JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently purchased a Vortex red dot for my carbine AR, and there are small picatinny rails at the 10 and 2 o'clock positions respectively on top of the scope. I feel silly for asking because I can't seem to find any info on the web as to why they're there.

So why the hell are there rails on my red dot??

Because you just can't have to many sites on an ar15. you know the scope followed by back up irons then a red dot mounted on the rail of your scope then the lazer mounted on your hand guard rail. you know just in case one fails you will always be on target.

o_O

Tacticool

Last Edited:
I recently purchased a Vortex red dot for my carbine AR, and there are small picatinny rails at the 10 and 2 o'clock positions respectively on top of the scope. I feel silly for asking because I can't seem to find any info on the web as to why they're there.

One mount your smart phone targeting system . Another for you go pro so when you get home you can relive your shooting experience by posting it on you tube.

So you can mount a green dot on top and have options. Or flashlight or laser or plum bubbles.

One more piece of cool guy Krap to add that makes your light weight, slick little carbine into a tacticool snagging every thing on the planet, Tool!!! The first thing we did when they "issued" new stuff, was to remove said stuff and pocket it and "forget it" back in barracks:eek: We had the Co witness fiasco back in the 90's and I think this stuff was a fix to make something good or useful from the bad things that led to that in the first place. Still got stuck with target designation and illuminators none the less:mad:

A big mistake is to gunk up your AR. I have used a light above my scope on my air rifle for taking out pests at night. But doesn't happen often. Like my ARs simple and purpose built.

Those rails are there so you can add as many additional sights and scopes as you want, each can then be zero'd in to a different distance so you don't need to remember how to correct...
...all the really knowlegable "operators" do it.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Those rails are there so you can add as many additional sights and scopes as you want, each can then be zero'd in to a different distance so you don't need to remember how to correct...
...all the really knowlegable "operators" do it.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

And again, this model's reticle already HAS markers for 200, 300, 400, and 500 yds.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top