JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
...and what drives how many they make?
Like I said, prices are market driven.
Believe me, don't believe me, whatever.
...and that was pretty funny about the WSF and Glock. You got me on that one. :s0140:
<shrug> This is what I have been trying to explain. It is amazing how many just do not want to understand. They can't crank out millions of some design that only thousands of people want. This is why 380 ammo is much more expensive than 9mm ammo. They just can't sell anywhere near the amount of one. If semi auto's are done away with the market for levers and pumps will explode. Right now there is just not enough people who want one. Take away the other options and that will change. Manufacturing is not supply and demand other than blips in the market when there is a sudden rush. Ever seen the price of WMR.22 ammo? Really think it costs two more times as much to make it? If it was like riding the ferry the .22 LR ammo would cost 5 times as much as the WMR22 ammo. Still never have understood why this is hard but I guess it just is.

They can't crank out millions of some design that only thousands of people want.
Probably a good idea the makers of lever action rifles don't crank out millions or they might wind up on the racks in pawnshops like fenceposts at the lumberyard as a lot of ARs & other MSRs have.

I coulda got one, new, back when I was a teen (maybe 13 or 14). My dad had found one for a good price ($65-$70? something like that) and asked me if I wanted it.
Unfortunately, I saw the Marlin's as "lead weight" when compared to the Winchesters, when I was that age....so I politely declined my fathers offer ( :mad: ...:oops:).
At the time, I was fairly enamoured with the Savage 99 in .300 Savage. Alas, never attained one.
Ended up trading off with my dad between his Winchester 94 and my brother's 7mm.

Last Edited:
My late husband, my MT husband and I owned pistol caliber lever action rifles.

My late husband owned very few guns in his life on purpose. (Only in 22lr and 357Magnum calibers.)

We liked them because we could share CF and RF ammunition with our handguns. Plus we enjoyed shooting them. They served their purpose for us.

22lr (Several brands for all of us.)
22wmr (One brand for me.)
357Magnum (Marlin, Winchester and one Henry for us.)
45Long Colt (Winchester)

My MT husband probably owned some other pistol caliber, lever action rifles LONG before I ever knew him too. I am writing about what I know that he owned when we married.

I know that one of them (Henry) that we bought NIB never lost money when we got out of ALL of our 357Magnum/38Special caliber firearms. I had 2 other buyers in line for that rifle and the first one bought it. We sold it on consignment and took the full price for buying something else for my MT husband. It was a sweet shooting, tack driving rifle. We shot mostly reloaded ammunition through it and a bit of left over factory ammunition. My MT husband made 2 loads for it. (I do not reload and I never did reload.)

The Wins (Bought NIB but shot by us.) never lost money when we sold them too. A late friend of ours bought the 45Long Colt rifle and his son owns it now or the last that I heard.

I believe that it is due to supply and demand when it comes to higher prices for the CF pistol caliber, lever action rifles but I could be wrong. I have not checked CF pistol caliber, lever action rifles for their NIB prices in some time.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads