JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Because people buy them at that price.
If they stopped buying them maybe they would lower the price.
Or stop making pistol caliber rifles.
What I want is a rifle caliber pistol.
Something like a 30.06 Derringer.
And wrist braces.

Not yet. If gun owners go along and the semi's are done away with watch what happens with the levers. Right now there is still tons of auto's being made. If the anti get enough gun owners to do nothing and the semi's stop? Then there would be an explosion of levers. They are pretty much the best choice if you can't have an auto. while they are of course a little more complex the modern manufacturing we have now would very quickly have them cranking out at amazing speed, if, there was a demand. Cut off the autos and the demand will suddenly be there. Suspect pumps would too. That design would probably be a close runner for which would take the place of the semi.
This.

Anyone who thinks OMG THE AR SHOOTS A GAZILLION ROUNDS PER SECOND! hasn't been to a cowboy action event. I'd bet that a psycho could do a lot more damage/death with a pair of .45-70 or .30-30 lever guns than an AR in .223. In some alternate universe, Kamala Harris is president, semi-autos are banned, school shootings haven't diminished and have only gotten worse. Hot damn I'm glad that's not our universe.

Because people buy them at that price.
If they stopped buying them maybe they would lower the price.
Or stop making pistol caliber rifles.
What I want is a rifle caliber pistol.
Something like a 30.06 Derringer.
And wrist braces.

Well they do have those Heizer Defense pistols in .223 and 7.62x39... guess that's about halfway to what you're asking for.

Could be. Of course I exchanged all my AR-15s for Ar-10s as they are five ARs safer. Back in the day when the lever action was my only gun, I was good with it and could lay down a fair amount of highly accurate firepower. Now I just lay down

This.

Anyone who thinks OMG THE AR SHOOTS A GAZILLION ROUNDS PER SECOND! hasn't been to a cowboy action event. I'd bet that a psycho could do a lot more damage/death with a pair of .45-70 or .30-30 lever guns than an AR in .223. In some alternate universe, Kamala Harris is president, semi-autos are banned, school shootings haven't diminished and have only gotten worse. Hot damn I'm glad that's not our universe.

Yep, it's takes more practice of course but some of those guys are amazing to watch with levers. when kid a lot of us had pump .22's and got quite good with them shooting quick. If I am still above when they take the auto's a few levers would be first choice. Pump actions would also be great with a tube feed. The best kind are the ones you can add ammo to while still able to use. Either a side or under load gate. If the autos could no more be made the price on these would soon drop and new designs would start to come out very fast. The it's supply and demand guys are missing it most of the time. Its actually supply and lack of demand that does it. Just not enough who want one, yet. Just look at what happened to the AR market. For a while when demand outstripped what they could made the price shot up but, look at them for years now. You can buy nice AR's now for less than I paid many decades ago for them, and that was in dollars from the 70's. If they take or I should say when they take, our autos the levers will shoot up for a short time but, places that make them will ramp up and soon come up with other options too. Of course first time some kook uses one in a crime here will come the "we need common sense gun control" crowd to want to do away with them too :s0054:

I find this curiously interesting. I do not fully comprehend why CAS is a thing here, though to each their own in the pursuit of joy and recreation. Question: With CAS in the United Kingdom, do they emulate 19th century American or British society in that time, or both, in forms of style of shooting, arms, clothing, accouterments, et al.? Thanks. :)

Yes. There were no cowboys in yUK, either at that time or now, so the C of CAS has been closely adhered to in every respect.

Add to that that gallery rifle[centre-fire]/1500[.22cal] has been adapted from the usual pistol-style comps that were immensely popular here on mainland yUK before the handgun ban, but still followed keenly in Northern Ireland. If you are in any way interested, go to Youtube and look at the Phoenix meeting at Bisley of any year, I guarantee that it will surprise you.

Why are pistol caliber lever actions so expensive?

wake up.. our country as a nation is flat broke and our money has only faith for value... things that do needful work have real value... you still can get what you pay for, but the dollar is not the measure of value it was in the past...

"I have no skills, too lazy to train, I need more boolits!" This logic has driven the sales of glocks and all high capacity guns for a looong time.

how else would a hundred dollar glock go for five hundred?

A Glock may not be 550, but it ain't 100. The blue label prices are about right. But anyone who calls the quality of Glocks lowerthan hipoints just doesnt know what it takes to build a pistol that goes bang no matter what, even when folks put a dozen aftermarket parts into them.

A Glock may not be 550, but it ain't 100. The blue label prices are about right. But anyone who calls the quality of Glocks lowerthan hipoints just doesnt know what it takes to build a pistol that goes bang no matter what, even when folks put a dozen aftermarket parts into them.
Hundred bucks is what austria paid for them on the original contract, with magazines. Gaston made money at that price.
yes sir I do know what it takes to build a pistol. I also know that the price includes, marketing, overpaid management pukes, lobbyists, lawyers, and profit margin,

Hundred bucks is what austria paid for them on the original contract, with magazines. Gaston made money at that price.
yes sir I do know what it takes to build a pistol. I also know that the price includes, marketing, overpaid management pukes, lobbyists, lawyers, and profit margin,
Gaston was/ is smart. Curtain rods became Glock barrels. SMH.

"I have no skills, too lazy to train, I need more boolits!" This logic has driven the sales of glocks and all high capacity guns for a looong time.

how else would a hundred dollar glock go for five hundred?
I had to laugh at this, because I believe many of the polymer guns are over priced. If a Shield can be had for $300, what makes almost any other polymer framed gun worth much more?

Prices tend to be market driven.
If it appeals to the general masses, they will gobble it up and a bidnezz man will see an opportunity to make MO' MONEY!
Why do you think the price of riding a ferry boat goes up in the spring and down in the fall?
Ebb and flow of the tourists...half of whom never f'n leave. :mad:

Prices tend to be market driven.
If it appeals to the general masses, they will gobble it up and a bidnezz man will see an opportunity to make MO' MONEY!
Why do you think the price of riding a ferry boat goes up in the spring and down in the fall?
Ebb and flow of the tourists...half of whom never f'n leave. :mad:
Guys, if manufacturing worked like riding the ferry a Glock would cost 2K. Manufacturing is totally based on how many of something they make. The more of any given item they make the cheaper per piece it gets. Ever wonder why 9mm ammo is far cheaper than say 380 ammo?
If the gun owners keep smiling and bending over until they do away with semi autos, then the market for lever action's will take off and price will come way down.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top