JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is it just me, or does there seem to be a lot more media coverage of mass shootings involving the civilian AR-15 and its knock offs? We see the Sandy hook shootings were supposed to have been carried out with an AR! The most recent shooting in San Berdino........AR! The Kid in Portland at the high school.......AR! And many, many others that the media is all to quick to cover on our behalf! Why this "trend"

I can see two possible answers to this............. First,Lets just call this what it is, FALSE FLAG! There have been mass shootings for almost a hundred years in the U.S. But we now have a very specific need/goal for demonizing the AR and its like! GUN CONTROL! And it all stared with the advent of the self loading rifles and pistols! Why did the government enact the first firearms ban? To keep us from getting our grubby hands on Mil spec weapons! They have chosen the most popular and prolific "assault rifle" in 'Merica and have made it the modern iteration of the old Tommy Gun we all fear! Why? What does the semi auto only AR do that cannot be done by any other weapon? Can any one honestly and with intelligence explain exactly what makes a rifle an "assault Weapon" No, they cannot, because it doesn't exist! A rock in my hand is an assault weapon if I hit you in the head with it! An old Ford truck is an Assault weapon if I run you over with it! Assault as an act committed by someone, not a type of device or object! Ever heard of an "Assault Base Ball Bat" probably not, but I can commit an assault with one!

Has any one been thinking this? Why in the heck would any self respecting mass shooter care enough to procure (usually illegally) a high cost AR-15 semi auto only rifle? Why not go whole hawg and get a full auto of some kind? Why would you choose any thing less then one of the full autos that are so easy to get on the black market? Makes one wonder doesn't it? Think about this; A mass shooter(s) wishing to cause as much hurt and death as possible right........why not a full auto? why choose an AR? I can name many other rifles that meet the most demanding needs of the mass shooter and the AR is not on that list. Why not one of the AK variants like we saw used in the California bank robbery that we all saw live and in color?

The second thing; I think what we might see here is the re Arming or up arming of 'Merica!!! Think about this; the biggest Sales of fire arms and ammo ever on record happen after one of these so called mass shootings! Think Fear! Also, what does the U.S. military issue our troops? The AR (M-16) type rifle! You see, the Second adm. states all persons shall be equipped with arms and munitions obtained by individuals ether on their own or issued by state armories for the defense of the nation in times of war and unrest! Putting the AR in the spot light sure makes a statement to the people, and the media drive the message home! We should all be obtaining our own AR rifles for the defense of this nation in times of war and strife!

Is it just me thinking all this? The ammo manufactures have no problems keeping up with the very high demand! The gun manufactures have no problems producing arms faster then you and I can purchase them! The government knows this, yet they don't try and stop it at it's source? Simple answer, they do not have the man power to take our guns, and they only have records of who owns what going back to the late 80's when back ground checks first started. A national mandatory collection would be pointless, they have no idea how many arms exist here! Think about how many .22 rifles exist! The Jap's had a very real fear of launching an invasion of the united states because they knew that "behind every blade of grass was an american with a rifle" Makes you wonder what our Government thinks about the millions of firearms behind every blade of grass! The Government fears you and I because they know that We The People have the right and the ability to stand up to them, and all we lack is the motivation to act on this very real and immediate threat to our rights and freedoms that were bought and payed for in american blood!!! Please share your thoughts!

WE REAP WHAT WE SOW, AND THE TIME OF THE HARVEST HAS COME! WILL YOU EAT OF THE HARVEST? OR WILL YOU FEEL THE PAIN OF HUNGER?

Agenda driven buddy....

Control the media you control what the sheep see (and I'm not talking about the sheep Jesus shepherds).

Yep, the media has identified the AR as THE symbol of their anti-gun hatred and fear. It is the embodiment of pure evil. It alone is the reason western civilization is on the verge of collapse. Not to mention the fact that AR's are roaming the streets of everytown USA, unleashing millions of bullets via 1,000 round automatic bullet clips on an unsuspecting peace loving public.

The AR is the #1 sporting rifle in America, and for good reason. Easy to use, accurate, and the broadest aftermarket support of any other platform. Not to mention you can make one in your garage with a few readily available tools. There are many others but it seems rather straight forward if you ask me.

The media like the word "assault"... it has unfortunately become a term that fits their agenda...It could be worse, they could have fell in love with semi-auto to cover both pistols and rifles and we'd be hearing calls for all semi-autos to be banned.

And here's my oldy but goody guide for the media...
upload_2015-12-9_16-58-52.png

Heck if they really wanted to save lives....a salt shaker ban is what they should be pushing...
Ooooops, Bloomberg already is trying that too!

Fits a gun grabbing agenda. Seriously have to wonder if the incidents arent 'helped' by a larger group. For a long time it seemed like every ar toting killer had a bushmaster xm-15. Wouldnt be surprused if SB shooters were using bushmasters.

The other - they ARE the modern musket, probably the most ubiquitous gun in America now. Most gun shops seem have more ars on the rack than any other gun. You can build one for $500.

But it is real hard not to put on the tinfoil and wonder if our government (cia, atf, whoever) overlords are not pulling the strings of the shooters somehow. We know they are capable of it. The FBI talked a kid into building a bomb and trying to blow up Portlands christmas tree lighting remember?

An AR-15 isn't a high cost rifle. Never has been! What rifle is everyone buying and building...the AR-15. Average cost is $650..These days dealer cost on the DPMS oracles is down to $465! Cheapest ever...Why, because everyone is buying them!!
Its the small block Chevy of the gun world!

Full auto on the black market is very expensive! Or so I have been told!

One of the North Hollywood shooters used a HK91 until it jammed, then he switched to his AK variant.

Cheap to buy, accessories everywhere, ease of use, 14 quadzillion Youtube videos on the particulars of it, and if the terrorists lived Iraq or Afghanistan before attacking us; chances are they are aware of it's capabilities.

Oh, and don't forget every fooding libturd media outlet talking about what a "powerful assault weapon" it is and how everyone shot by it was hit with a "high powered AR-15 machine gun" on every channel every opportunity that they get.

For every time an actual AR15 is used, there are probably 5-6 stories about where an AR15 MIGHT have been spotted or rumored to have been used... but ends up being something completely different. But the media damage is done and the public gets the false perception that 'assault weapons' are bad. Hence, the OP's observation.

Along those same lines, I read a lot of gun-control articles from the left. It hurts, but I like a challenge. Sometimes I actually find good data to use against the gun-control groups :).

For example: MotherJones. A magazine favorite of the progressive left. MJ has a 'database' that they have used to track some of the details on mass shootings. What firearm used being one of them. Well, a little spreadsheet magic using their OWN numbers shows that 'assault weapons' are used in only 15% of the incidents. Not 50%, not 100%, not 250%. Fifteen percent.

Listening to the media and gun-control advocates they make it sound like every single mass shooting used an assault weapon. Well, it isn't. FYI, by weapon type its ~50% handguns, ~25% shotguns, ~25% rifles.

So next time you hear a progressive argue that the AR15 is used all the time, that its the weapon of choice, throw that at them. Let them sort out how one of their must trusted sources of the progressive movement could generate something so counter to their own beliefs on gun-control.

Why in the heck would any self respecting mass shooter care enough to procure (usually illegally) a high cost AR-15 semi auto only rifle?

Mass shooters, without exception, get their guns legally. ARs are the most popular type of rifle being sold and we see them on TV day in and day out. Of course people are going to use them.

As a side note, I think that there have been 2 registered legal machine guns used in crime since the 1934 NFA. However how many people do you see in a week of TV killing one another with machine guns? Hundreds? Weekly? Of course the pathetic retromingent idiots on the left see guns as a threat, guns are all over their fantasy worlds killing thousands weekly.

The media is obsessed with AR-15's and it's part of their agenda. Last week I was watching the CBS evening news when the latest blow dried talking head demonize the AR-15 in a special segment. He blatantly lied in at least one part where he said the coward who massacred the students at UCC used an AR-15 to kill them when it was a pistol instead.

With the left it's all about the ends. The means don't matter. If you need to lie to the people in order to get them to agree to take one more step to slavery to the State, then it's not only overlooked it's lauded.

Here is my friends account of the AR 15, it is accurate to a tee & the truth. Thanks Paul, you got it right!!!

-------------------------------------------------

The AR, the perfect Safety Rifle

• All rifles used by sportsmen are derived from military rifles going all the way back to flintlocks. Each succeeding generation of rifles have brought improvements to safety and accuracy. The AR design is simpley the latest in this evolution of safety and accuracy.
  • The pistol grip makes them easier to control, thus making them safer. The stock of a traditional mouser style rifle is comparatively much harder to hold and control.
  • The safety is ergonomic and may be checked without looking away from the sights or otherwise potentially losing visual confirmation of where the rifle is pointed.
  • The ergonomics of the remaining controls and especially the trigger position presents fewer distractions to the sportsman thus preventing accidents.
  • The so called "barrel shroud" protects the sportsman from accidental burns.
  • The low powered 22 caliber cartridge has a very light recoil and is easier for the average sportsman to control.
  • The design of the AR "safety" rifle absorbs much of the recoil and directs that recoil straight to the sportsman's shoulder. This recoil reduction also makes the rifle less fatiguing and easier to control, improving safety.
  • The design of the AR rifle is very accurate - so accurate that it has been successfully used in long range competitions. Accurate rifles are safer than inaccurate rifles for obvious reasons.
  • The compensator at the end of the barrel reduces barrel jump that may distract the sportsman. In fact, the sportsman can usually keep the accurate sight picture after the shot ensuring that the rifle does not accidentally point away from the target area reducing the opportunity for accidents.

-------------------------------------------------------------[/QUOTE]

• All rifles used by sportsmen are derived from military rifles going all the way back to flintlocks.
Good article - although I thought the early flintlocks were "squirrel rifles" decades before Revolutionary War:

The long rifle, also known as longrifle, Kentucky rifle, or Pennsylvania rifle, was one of the first commonly used rifles for hunting and warfare.

The longrifle is an early example of a firearm using rifling, spiral grooves in the bore. This gave the projectile, commonly a round lead ball, a spiraling motion, increasing the stability of the trajectory. A more stable trajectory meant dramatically improved accuracy over the more commonly available smooth bore muskets also used in the period.
Rifled firearms saw their first major combat use in the American colonies during the Seven Years war [1755], and later the American Revolution in the eighteenth century.
The longrifle was developed on the American frontier in south eastern Pennsylvania, in the early 1700s. Strong pockets of longrifle use and manufacture continued in the Appalachian Mountains of Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio and North Carolina well into the 20th century as a practical and efficient firearm for those rural segments of the nation. Longrifles could be made entirely by hand and hand-operated tooling, in a frontier setting.
In Pennsylvania, the earliest gunsmiths that can be documented are Robert Baker and Martin Meylin.[4] Robert Baker formed a partnership with his son, Caleb and on August 15, 1719 erected a gun boring mill on Pequea Creek. In the tax records of Berks County, Pennsylvania, there were several gunsmiths plying their trade along the banks of the Wyomissing Creek.[3][5]
Martin Meylin's Gunshop was built in 1719, and it is here that the Mennonite gunsmith of Swiss-German heritage crafted some of the earliest, and possibly the first, Pennsylvania Rifles.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_rifle

>>>
Thought this was good:

BvlUD9BIUAEIC_f.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show