JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i just dont get it im seeing prices for used glocks that are way over what you can buy them for new if a guy shops around you can find them for just under 500 . i understand that most come with some extras like a holster or an extra mag or two but most people like to pick out there own holsters or fit them to there self . i really like glocks alot but i dont think there is a big resale value in them like a 1911

i just dont get it im seeing prices for used glocks that are way over what you can buy them for new if a guy shops around you can find them for just under 500 . i understand that most come with some extras like a holster or an extra mag or two but most people like to pick out there own holsters or fit them to there self . i really like glocks alot but i dont think there is a big resale value in them like a 1911

If you shop around... which means either paying $50 s&h +ffl fees, or possibly spending hundreds of dollars worth of time, gas, and wear/tear on your vehicles. I have yet to find a gun store that is willing to meet me half way to deliver the gun.

Then there is the premium that some people are willing to pay for an non-transferred gun.

Then there is the cost of the extras. You may not find extra value in this, but that's a personal thing. What you may or may not "get" has no bearing on others actions.
Personally, I dont care for 1911's and I couldnt justify spending more than $500 for one regardless of the make, caliber, features, etc.. I dont get how anyone could.
Luckily for the 1911 crowd, this is just my personal opinion and it doesnt effect their sales, purchases, or asking prices what so ever.

If you value something by the amount of use you will get, then it makes perfect sense. Glocks will eat tens of thousands of rounds. Most get sold before they ever have 2000 rounds through them. Plus, Glock's are a whole lot less personalized than a 1911. How many manufacturers, barrel length, frame configs, etc are there in the 1911 world, vs something as simple as a Glock.

I will say from personal experience, I posted a G19 Gen3 that was almost new on here for $450 and it sold in about a half hour, then I had a dozen other offers. Sounds to me like I could have easily made a few extra dollers on it to put towards whatever else I was buying at the time.

Why? cause most people on here wont lie to you to sell their gun... if there's a problem with it they will tell you... gun shops just want your $$ and dont care and plus if i have the cash id rather support a member then a gun shop.. just my opinion tho

It's because when Glock owners buy ammo and shoot it thay can't hit anything so they think that they need to be reimbursed for that ammo.So the more you shoot a Glock the more it's worth.----Just kidding--:s0112:

It's because when Glock owners buy ammo and shoot it thay can't hit anything so they think that they need to be reimbursed for that ammo.So the more you shoot a Glock the more it's worth.----Just kidding--:s0112:

Kind of like why you always see ammo included with 1911's.
Because after the 15th FTF on your first day out, you figure you'll need some sort of enticement to sell that sorry excuse for a boat anchor.

just kidding? :s0131:

Some people don't like the newer Glocks because they assume they aren't as reliable (not a great reason in my opinion). Others can't stand the new handles and will pay a premium for a Gen 1 with no finger grooves. I have seen two Gen 1 17's sell for $600+ in good condition, one with a holster and one without.

There is Glocks out there that have over 300,000 rounds through them, how many other pistols can you say that about, and they always go bang!!!!!

The Glocks hold their value. I had a co-worker sell off his 15 yr old gen 2 G19 and still got around 350 for it. The Glock is a durable pistol which this generation X knows and understand.

If you shop around... which means either paying $50 s&h +ffl fees, or possibly spending hundreds of dollars worth of time, gas, and wear/tear on your vehicles. I have yet to find a gun store that is willing to meet me half way to deliver the gun.

Not so hard to shop around. It took about two minutes to find this. www.galleryofguns.com - Gun Genie - Davidson's most popular and powerful search engine to find and buy guns at galleryofguns.com

These are out the door prices. You get to pick it up on the second business day and you get a lifetime guarantee on every gun. Sometimes you can get a local dealer to match these price specially if they happen to be a Davidsons dealer.

I think the O.P. was only asking why when a gun is around $500 new do you see so many USED for around $500. This is something I'd like to know as well. I'd like to see what all the fuss is about but don't want to pay retail for a used gun. I guess I couldn't go wrong buying a new one, if I find I don't like it that much I could always sell it for close to retail, the Glock faithful don't seem to mind paying that. I love that whenever you bring up something about Glocks like this you always get a boat load of opinions about how great Glocks are and even if they were $1000 they'd still be a bargain. That's great but not what the O.P. was asking.

...I really like glocks alot but i dont think there is a big resale value in them like a 1911

I think you kinda asnwered your own question right there! Alot of other people like Glocks too, so you're competing with a large group to buy one used. Not to mention that they almost always are in perfect condition. They're a great gun that holds up better than any other.

Also, check the state they are for sale in. If its Washington, you're paying around 9% sales tax on top of that $500 retail sticker... so you're getting out of the gun shop for around $550. If someone has a 6 month old glock for sale, in perfect condition no doubt, with 500 rds through it and unregistered to you... its worth the $500 they're asking!

Dude,Zombies are coming and everyone knows Glocks are thee best zombie handgun there is.

Come on

Keep up

Are used Glocks better at killing zombies than new Glocks and therefore, worth paying the NEW price for a used Glock?:huh:

I understand the "extras" deal but I have seen quite a few that are like $500-$550 with NO extras and no trade option. I don't get it.:confused:

I understand the "extras" deal but I have seen quite a few that are like $500-$550 with NO extras and no trade option. I don't get it.:confused:

Just because someone can get a Glock at a low price (especially if the person uses the GSSF discount), that does not mean he did. Walk around the gun show at the Portland Expo. At the show, Keith's seems to have the lowest price for new Glock pistols. Still, they're over $500. I think they're in the $525 range plus background check fee. Other dealers at the show can be higher. It is entirely possible that someone bought the Glock new for $550 plus the background check fee. So if someone paid $560 new and he's selling used at $500, he has knocked $60 off the price of a pistol with minimum usage. The problem is he paid more initially so knocking $60 off doesn't mean as much as it should.

There is also the phenomenon where people know what they paid for something and believe the item retains that value even after going from new to being used. A friend of mine in WA was trying to buy a pistol from a guy there and the seller kept insisting on getting the brand new price for pistols he had used (and were filthy since he never cleaned them because he didn't know how).

Additionally, there are other things at work. Part of it is regional. A used Glock in the Pacific NW seems to keep more of its value than a used Glock in Vegas. Part of it may be that the seller does not actually know what the market price is for a used Glock. There are plenty of buyers and sellers using different points of reference regarding price. Part of it can be that the seller values what he has at a premium but if the shoe was on the other foot and he was the buyer, he'd be looking to pay much less for the item. -And the "no paper" aspect to a private transaction is worth something to a significant number of people as well.

Ultimately, it does not matter. If the person prices the pistol too high for the market, it will sit for a long time. We have all seen ads where the seller has steadily been reducing the price in order to actually move it.

Kind of like why you always see ammo included with 1911's.
Because after the 15th FTF on your first day out, you figure you'll need some sort of enticement to sell that sorry excuse for a boat anchor.

just kidding? :s0131:

You must have bought some cheap 1911s.Everyone I have ever had shoots perfectly.And very accurately.

Are used Glocks better at killing zombies than new Glocks and therefore, worth paying the NEW price for a used Glock?:huh:

I used to see used glocks for under $500 at Federal Way discount guns all the time.
Haven't shopped for them for a while so don't know about the prices.
This kinda goes back to the "Gun Show" thread.Maybe people are seeing the ridiculous prices at the shows and trying to sell theirs for the show prices.

If nobody buys them,the prices will go down.

Oh and as for the zombie question,only if said glock has killed zombies before.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top