JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What do you mean by this? Are you talking about through the USPS for handguns? If so, that is correct, as stated in my post. I think you are a little off on the overnight price though, I have never paid that much. It also depends on who you use for shipping, some shippers only require 2 day shipping for firearms.

I think what he is referring to is the fact that a FFL can ship a handgun to another FFL through USPS for cheap enough that it is often worth paying an FFL to ship it versus sending UPS or FedEx overnight.

I work at "SW WA Surplus" in Vancouver. We are a Class III FFL holder. We charge $20 incoming and $30 outgoing. Any business that charges more is taking advantage of you because you are literally paying for 15 minutes of work and the FBI NICS E-Check is entirely free and takes no more than 5 minutes.

If you want face to face proof then stop by. Name's Zack. I'll preach you the truth.

I work at "SW WA Surplus" in Vancouver. We are a Class III FFL holder. We charge $20 incoming and $30 outgoing. Any business that charges more is taking advantage of you because you are literally paying for 15 minutes of work and the FBI NICS E-Check is entirely free and takes no more than 5 minutes.

If you want face to face proof then stop by. Name's Zack. I'll preach you the truth.

In Oregon the background check is done through the state police and costs $10.

You sure about that transfer fee?

I shipped a ar 15 lower to a FFL in conn. and I didnt pay anything, however the guy on the receiving end payed something like $20
some ffl wont accept from a private party but I havent came across one that wont.

And for the OP.

Sometimes people are willing to drive across state lines to a FFL to help out, that way you only have to pay the one transfer feee, I have offered to do it on some of my sales.

Hope that helps..

The FFL in Riverside, Dave's gun and pawn, will not accept an out of state gun from a non-FFL....Been there. Done that. He charges $20.

The FFL in WDC chages $125 according to Emily Miller in the Washington Times.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top