JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I live in small rural town (10,000 + population) and I see loads of people (1 in 10) open carrying and figure concealed is probably 3-4x that many.

Been very diligent to look up business I want to go to and check their policies if any. A bit frustrating to make sure not getting jammed up but ehh par for the course as a responsible chl holder and carrying

So my title is precisely what says....

Why aren't business required to post their policies? 8x 11 sign right on the door or to the side with a capital "O" for open carry allowed. Or a capital "C" allowing concealed carry. Or capitals "GF" for gun forbidden.

Last Edited:
Why should a business be required to show support for or against the 2nd Amendment..?

Would you require a business owner to state what church they belong to or not as the case may be...
How 'bout requiring a business owner to post a sign about who and what they voted for in the last election...?

If you as a business owner want to post a sign stating your thoughts on any of the above....
Go right on ahead.

Making any of the above as a requirement , seems like a bad idea to me.
Andy

I presume that I can carry in any business I go in to, unless otherwise stated. I don't see too many signs around here that say I can't, but I'm not really looking for them.
To require a business to state their opinion on the matter seems like just another onerous rule to follow.

I live in small rural town (10,000 + population) and I see loads of people (1 in 10) open carrying and figure concealed is probably 3-4x that many.

Been very diligent to look up business I want to go to and check their policies if any. A bit frustrating to make sure not getting jammed up but ehh par for the course as a responsible chl holder and carrying

Why aren't business required to post their policies? 8x 11 sign right on the door or to the side with a capital "O" for open carry allowed. Or a capital "C" allowing concealed carry. Or capitals "GF" for guns forbidden. Essentially stating their status and allowing carrying folk the options to shop where they like and with stores that align with their values. Or say no thanks to patronizing anti-gun wackadoo businesses.

Simple line in the sand and see what businesses get robbed vs businesses that don't!!!

Been considering taking it upon myself in Clackamas county to write a CHL friendly list maybe a app or website with search feature but yes a lot of work.

Maybe losing money from people not wanting to shop at anti-gun establishments might make them rethink their policies especially if they have a lot of theft or robberies.

But yeah any thoughts
I can see by your post that you're angry, so yeah…..

;) :D

Last Edited:
Why aren't business required to post their policies?
Because that would be gun control. In New York City thats actually the law, if you want to carry in a store the store is required to post a sign saying its ok.
The last thing we want is a requirement to post where we can exercise a constitutional right. No buisness in their right mind is going to turn away customers based on posting a political position.

Why aren't business required to post their policies? 8x 11 sign right on the door or to the side with a capital "O" for open carry allowed. Or a capital "C" allowing concealed carry. Or capitals "GF" for guns forbidden. Essentially stating their status and allowing carrying folk the options to shop where they like and with stores that align with their values. Or say no thanks to patronizing anti-gun wackadoo businesses.

Simple line in the sand and see what businesses get robbed vs businesses that don't!!!

Been considering taking it upon myself in Clackamas county to write a CHL friendly list maybe a app or website with search feature but yes a lot of work.

Maybe losing money from people not wanting to shop at anti-gun establishments might make them rethink their policies especially if they have a lot of theft or robberies.

But yeah any thoughts
You lost me at "required" - the government doesn't need to have any more involvement in what people do. They need to have less.

I presume that I can carry in any business I go in to, unless otherwise stated. I don't see too many signs around here that say I can't, but I'm not really looking for them.
To require a business to state their opinion on the matter seems like just another onerous rule to follow.
I notice a lot of no gun signs on businesses also show a berreta, and since I don't carry a berreta, the signs mean very little to me anyway.

EC5132CF-7EF6-4AE4-AC5B-990B44CA1D08.jpeg

Well guess that was the wrong question to ask opinions on - thanks for the info.

Wont be posting anytime soon
Something to consider here...

You have an idea .
You post it on a forum....
You get replies back.

This is exactly what a forum is about....
The exchange of ideas.

If we all agreed on everything firearm related , it would make for a boring ( and useless ) forum. :)

If you were to pose your same idea to your friends in "real life"...
And....
You got the same response as on here , would you then quit talking to them or being friends with them ?
Again...just something to consider.
Andy

Whenever someone asks questions, they should be ready to listen to answers. Even if they disagree with them.
Eh you know gun forums are all a little different. Some are pretty inflammatory Some are very conservative, some are just short of proud boy meeting groups. What flies in one doesn't fly in another and you have to try a few to find your niche group. What he's suggesting would get him slaughtered on some groups but hoisted high in the AK Files. You've got to go to a few bars before you find the ones that suits you.

Why aren't business required to post their policies? 8x 11 sign right on the door or to the side with a capital "O" for open carry allowed. Or a capital "C" allowing concealed carry. Or capitals "GF" for gun forbidden.
I don't think it was a bad question to ask, but sometimes people forget that people newer to the firearm world may not be familiar with things that may be "common knowledge" to them.

IMO, I think it just boils down to most people just not giving it much thought since it doesn't really matter what a business might post or not. I can understand though if someone plans to not do business with anyone that has a "no firearms allowed" policy, but if they do, it's bound to be posted and readily visble on entry.

If you are the type that wants to comply with a private companies "no firearms allowed' rules, you are more than welcome to secure your firearm before entry, but you are not legally obligated to do so.

Even if a private business has a "no firearms" policy, that doesn't make it illegal to enter that business/mall/etc with a concealed weapon. It's simply a private policy with no legal backing. The most they can do is ask you to leave, and then you must. If you don't then they "can" have you arrested for trespassing. The same as if they don't want you in their place of business for any reason whatsoever.

"Concealed carry" means "concealed" though. If they don't know you have a firearm and you are never asked to leave, you're not breaking any laws and are free to go about your business.

Since there is no legal issue, it's really not important if, or what, or what they don't post. Making it a requirement that they must post "something" serves no purpose but to confuse and overcomplicate things.

Require? I am required to do more than necessary now. You want me to now put a sign up with my beliefs? As a small business owner, I think you should keep your option to yourself! If we loose half of our business to appease someone like you then we will be out of business. Your idea is both pathetic and simple minded. And no you can't open carry in my business at risk of offending my other customers. There is more to this world than trying to please you. I own my company to insure my family and employees are taken care of. I could care less if you took your business somewhere else. Now I would like to see what you do buy. How much do you give companies that don't support your thoughts, let alone our country? Made in China scopes? Foreign made guns?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top