JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The body-cam is a tool and protects the integrity of the officer's version of events which can be lost or misinterpreted by stressors and/or physical objects. It is not the end all to de-escalate a possible violent situation rather a means to capture the behavior and/or intend of the subject. The cost of the body-cam is always going to be a factor. Every community who demands reform from the police should allocate funds to have these for every officer, detective, and supervisor. If the community wants accountability, it goes both ways, the accountability of the subject-their demeanor and conduct during the course of the interaction.

The collection of the video data needs to be protected and viewed by properly trained management and investigators. When deemed available to the public, the entire content should be released for viewing. The arm chaired quarterbacks and internet self appointed experts can look at it and second guess if they want. But the information is there. The district attorney's office (IE Portland) "shall" and not may use this as evidence against the subject and officers if there is a questionable arrest or death.

Technology is changing, the current bulky body-cam will be miniaturized soon and placed on the uniform as if wearing a badge for the officer. The video portion can be 4K quality, there will be no question of what is witnessed by the body-cam. The video data captured can be "live" view directly to the dispatchers and supervisors. Will there be push back by the community, more than likely by the likes of ACLU, BLM, Antifa and other social organizations. In the end, aren't we all seeking the truth? Be safe and have a good weekend.

Complacency can kill. The more we handle firearms, the more chance of becoming distracted, on autopilot, or complacent. Yes?

If you KNOW that complacency kills, you take steps to protect yourself from complacency, just like you take steps to protect yourself from violent attack.

I try to always be Mentally Present when I handle my weapon. If I clear my weapon or I do a press check and I notice that I wasn't paying FULL attention, I stop and do it over.

The body-cam is a tool and protects the integrity of the officer's version of events which can be lost or misinterpreted by stressors and/or physical objects. It is not the end all to de-escalate a possible violent situation rather a means to capture the behavior and/or intend of the subject. The cost of the body-cam is always going to be a factor. Every community who demands reform from the police should allocate funds to have these for every officer, detective, and supervisor. If the community wants accountability, it goes both ways, the accountability of the subject-their demeanor and conduct during the course of the interaction.

The collection of the video data needs to be protected and viewed by properly trained management and investigators. When deemed available to the public, the entire content should be released for viewing. The arm chaired quarterbacks and internet self appointed experts can look at it and second guess if they want. But the information is there. The district attorney's office (IE Portland) "shall" and not may use this as evidence against the subject and officers if there is a questionable arrest or death.

Technology is changing, the current bulky body-cam will be miniaturized soon and placed on the uniform as if wearing a badge for the officer. The video portion can be 4K quality, there will be no question of what is witnessed by the body-cam. The video data captured can be "live" view directly to the dispatchers and supervisors. Will there be push back by the community, more than likely by the likes of ACLU, BLM, Antifa and other social organizations. In the end, aren't we all seeking the truth? Be safe and have a good weekend.

Their goal is NOT to make the system more fair, their goal is to make the system fail.

If you KNOW that complacency kills, you try to take steps to protect yourself from complacency, just like you try to take steps to protect yourself from violent attack.

Fixed it.

It's not that I disagree with you in general on this, it's that I know what happens with people. We can have the best intentions, then watch it all fall apart. Especially as we get older.

I do seem to remember some grissly (sp) threads right here from very experienced people that had a moment of ooops that cost them body parts and caused them pain and suffering.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top