JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Supposedly, in the eyes of the government, they are easier to conceal and that makes them more dangerous. BS.

Last Edited:
NFA items were found to not be protected by the 2A in United States v. Miller 307 U.S. 174 (1939)

Miller was an unusual case. I know it gets cited a lot, but I do not really think it to be a very sturdy pillar in support on the NFA.

When Miller was argued before the Supreme Court, the only people to show up were attorneys for the Federal government. Neither Miller or attorneys representing him appeared in court to argue the case. Miller didn't have the funds to travel to D.C or hire an attorney to do so.

As a result, only the Feds testimony was heard by the Court and without an opposing argument against that testimony, the Court really didn't have much of a choice but to rule in favor of the government.

In the opinion, Justice McReynolds wrote...

"In the absence of any evidence tending to show that possession or use of a "shotgun having a barrel of less than eighteen inches in length" at this time has some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, we cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument."

-E-

Last Edited:
Removing braces makes them even shorter...but, ok.
I think the true reason for outlawing braces is because a brace or stock makes the pistol into a more effective fighting gun. The 'conceal-ability' of the weapon is just a convenient argument.

The morons who want to disarm the law-abiding citizenry truly don't know what they're doing. In my opinion.

Last Edited:
I don't know why they are actually banned.
However....
Even though I really don't care for them*...there is no real reason that I can think of , for them to be banned.
Andy

* I have used some SBR's...while in the Army....based on my experiences with them...
I have found them to be loud and very "Flashy" , so to speak.... :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads