JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been 100% for body cams for as long as I knew about them.

Unfortunately from what I understand some departments Don't have the funding for them. This is what the state should be providing IMO as it goes along with safety gear....

I don't really see any logical reason (other than budgeting) that they aren't more widespread.

I swear I heard an officer rack the slide of a handgun. Possibly the one with the body cam. Seems like a bad idea to not have a round chambered moments before the guy attacked another officer.

You could see in the footage just where he was beginning to turn his life around. Sorry, sick sense of humor while I'm stuck in the hospital.

Oh, you're going to see (and hear) all the, "you could have shot him in the leg" crowd come out of the woodwork, then they're all gonna meet downtown and "go shopping" to get the things "they need survive"... 'cuz "businesses have insurance, and reparations" 'n stuff.

:rolleyes:

These are the types of events we will be seeing more and more of; officers using non-lethal force against a lethal threat. Lethal threat = lethal force. I looked through the reports in the link (all the other body cam footage is there as well). In the reports it states the officer was stabbed multiple times in the abdomen, fortunately the were deflected by her vest (which most are not made to stop edged weapons but generally help like this one did). She is extremely lucky to not have been hit by friendly fire.

I swear I heard an officer rack the slide of a handgun. Possibly the one with the body cam.
Sounds and looks like he actually racked the slide twice before getting involved. If this is the case, major issue...training, training scars???

Unfortunately from what I understand some departments Don't have the funding for them. This is what the state should be providing IMO as it goes along with safety gear....

I don't really see any logical reason (other than budgeting) that they aren't more widespread.
My old department started using dash cams in 1990, before they were on the radar for most departments. There were many issues we had to overcome with these. The issues are multiplied with body cams. I agree they are valuable but the cost is not in the cameras (yes, that is part of it). Think of how much storage space is needed for Chicago PD for the daily downloads. When there is video it is constantly being requested so now this adds to staffing hardware, policies, etc. It's getting better with technology but often overwhelming initially during the implementation. Obviously it can be overcome as many departments have been able to make it work.

One last thing...if an officer has to retire because too little force was used and they are injured to the point where they medically retire...easy for this cost over the life of the officer to end up in the multiple millions.

BUT, But, but.....the Officer said, "Put your God Damm hands up".

That was rude and probably only served to ESCALATE the situation. Besides, the suspect ONLY had a knife. He didn't have to be shot so many times by the "Trigger Happy Cop(s)."

Then.....

thats-racist.gif

Rrrrrright.......
Everyone has been told that cops are "Racist". And, that the Police Departments are "Institutionally Racist". This video is actually only going to fan the flames of more RACISM. Cameras that show some arrests are just too controversial for TV and/or the general public. In the spirit of being more "inclusive". NO..... "interracial arrest footage" (White cops and Black suspects or vis versa) should be permissible.

Once again proving......
Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. :s0092:

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
The bozz at one of the radio communications shops where I worked would often tell the story of when portable radios small enough to fit in your hand came out. It seems they were first issued to beat/street officers that were on foot. NYC? IDK.

The officers saw these brick sized radios they were forced to add to their duty belts as intrusive, nagging, a tether to central control, etc. Just of no benefit and much downside. How to turn that around.... leadership/higherups were able to sell them on the points that beyond checking in or being available to answer a call, they could get an I.D. check, they could call for help/backup/ambulance, etc, or even just let dispatch know they were following a suspect or fleeing felon into a dark alley.

We sold some of the first body cams to local LE... I never heard an officer say that he didn't want to wear one because they'd expose how he acts, and the DA's were able to either prove their case with video evidence of what ACTUALLY happened (despite scumbag criminal's claims) or often the case wouldn't even go to court because the vid was show to the perp and they would drop all the BS claims and plead it out.

Yup, I think it would be taxpayer money well spent. There are very very few cases where they show LE doing wrong, and can be very good at documenting and exposing to the public of how scum really behaves, what LE has to put up with, and how/why idiots/jerks etc get themselves shot by a cop(s).

I have been 100% for body cams for as long as I knew about them.

Not coming at you for saying this, we all have heard it time and time again.

The reality is, we're rich as bubblegum. There is nothing we can't fund, if it's a priority to us and we yell loud enough that our elected "representatives" hear us... they can fund it.

I think a big part of the problem has generally been the culture at the top of not wanting to deal with the reality that you have some bad apples that need to go, and you just might loose a few of the guys you like because of it.

If it's important, we have the money... don't let anyone ever say otherwise.

@
We sold some of the first body cams to local LE... I never heard an officer say that he didn't want to wear one because they'd expose how he acts, and the DA's were able to either prove their case with video evidence of what ACTUALLY happened (despite scumbag criminal's claims) or often the case wouldn't even go to court because the vid was show to the perp and they would drop all the BS claims and plead it out.
Bbbas, are you still involved with the business? Any thoughts on private use and/or recommended devices?

Yup, I think it would be taxpayer money well spent. There are very very few cases where they show LE doing wrong, and can be very good at documenting and exposing to the public of how scum really behaves, what LE has to put up with, and how/why idiots/jerks etc get themselves shot by a cop(s).

I_will_allow_it.gif
BUT, But, but......
You_cant_handle.gif

The media MUST be allowed to continue to have control of the "acceptable narrative". You know? Cops are RACISTS and The Police Dept. is an example of an "Institutionalized Racist Organization" which must be abolished. NO Justice....NO Peace!

Showing "people of color".....IF or when they act badly......is plain old RACISM. So then......an equal number of non-people of color behaving badly should also be televised to show more "equity" in news reporting.

BUT, But, but......then, the program will probably be very "short."

thats-racist.gif

Once again....it's like being between a rock and a hard place.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Not just for the liability purposes - but for training.
This got dicey. 3 officers showed way too much restraint probably due to the anti-cop climate and it almost cost this poor lady her life.
But even with all that (and multiple taser hits) I some people just don't care.

Yet there will still be riots :mad:
I have wondered for a while now if Taser did not "tame down" the damn things as this never used to happen. Sadly again they should have gone lethal LONG before they did. He should not have been allowed to get anywhere near the Officer with that blade. It is the direct result of the media. Cops know the second they pull the trigger, even when it's on tape, here come the race baiting race hustlers with the big media in tow.

These are the types of events we will be seeing more and more of; officers using non-lethal force against a lethal threat. Lethal threat = lethal force. I looked through the reports in the link (all the other body cam footage is there as well). In the reports it states the officer was stabbed multiple times in the abdomen, fortunately the were deflected by her vest (which most are not made to stop edged weapons but generally help like this one did). She is extremely lucky to not have been hit by friendly fire.

Not that they should have let him get anywhere near her but, any good vest will defeat a knife like that. It is VERY hard to get a knife to go into a vest. The thing they are most ineffective on are things like an ice pick. This is why so many who work in a prison wear stab vests. The weapons made in prison are often close to ice pick like. Think of how most rounds to defeat a vest are made by pushing a very small diameter round very fast. Its the same thing with a blade. To get through the best ones are small, sharp, and gone at the vest strait on.
They still should never have allowed this scum to get to the other Officer. It's just dumb luck he did not put the blade either under her vest or above her vest and kill her. :mad:
Also as mentioned given how so many LEO's shoot in stress it's damn lucky they did not accidentally shoot her.

Holy scheit-snacks! I watched the video again with the window fully expanded. I didn't see the part at the end with his life blood gushing out his jugular!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top