JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yesterday The woman & I ended up in Spokane. While in the area, I wanted to stop by a local gun store and check out the shop. They are a STACCATO dealer and I'm interested in a C2.
So we pull into SHARP SHOOTING - seems like its got some good foot traffic goin on.
Nice store inside. Compared to other stores in my area, it seems to have a decent stock.
I handle the C2 (likin it), and cruise the rest of the store. Hmm, they got ammo. Not alot, but a couple hundred boxes of various calbers. 9mm, 44 mag, etc. Hey! Some S&B 10mm. $21 OTD. Not bad considering that the same ammo is going for $35 + shipping online.

Why are online sellers so much higher? Profiteering?

In some calibers I've found cheaper prices online than I've ever seen whether LGS or online. Generally speaking I've almost never seen affordable ammo at any LGS. I've still purchased some at LGS from time to time to support the local operation.

Because people are dumb enough to pay the high prices out of fear and desperation. They can do this from the privacy of their phone or PC without being shamed by spouses, friends, or forum buddies. :D

Last Edited:
In some calibers I've found cheaper prices online than I've ever seen whether LGS or online. Generally speaking I've almost never seen affordable ammo at any LGS. I've still purchased some at LGS from time to time to support the local operation.

Thats my point.
Online was always cheaper than B&M stores. Not now.

Because we live in GREAT AMERICA, Free enterprise rules. I just saw 3 boxes of 1000 primers sell for $75 each because one person wanted them. That's one of the many things that make AMERICA GREAT. On line sales give us one more opportunity. AS long as we have buyers we will have sellers. Bruno's site is closed this weekend and maybe for the next several days because of SO MANY SALES CAN'T FILL THEM. Go figure.

I don't think the OP was bringing up the subject of ammo prices today compared to ammo prices two years ago. He raised the issue of ammo prices online compared to ammo prices in physical stores.

TP in high demand. Manufacturers overstock diminished, production costs double to keep up with demand, costs from wood suppliers go up to add to production, costs transferred to distributors, then to grocery stores, then end consumers.

Add in stores taking advantage of this example by hording stockpiles to only sell during times of low availability at increased prices.

Costs go up.

It depends "what" ammo you're talking about. I've found that big bore ammo like .50 bmg is much cheaper online and readily available. It's the ammo that everyone and their dog has guns chambered for that has the highest price hike. Possibly because they have the entire country and more as a possible sale rather than the local yokels so there's not really much incentive to keep their prices low on the internet

Must be a regional thing since I've found the same about an hour South of where the OP was shopping.

10mm and .40 S&W on the shelf, along with large pistol primers. Premium defensive .40 S&W was $35 a box of 50 and primers were $70 per 1000.

The other LGS had 9mm Remington Range ammo for $13 a box (of course, it was gone within an hour).

You can't find that stuff online for that price. of course, it is very spotty to find it in the stores, but I am comfortable now with what I have. Would love another couple thousand small pistol primers, but am only willing to pay double normal prices, which is why I picked up another case of large pistol primers when I saw them.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top