JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Please help me clear up a few questions. Comments from CHL people and Open Carry people would be appreciated. Thanks!

1.Why ask for CHL privileges?

2.Why ask for permission to do something when its already yours?

3.Why did we let the Government tell us if we can carry a firearm under your shirt?

4.Do CHL people believe they deserve better treatment then the Open Carry people?

5.Does having a CHL make you better at operating a firearm?

As for questions number 4 and 5. Yes we CHL holders are better than you and are superior marksmen. We also have excellent bone structure and are held, how shall I say it, in AWE by the lower class open carry advocates. :s0114::s0114::s0114:

Seriously It was just a personal choice for me to get a CHL. Whether or not I agree with having to get a license to do it was a moot point when I made my decision to get my CHL. I didn't particulary like it, but it is the lay of the land for now and it's not likely to change until we do a house cleaning in Salem and are able to initiate legislation like they did in Arizona to get rid of the CHL requirement.

It's a rule of life that you have to deal with BS to get what you want. If you want to be able to defend yourself, then you have to get your BS permission slip, otherwise you have to deal with BS charges if you get caught.

Regarding #4, once I got my badge, I felt I deserved special treatment.

Please help me clear up a few questions. Comments from CHL people and Open Carry people would be appreciated. Thanks!

3.Why did we let the Government tell us if we can carry a firearm under your shirt?

4.Do CHL people believe they deserve better treatment then the Open Carry people?

1) Because I want to carry concealed and the law is screwed up requiring this permit in able to do so.
2) Because **I** do not want to be the test case that shows the current law to be unconstitutional (Oregon Constutution and US Constitution)
3) Because there are too many people like me who would rather take the path of least resistance and follow the silly unconstitutional law, than try to fight it.
4) Yes. Concealed you will get better treatment from the hoplophobes than open carry. Deserved? Probably not, but that is the way it is.
5) Yes, because having a CHL ** FOR ME** enables me to carry everyday. Carrying everyday inspires me to practice more. Practice makes better....

Because even though the fact that I have to get a CHL to do certain things pisses me off a little, it does not piss me off enough that I'm ready to go voting from the rooftops. Since it is not a huge deal to go get a CHL, I figure, eh, I'll go along with it. The issue is not worth a civil war, **** it isn't even worth court costs. Not to me anyway, maybe some rich guy will go try to fight it in court.

see above

**** don't ask me. I wasn't around back then.

Of course not everyone *does* you know. A certain nearby state does not issue CHLs very often and in that certain nearby state it is only a misdemeanor if caught carrying and that certain nearby state also has laws that protect you from prosecution if you use your firearm in self defense, and maybe I have to visit that certain nearby state relatively often. Not that I am *implying* anything... :s0131:

Not that I know of. Of course if you keep your gun concealed you probably aren't going to get any bad treatment whereas open carrying is likely to get you at least some negative attention from the rest of the populace. It's not a matter of who deserves what it is just how it is these days. :/ Carry concealed if you don't want to have to put up with coprolites.

Nope. When I took the CHL class we only did a little bit of live fire at close range, and most people that came brought .22lrs lulz. Go play some IDPA and IPSC to get better skillz. Lots of fun too! :)

It's a rule of life that you have to deal with BS to get what you want. If you want to be able to defend yourself, then you have to get your BS permission slip, otherwise you have to deal with BS charges if you get caught.

Lolol those badges are so ridiculous.

As was mentioned, most of us can't afford monetarilly or otherwise to be the test case. I feel it is a violation of our constitutional rights, but my families safety trumps my anger about the system.

Once again, because we can't afford the consequences if we don't!

We shouldn't have. It is just another example of progression.

Absolutely not. I simply choose to carry concealed in my everyday life, so it was the only option short of prison for me.

No, my amazing genetics do. lol. J/k.

1) Because I want to carry concealed and the law is screwed up requiring this permit in able to do so.
2) Because **I** do not want to be the test case that shows the current law to be unconstitutional (Oregon Constutution and US Constitution)
3) Because there are too many people like me who would rather take the path of least resistance and follow the silly unconstitutional law, than try to fight it.
4) Yes. Concealed you will get better treatment from the hoplophobes than open carry. Deserved? Probably not, but that is the way it is.
5) Yes, because having a CHL ** FOR ME** enables me to carry everyday. Carrying everyday inspires me to practice more. Practice makes better....

Pretty well said. Give to Caesar what is Caesar's. Waiting for that test case, but I cannot afford to be that test case...

inlarge.jpg

I think open carrying is less conspicuous than this!

I'll be honest..... at times I get tired of people looking at me like I'm about to shoot them when I open carry. One thing I like to try is to have a CHL badge, and a holder for it that allows me to also display my CHL permit for when I open carry. I would think that if someone saw me open carry and they saw something shiny (CHL badge) around my neck with a pic ID that they would calm down a bit and assume that I'm a good guy. People already assume what they want to assume so why not try to make it kinda of a positive assumption? lol Yeah I guess I would look like a wanna be cop..... but when I wear my uniform to work I already look like one :s0114:

Because , God forbid , that I ever have to use my concealed handgun , I really , really want to see that look of dull confusion on the BG ' s face when he hears the first bang . It's not important that everyone sees my weapon - it is important to me and the loved ones I protect that I have it with me always .

I'll be honest..... at times I get tired of people looking at me like I'm about to shoot them when I open carry. One thing I like to try is to have a CHL badge, and a holder for it that allows me to also display my CHL permit for when I open carry. I would think that if someone saw me open carry and they saw something shiny (CHL badge) around my neck with a pic ID that they would calm down a bit and assume that I'm a good guy. People already assume what they want to assume so why not try to make it kinda of a positive assumption? lol Yeah I guess I would look like a wanna be cop..... but when I wear my uniform to work I already look like one :s0114:

I'd rather just OC. Those badges make me think the wearer is one of those sheepdawg/mall ninja wannabe police.

All laws governing the ownership or use of a firearm are Constitutionally illegal. That includes CWP, hunting license & gun registration. The Second Amendment say, 'Shall Not Infringe' and as far as I'm concerned they have infringed upon my rights with these illegal & immoral laws. Do I follow them, **** yes. Am I happy about them, _ _ _ _ NO! Can I change them? Yes, by voting in people who believe in the Constitution.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top