JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A lot of it has to be supply and demand. Possibly some of it is where we live. My brother just paid 325 for a nice, used Glock 17 at a gun show in VA.

That would be my first assumption if every gun store in town didn't have at least 5 Glocks (usually many more) in stock. Think about it, when was the last time you went into a gun store and they were "sold out" of Glocks?

In Vancouver we don't have a large LEO or GSSF Glock dealer, plus we get to pay 8.2% sales tax.

So I you can buy a LNIB Glock 9mm, .40 or .357sig for around $500 you are saving at least $50 and not having to "register" it. While there may not be actual gun registration here, the Clark County Sheriff's office keeps a list of ALL the handguns that you buy.

Personally, I'm with the OP on this.

If I'm buying a used firearm that ISN'T a collectible, I'm not paying new prices.

I'll spend an extra $50 to $75 to know that what I'm getting is new, and not some shot out pistol with a claim of only 200 rounds down it.

That's not to say I haven't bought used. Two of my Glocks are LE trade ins. Work like a champ, but the price was reflective of that fact (sub $400 for each).

I did have this though too.Some may pay a little more for a "Private" sale

In Vancouver we don't have a large LEO or GSSF Glock dealer, plus we get to pay 8.2% sales tax.

So I you can buy a LNIB Glock 9mm, .40 or .357sig for around $500 you are saving at least $50 and not having to "register" it. While there may not be actual gun registration here, the Clark County Sheriff's office keeps a list of ALL the handguns that you buy.

all i was getting at is that ive seen a couple on here for like 650 and 750 i think that that is way out of line . i really just laugh at the price but if they sell i guess thell be the ones with the last laugh

Basic economics - a product is only worth as much as the market is willing to pay for it.

Glocks are very durable and reliable. Most used Glocks are just as good a new ones.

Reliable cars have higher resale value. Homes made by reputable builders have higher resale value. Its no different with guns.

There is Glocks out there that have over 300,000 rounds through them, how many other pistols can you say that about, and they always go bang!!!!!

Not Saying I doubt you, however I would really like to see a reference or two on that as that is a rather large number to just through out. Course I really do not like Glocks so maybe I just missed out where that was from.

I haven't understood why people pay what they do for a Glock. Lot's of gun have a good rep. for always going bang. all my springer 1911 always go bang as well ( over 10,000 through the oldest one.)

Oh wait, I am treading way to close to a glock VS something else post:eek::eek:

Um, right.... 300,000 through a glock with no issues and still rolling, reference on that?

Not Saying I doubt you, however I would really like to see a reference or two on that as that is a rather large number to just through out. Course I really do not like Glocks so maybe I just missed out where that was from.

I haven't understood why people pay what they do for a Glock. Lot's of gun have a good rep. for always going bang. all my springer 1911 always go bang as well ( over 10,000 through the oldest one.)

Oh wait, I am treading way to close to a glock VS something else post:eek::eek:

Um, right.... 300,000 through a glock with no issues and still rolling, reference on that?

Here you go, if i look for a couple more minutes on the net i'm sure i can come up with more including comparison tests of Glocks verses 1911's:cool:

Al Allen co-owner of Double Action indoor range in Detriot recorded 465,000 threw a g17. Kelly McCann Combatives 750,000 threw a g19, Hirtenburger ammo's test gun on display with 350,000 rounds. YOU CAN CHECK THESE OUT ON THE NET.:D

Buy the way i own two 1911's and love them almost as much as my Glocks.:s0155:

If you buy a new one with meprolight's or trijicon's you'll be in it at least $600.00. With a good holster and a couple extra mags, you're lookin at $700.00 new. Some things to keep in mind if you're buying a Glock with these extras offered. :s0159:

Here you go, if i look for a couple more minutes on the net i'm sure i can come up with more including comparison tests of Glocks verses 1911's:cool:

Al Allen co-owner of Double Action indoor range in Detriot recorded 465,000 threw a g17. Kelly McCann Combatives 750,000 threw a g19, Hirtenburger ammo's test gun on display with 350,000 rounds. YOU CAN CHECK THESE OUT ON THE NET.:D

Buy the way i own two 1911's and love them almost as much as my Glocks.:s0155:

Cool thanks, I will do some reading. :s0155: Again not trying or wanting a brand war.

I just like to be edumacated. I personally have never owned a Glock, however I have shoot a good number of them. I have seen a way to many Glocks Vs that thread of the last to or more years.

I just enjoy knowing the facts when I can.:D

I like glocks and think they are a fine gun,a great gun.
They passed all the rigorous Defense Dept tests with flying colors.

But the ones SJS46 is refering to are probably exceptional guns.
I would guess you can count the number of any guns, that have put that many rounds through it and survived,fairly easy. Or a shooter that has documented their rounds.

A gun mag did a 10k round test on a Sig a few years ago without any problems.It can be done.(10k in 3 days I think,10 guys shooting)

But I have also read of guys at police ranges watching glocks blow apart.One account nearly took an eye,had he not had safety glasses on.

It has to be that the "Glock" name is probably the best known to casual gun owners.Probably not too many of my friends could tell you what a sig or a H&K or even a Kimber was.
Not until they get to a gun store do they realize there are other guns besides S&W,Colt and Glock.

Part of the cachet of Glock pistols is they're so widely used by law enforcement. That's a defacto endorsement in the minds of a lot of people, therefore they think they should get a lot more for a Glock than, say a Ruger or Taurus. Which is somewhat ironic because - a good part of the reason Glock is widely used by US law enforcement is because they were the first in the game, law enforcement generally is resistant to change, and Glock just about gives their guns away to get police departments to use them.

With the passage of time this is changing - Glock hasn't listened to end users in law enforcement for about the past 10 years and Smith&Wesson has stepped up the game with with the M&P series. Wait a couple more years as Smith takes over that market share (along with Sig for federal agencies where the sky is the limit) and you'll be seeing people get a lot more realistic as Glock LE trade ins begin to flood the market.

On a side note, Glocks do go forever. I haven't ever had one which had issues, and I've owned at least 8 of them. I had a Glock 21 with 15K rounds through it that never had a hiccup, including using it (unwittingly) for several years with a badly mangled extractor. Very simple design, generous tolerances and not much technology added over the lifetime of the design.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top