JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Trust me in saying, I am 100% Pro Gun.

The "gist" of my post is NOT

"We need more sensible i.e., reasonable gun laws.
That familiar tune folks like biden, kamala, booker etal are clamoring for..."

Totally the opposite. IE: There are already SO MANY laws on the books, be it Federal, or State that do nothing to resolve anything. Yet, we continue to play the same stupid game of poker with lousy strategy. Rinse/Repeat. Common sense ways of dealing with issues at hand have not, and are not being addressed as need be. Yet we (our politicians) keep adding more and more that do nothing, and "we" the law abiding, good, hard working, goal oriented citizens keep getting crapped on over, and over, and over, picking at us all like vultures, seeing (treating us as a whole) as the bad. I'm sorry if my form of thinking is too much to comprehend. *shrug*

Last Edited:
Common sense ways of dealing with issues. Hmm, lets see.
You're driving nails through a board, in effort to build something. You miss the nail and hit your thumb. Common sense to me, find another job. Or perhaps get an air nailer?

Some keep swinging that hammer. Like our politicians.

Seriously, How many more gun laws to we need? Murder is illegal. Does the law stop it from occurring? How hard is it to get a legal gun in Chiraq (Slang: Chicago+iraq)? You have a better chance of winning mega-millions. Yet 10-20 shootings by gang bangers every weekend, I felt safer in downtown Baghdad than on my business trip to Chicago.

All I know is I'm gonna buy me a grand theft auto n git jiggy wid it afore the ban, man.

nr

If Ivanka can get "daddy please" to sway him then hopefully Baron can "daddy please" and save the vidya game industry.
Should that happen I will be putting Baron on my vote selection.

I dunno personally.

But i do know a buncha man children who just want to be left alone in their moms basement are globally REEEEE'ing right now over it.

I gather values of game stock plummeted after Trump's recent musings.

If the 80s and 90s are any lesson, I would suspect that threats of censorship or labeling would be welcomed by the game companies as so often, such attempts at suppression increase sales. In a similar vein, we often see gun sales go up in the face of ban threats. If the government came seriously close to banning broccoli, even Bush Sr. would have started hoarding it.

If the 80s and 90s are any lesson, I would suspect that threats of censorship or labeling would be welcomed by the game companies as so often, such attempts at suppression increase sales. In a similar vein, we often see gun sales go up in the face of ban threats. If the government came seriously close to banning broccoli, even Bush Sr. would have started hoarding it.
Yea well, I'd prefer game boi games tossed under a bus before my guns.

If you are in a snow fort, throwing snowballs at the other guys and your neighbor keeps hitting you in the back of the head....after a while you realise HE IS NOT ON YOUR SIDE!

Liberals have been saying that they want to stop gun violence since the 60s, but everything they do causes law abiding gun owners to be disarmed. After a while it becomes obvious that their true goal is what their laws accomplish, civilian disarmament, not stopping gun violence.

If you are in a snow fort, throwing snowballs at the other guys and your neighbor keeps hitting you in the back of the head....after a while you realise HE IS NOT ON YOUR SIDE!

Liberals have been saying that they want to stop gun violence since the 60s, but everything they do causes law abiding gun owners to be disarmed. After a while it becomes obvious that their true goal is what their laws accomplish, civilian disarmament, not stopping gun violence.

You are 100% correct. They (the leftists) care nothing for Chicago and Baltimore. Like WA's I-1639, it is about making us jump through ever decreasing in diameter hoops, that we see it as hopeless, and day F-it. When will we say enough is enough?

You are 100% correct. They (the leftists) care nothing for Chicago and Baltimore. Like WA's I-1639, it is about making us jump through ever decreasing in diameter hoops, that we see it as hopeless, and day F-it. When will we say enough is enough?
Interesting topic, I recently happened across a you tube video called Civil War 2, who would win or something like that. As the creator of that video was hopeful it'd never come to that, it was however an interesting watch.

"Middle ground"....."Common sense" I hear them lambasting gun owners for not compromising as if compromises haven't been made regularly over the last half a century. The problem is the anti-gun zealots push way too hard and we have to start digging our heels in. I wouldn't expect one of them to know why because none of them actually own guns, train with them or realize their true purpose so I guess to them, an unloaded, trigger locked pistol inside a safe inside of another safe is as useful as we really need.

RE CW2.

As it was written in the book of Daniel,

"Our God is strong enough to deliver us out of your hand. And even if He doesnt, we're still not going to bow down to your idol."

CW2 will be like a grenade fight in an elevator. The only reason for engaging is when the result of Not Fighting is Worse than risking 3/4 of our children dead.

As the defenders of the Warsaw Ghetto learned, no matter how much you try to avoid conflict, sometimes the other side will take away all the other choices.

The guns are asking, what did I do wrong?

Kamala "The Punisher" Harris says, "I am the law". She give zero cares about the Bill of Rights because it never stopped her before. Why let it stop her now? She and all the others never let the fact that every infringement allowed so far has not stopped these events. So the idea of going harder in their minds will some how have a better result?

Also, it's real racism how the mainstream media and democrats misuse facts. On one hand they don't use street level crimes in mass shootings statistics but now they do just to bolster the numbers. Up until now, black and brown lives didn't even count in mass shootings like in Chicago and Baltimore. I believe if they used those numbers in the past they could not make the claim, white men are the number one risk of mass shootings. For me it is a vile abuse of power and misinformation.

The number one reason (there are more) for these shootings are a failure of government to act on information they already have. But due to either political correctness or a desire for political advancement (looking for a bigger fish) they don't act. On several terrorist events it was reported, yes, this person was on the radar or being watched. And on mass shootings, there is usually multiple reports before hand. Several events in California come to mind as well as the Florida school shooting. Zero need for those to have happened. Meaning there are dead people that have no need to be dead. Government points the finger at guns to get the finger off of themselves.

Like red flag laws...
"racist threats" or "anti-immigrant manifestos" can easily be made from comments taken out of context...the flying of certain flags...the wording of tee-shirts / bumper stickers...even the belonging to certain groups , clubs , organizations , forums , etc...
The way many of these laws worded ...can easily be twisted to fit someone's agenda and...not "help" as intended...if that is indeed their true purpose.

It pays to be careful in what you say and do ....

More importantly... Being a bigot ....shouldn't mean that one has to give up one's guns...as long as the bigot in question is not harming himself or others with his actions...then they should have full benefit of all of the Bill of Rights , just like any other US citizen.
Andy

It's not just the "opposing side" that won't listen to reason, it's also the fanatical hard core NRA and Second Amendment contingent that won't listen to reason. If the NRA hadn't taken the cold stiff fingers stance and those that feel that the Second Amendment gives them the right to buy, sell, use and miss-use what ever weapon they want without checks or consequences then we wouldn't be in the corner that we are in right now. I blame the two extreme members of these groups (as well as the gun manufacturers that pumped out millions of AR type guns as fast as they could) for turning many of the fence sitters against guns and causing them to join those that are fanatical about taking them away.

There are a lot of us that agree with what the more level headed groups are saying on both sides, but if we speak up we are just shouted down... even on this forum. There is a lot of room for the middle ground, but unfortunately, I feel it's too late and that the cold stiff fingers group is going to see it happen, as will the rest of us that enjoy guns.

Mike

I'm sincerely curious; just where is your middle ground, your reasonable restrictions?

It's different for everyone. For some at one end of the spectrum it's no restrictions at all, for some on the other the Australian model is too lax. Personally I have some opinions about rather minor things that would get some of the more hard-core folks here upset at me, but it sounds to me (correct me if I'm wrong) like your "comfortable, reasonable middle ground" includes things like registration and semi-auto bans. If so, you're probably on the wrong forum to expect a lot of agreement with that.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top