JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to respond to someone's classified ad but it throws up this message:

TheBrainTrain, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

how do I fix this?

Dang, I really enjoyed the saucy reparte` of comments on for sale items. It was a great way to get insight on the gun by people with experience with it or knowledge of it, and often it was very humorous. What was the problem? I will miss these comments. It was as if each item had a small message thread of often useful information..........................elsullo :(

It was getting out of hand with useless posts as well.

A usual, a few can ruin things for everyone.

No offence, but MOST of the posts on this site are "useless". It's all part of the fun of sharing an interest in firearms. Why stop it? Is the server out of space? Can't we afford to continue useless chatter?....................elsullo

Not being able to have a publicly visible record of who contacts the OP when kinda sucks, IMO.

Should have just restricted comments to direct questions concerning item for sale and PM/offer sent type stuff. Mod edit, warning and eventual temp ban for chatty cathys and ad stompers in the classifieds,,

Not being able to have a publicly visible record of who contacts the OP when kinda sucks, IMO.

Should have just restricted comments to direct questions concerning item for sale and PM/offer sent type stuff. Mod edit, warning and eventual temp ban for chatty cathys and ad stompers in the classifieds,,

That's basically what was in place before... The problem probably came down to the work load it put on the moderators. As the site grows the problem would grow also.

This is exactly what we were doing before, but no one seemed to listen.

And the other problem that would happen, is someone would say "thats a horrible price, I cant get that for x amount of dollars", then an argument would ensue.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top