why cant I post to the classified?

Reactions
I want to respond to someone's classified ad but it throws up this message:

TheBrainTrain, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

how do I fix this?

Reactions
Dang, I really enjoyed the saucy reparte` of comments on for sale items. It was a great way to get insight on the gun by people with experience with it or knowledge of it, and often it was very humorous. What was the problem? I will miss these comments. It was as if each item had a small message thread of often useful information..........................elsullo :(

Reactions
It was getting out of hand with useless posts as well.

A usual, a few can ruin things for everyone.
No offence, but MOST of the posts on this site are "useless". It's all part of the fun of sharing an interest in firearms. Why stop it? Is the server out of space? Can't we afford to continue useless chatter?....................elsullo

Reactions
Not being able to have a publicly visible record of who contacts the OP when kinda sucks, IMO.

Should have just restricted comments to direct questions concerning item for sale and PM/offer sent type stuff. Mod edit, warning and eventual temp ban for chatty cathys and ad stompers in the classifieds,,

Weebs

Reactions
Not being able to have a publicly visible record of who contacts the OP when kinda sucks, IMO.

Should have just restricted comments to direct questions concerning item for sale and PM/offer sent type stuff. Mod edit, warning and eventual temp ban for chatty cathys and ad stompers in the classifieds,,
That's basically what was in place before... The problem probably came down to the work load it put on the moderators. As the site grows the problem would grow also.

Reactions
This is exactly what we were doing before, but no one seemed to listen.

And the other problem that would happen, is someone would say "thats a horrible price, I cant get that for x amount of dollars", then an argument would ensue.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Wildcat Mountain
    4.00 star(s)
    Wildcat Mountain Nov. 30
    Went there today, it was accessible but bad conditions which I kind of expected. Melting snow, mud, etc. No one there and I didn't see a lot of...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Best true Gun shop ive been in for some time
    Cool stuff in stock rather than the top 10 at corporate box stores They moved to a larger place I have to go back and spend more money. I like to...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
Top Bottom