JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
hobama 'experts'
CV0vbpyUAAI8IQk.jpg

Well I agree the media just automatically says it's an AR before they even know what it is but the planned parent shooter used an AK and most mass shooters through 2013 did not even use rifles. The terrorist attack did use 2 ARs as they are easier to get in California over AKs because of the bullet button set up and current laws.

WEAPONS USED IN MASS SHOOTINGS

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/rpt/2013-R-0057.htm

Well, the San Bernardino murderers didn't get theirs legally. They had their pal make the straw purchase so their own names would not wind up on the paperwork.

So FWIW there is an exception, and a recent one, too.
Nope.

They bought their handguns themselves so they were already in the database in CA. the rifles were bought at different times and were interfamily transfers whi were against the letter of the law I grant you but probably occurred innocently before he was radicalized and before he was radicalized.

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a lot more media coverage of mass shootings involving the civilian AR-15 and its knock offs? We see the Sandy hook shootings were supposed to have been carried out with an AR! The most recent shooting in San Berdino........AR! The Kid in Portland at the high school.......AR! And many, many others that the media is all to quick to cover on our behalf! Why this "trend"

It is only a trend if you don't pay attention to reality.

The Umpqua Community College shooting was committed with two handguns. No long gun was used. The Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood shooting that happened two weeks ago was committed with an AK-47.

Both the Reynolds High School shooting in Troutdale in 2014 that you referred to, as well as the Clackamas Town Center mall shooting 3 years ago, were both done with stolen AR-15 rifles that were burglarized from their lawful owners the very day of the shootings. Neither of those shooters owned a gun. That is a key factor why they killed so very few people ( one at Reynolds High and two at Clackamas Town Mall ). Neither shooter was familiar with the rifle.

That attack on the Dallas Police Headquarters 6 months ago that got so much publicity was at first widely attributed in the press to have been done with an Assault Rifle. But it turned out that the attacker primarily used a pump action shotgun firing Buckshot, and he also had a Ruger 10-22.

After the shooting, the press really never made much of a point to note that the earlier reports of an Assault Rifle being used to spray bullets into the headquarters was not true. Probably much of the American public still thinks that is what happened. Certainly you must remember all of the photos the media published when that shooting happened, showing how the headquarters and police vehicles were "sprayed" with "bullets" from an "Assault Rifle". They holes were all actually patterns of 00 Buck fired from some distance.

buckshot.JPG buckshot2.jpg

Nope.

They bought their handguns themselves so they were already in the database in CA. the rifles were bought at different times and were interfamily transfers whi were against the letter of the law I grant you but probably occurred innocently before he was radicalized and before he was radicalized.

Nothing at all innocent or legal about the transfers of those two rifles. California's exception for transferring firearms between family members is extremely limited. It only allows transfers between parent and child, and grandparent and child. Not at all legal to do with any other relatives. The applicable California Penal Code for this is <broken link removed> , if you would like to look it up.

And all evidence now being gathered it that both of the killers had been "radicalized" for a very long time. The friend and distant relative who bought the rifles has told the FBI that he and Farook had planned a terror attack way back in 2012, but had called it off.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/califor...efore-they-started-dating-fbi-says-1449680547

There is zero evidence supporting any thesis that these two were ever innocent gun owners, who suddenly somehow were magically transformed into terrorists. Are you not familiar with the teachings and beliefs of Sunni Islam Wahhabism? Is is a super strict revivalist vision of Islam, based on the beliefs that were preached by Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab in the late 1700's It is totally antagonistic and hostile to non-Muslims.

Here is some good background reading on the subject:

<broken link removed>

Public TV's Frontline News Magazine also did an excellent report called THE SAUDI TIME BOMB, back in 2001, documenting how it was Saudi Arabia that literally spent Billions to spread Wahhabism to Pakistan, which is where the two San Bernardino killers are originally from. 14 years ago, they predicted that the global spread of Wahhabism would eventually lead to an explosion of islamic terrorism around the world.

The cancer of Wahhabism has been spreading inside Sunni Islam for many decades. And it has all been funded by American dollars, since we are the primary importerer of Saudi crude oil.

They bought the pistols legally and could have bought the rifles legally if they wanted to. It was just convenience that they got them from a family member and they probably got a good price.

What are you talking about? The man who bought the rifles, Enrique Marquez, is an extremely distant relation, and is not at all related by blood. He is not even married to any of Farook's blood relatives. He is married to the sister of Farook's sister-in-law. No name even exists for that sort of extremely distant relation.

Did you not read that news story from the Wall Street Journal I cited about how Marquez has admitted to the FBI that he was planning to commit a terrorist attack back in 2012 with Farook? These people are zealous religious fanatics, who who put ZERO value on the lives of non-Muslims. Any of them would gladly kill you, unless you are a Muslim.

They are scumbags who planned to kill many years ago, and they clearly broke California's gun control laws by illegally transferring these rifles. Did you not look up the law that I referenced?

And what on earth does the price that they paid for the rifles have to do with anything at all?????? Are you implying that people should break the law and buy guns illegally, if they can get a good price for them???

My wife has suggested that there's actually more of it because when (I just backspaced a whole different topic and will leave it at) "bad people" decide they want to go on a killing spree, the first thing they think to use is an AR because it's been so demonized and we hear nothing from national leaders (correction: people in national leadership positions) and the media other than AR's are bigger and badder and more dangerous.
If you want to be big bad and dangerous, it makes sense.
That said, I'm completely against restricting them more because they are also one of the more effective tools for defending oneself.

While the write is correct when stating that a rock can be classified as as an "assault weapon", the term "assualt weapon" is a ficticious term that has been perpetuated. As ron indicated in a previous post the AR-15 is NOT an "assualt rifle". Examining the TRUE definition, such and item "Assault rifles are also characterized by their selective fire capabilities and detachable magazines". Last time I checked the AR-Style platforms used in these horrific attacks were NOT "assault rifles". The media hypes it up (ALL OF THE OUTLETS) and perpetuates incorrect information. As I attempt to do each day in our gun shop by EDUCATING customers that may need it and use PROPER use of terms should be what Americans focus on. But therein lies the problem. Im a stickler for facts and correct information. I.e "clips vs magazines", if you do not KNOW the difference then educate yourself and TEACH others so they have the ability to perpetuate proper information. Rant complete.

I'll guess there are several reasons:
1) Its the most popular firearm sold today
2) The fact it is easy to handle and has a reputation
2) That's what the media tells us, even when its not factual.

PS - What do you expect from so-called professional journalists who don't understand (or care) that assault is a VERB, NOT a pronoun?

There's more coverage of AR-15s because they don't want us to have them. Simple as that, and that's just the start. Next its "this bolt action rifle is deadly and is capable of firing 900 rounds a second." They'll end up believing it too. As it is they already probably think guns are some ultimate evil entity with telepathic powers that it uses to tell the people to commit murder.

How many murders are done by rifles in general? Less than 500 according to the facts. Which means not a whole lot of ARs are used in murders compared to everything else. Of course, facts are offensive. So facts are not allowed. Nope, instead the only thing allowed is "all guns are evil and all guns are AR-15 with 30 round magazine clip." Hell, I actually had a classmate that believed the shooting in SC was done with an AR and not a Glock. :s0054:

You can tell the facts all you want, to them facts are offensive. :s0002:

You know, There are probably more AR15 rifles in the US than any other single definable centerfire variant. Something like 5 million of them.

All things considered, just by the numbers it would be likely they would turn up more often.

Exactly! Remember the crank reporter that came up with an AR-15 assault shotgun? These idiots do not know or even bother to research what type of fire arm was used! They are all controlled by corporate leftest anti gunners! We do not ever get honest and accurate reporting in our news no matter the news outlet! They all think guns kill people all by them selves with no human involvement and the insane wack jobs that have them got them illegally! Might be time to set the record strait with the news media! Any one wanna take a stab at that?:p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top