a few years later the armed thug ambush at the ATM. I manage quite well. A 35 minute LEO response when you are less than a mile from a police station helps bring out the "do-it-yourself" abilities of most people.

*bump* to this.

LET IT GO...too many Type-A personalities in this world, I swear. Everyone wants to race at the light, reach for a gun at the first middle finger or call the police after being cut off. Just be the bigger man, swallow your pride and keep driving! If he would have continued to follow I would have just pulled into a police station parking lot and watch the bugger peel away like he was running to the bathroom with explosive diarrhea.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top