JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The bill to allow SBS/SBR didn't make it thru committee in Olympia. Next session...
Don't bet on it with that obstructionist bucket of dogcrap Kline chairing Senate Judiciary... his attitude is that he's fed up with our pushback against his idea of "give and take" compromise being "we give, he takes".

Why can't we get some Democrat with a clue to primary his worthless ***? That's the only way we'll ever be rid of him...

Because the moonbats in the state legislature in 1994, being utterly clueless about the already existing Draconian federal penalties for possessing a SBS or MG without a tax stamp and the associated major background check, decided that no one but a criminal could possibly want a SBR and screwed Washington citizens out of a right that even people in MASSACHUSETTS have.

This is simply a matter of education and training. If we do our jobs right, I think the legislature will come around. And if We're smart and DON'T elect Moonbat in Chief Jay Inslee, the Governor will sign the bill. Inslee is a friend to 2A about the same as Mitt Romney is.

The head Moonbat was State senator Adam Smith. Here is what I know about Washington and machineguns. After the NFA act in 1934, four years later Washington passed a law against private ownership in 1938. The politicians were scared of gangsters and tommyguns. The only way a person could obtain private ownership was if your were a part of the military. Full time or part time. Didn't matter. You could privately own a machinegun. At one time there were 1.256 privately owned machineguuns in Washington. I personally knew a few of the guys. I do know that one of my friends packed up and moved to Lebonon Oregon. In that bill in 1994, Senator Adam Smith added two words to the RCW. "Official Duty". No longer could you privately own unless you were in official duty. The door was shut. The guns that are here in the state can be kept under a grandfather clause. But can never be sold within the state.

The head Moonbat was State senator Adam Smith. Here is what I know about Washington and machineguns. After the NFA act in 1934, four years later Washington passed a law against private ownership in 1938. The politicians were scared of gangsters and tommyguns. The only way a person could obtain private ownership was if your were a part of the military. Full time or part time. Didn't matter. You could privately own a machinegun. At one time there were 1.256 privately owned machineguuns in Washington. I personally knew a few of the guys. I do know that one of my friends packed up and moved to Lebonon Oregon. In that bill in 1994, Senator Adam Smith added two words to the RCW. "Official Duty". No longer could you privately own unless you were in official duty. The door was shut. The guns that are here in the state can be kept under a grandfather clause. But can never be sold within the state.

So that's what happened! I was away, on active duty, when that was changed.

I wouldn't count on it... it'll probably have to get through Senate Judiciary first, where Komrade Kommissar Kline has declared war on us because our idea of 'compromise' isn't 'we bend over and grab a cheek in each hand and MAYBE he'll do us the favor of using a little K-Y' like his is...

i dont recall that private ownership was okay in the years leading up to 1994. up till then, it was still official use only, ie MIL-LEO, which included WA Natl Guard. are you saying that private ownership was okay outside of MIL-LEO just prior to 1994?

Don't bet on it with that obstructionist bucket of dogcrap Kline chairing Senate Judiciary... his attitude is that he's fed up with our pushback against his idea of "give and take" compromise being "we give, he takes".

Why can't we get some Democrat with a clue to primary his worthless ***? That's the only way we'll ever be rid of him...

Why do you want a democrap at all? Get a gun loving libertarian in there...that will do it.

Hermann, first choice would be a Libertarian, second a Reagan Republican--but NEITHER is gonna happen from his district, which is IIRC firmly inside the McDermott Curtain of Seattle Metro, so a smarter and more principled Democrat is about all we can hope for.

Something has GOT to be done to break the King County Democratic [sic] Party/Mainstream [sic] Republican (Establishment RINO) Complex's monopoly on power... before they push us too far into Commiefornia del Norte to recover.

If you look at definitions

(11) "Machine gun" means any firearm known as a machine gun, mechanical rifle, submachine gun, or any other mechanism or instrument not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot and having a reservoir clip, disc, drum, belt, or other separable mechanical device for storing, carrying, or supplying ammunition which can be loaded into the firearm, mechanism, or instrument, and fired therefrom at the rate of five or more shots per second.

So I am assuming 3 rd burst would not be a banned machine gun in Washington as it only will drop 3 rds per trigger pull?

If you look at definitions

(11) "Machine gun" means any firearm known as a machine gun, mechanical rifle, submachine gun, or any other mechanism or instrument not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot and having a reservoir clip, disc, drum, belt, or other separable mechanical device for storing, carrying, or supplying ammunition which can be loaded into the firearm, mechanism, or instrument, and fired therefrom at the rate of five or more shots per second.

So I am assuming 3 rd burst would not be a banned machine gun in Washington as it only will drop 3 rds per trigger pull?

It would be banned because it can't pass "not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot".

MG's SBS, SBR are illegal for unlicensed civilians (unless grandfathered) for one reason; not enough WA residents bothered to show up at committee hearings and contact their legislators to tell Olympia to shove the bill up their ***. The Youth Violence Reduction Act (bill 2310) used to contain an assault weapons ban, but due to opposition from residents it was removed. What does registered SBS/SBR have to do with youth firearm possession? Nothing of course. Who is to blame; WA guns owners.

Here is the voting record that screwed us on SBS/SBR
E2SHB 2319
Violence reduction programs
Senate vote on Final Passage
3/10/1994

Yeas: 28 Nays: 20 Absent: 0 Excused: 1

Voting Yea: Senators Bauer, Bluechel, Drew, Franklin, Fraser, Gaspard, Hargrove, Haugen, McAuliffe, Moore, Moyer, Niemi, Owen, Pelz, Prentice, Quigley, Rasmussen, M., Rinehart, Sheldon, Skratek, Smith, A., Snyder, Spanel, Sutherland, Talmadge, Vognild, Winsley, and Wojahn
Voting Nay: Senators Amondson, Anderson, Cantu, Deccio, Erwin, Hochstatter, Loveland, Ludwig, McDonald, Morton, Nelson, Newhouse, Oke, Prince, Roach, Schow, Sellar, Smith, L., West, and Williams
Absent:
Excused: Senator McCaslin

E2SHB 2319
Violence reduction programs
House vote on Final Passage
2/21/1994

Yeas: 78 Nays: 19 Absent: 0 Excused: 1

Voting Yea: Representatives Anderson, Appelwick, Ballasiotes, Basich, Bray, Brough, Brown, Brumsickle, Campbell, Carlson, Caver, Chappell, Cole, G., Conway, Cooke, Cothern, Dellwo, Dorn, Dunshee, Dyer, Eide, Finkbeiner, Fisher, G., Fisher, R., Flemming, Grant, Hansen, Heavey, Holm, Horn, Jacobsen, Johanson, Johnson, L., Johnson, R., Jones, Karahalios, Kessler, King, Kohl, J., Kremen, Lemmon, Leonard, Linville, Long, Mastin, Meyers, R., Moak, Morris, Myers, H., Ogden, Orr, Patterson, Peery, Pruitt, Quall, Rayburn, Reams, Roland, Romero, Rust, Schmidt, Scott, Sheldon, Shin, Sommers, Springer, Talcott, Thibaudeau, Thomas, B., Valle, Van Luven, Veloria, Wang, Wineberry, Wolfe, Wood, Zellinsky, and Mr. Speaker

Voting Nay: Representatives Backlund, Ballard, Casada, Chandler, Edmondson, Foreman, Forner, Fuhrman, Lisk, McMorris, Mielke, Padden, Schoesler, Sehlin, Sheahan, Silver, Stevens, Tate, and Thomas, L.
Absent:
Excused: Representative Riley

Ranb

Here are the people presently in the Senate that voted for the SBS/SBR ban back in 1994.

Senator Tracey Eide (While in House of Representatives)
305 Legislative Building
PO Box 40430
Olympia, WA 98504-0430
(360) 786-7658
Fax: (360) 786-1999

Senator Tim Sheldon
412 Legislative Building
PO Box 40435
Olympia, WA 98504-0435
(360) 786-7668

Senator Lisa Brown (While in House of Representatives)
25 W Main Ave Ste 239
Spokane, WA 99201
(509) 456-2760

Senator Paull Shin
19707 64th Ave W, Ste 207
Lynnwood, WA 98036
(425) 673-1393
Fax: (425) 774-6932

Senator Karen Fraser
404 Legislative Building
PO Box 40422
Olympia, WA 98504-0422
(360) 786-7642

Senator Jim Hargrove
PO Box 2496
535 East 1st St.
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Phone: (360) 457-2520
Hoquiam
311 7th Street
PO Box 427
Hoquiam, WA 98550
Phone: (360) 533-9477

Senator Rosemary McAuliffe
403 Legislative Building
PO Box 40401
Olympia, WA 98504-0401
(360) 786-7600

Senator Margarita Prentice
312 Legislative Building
PO Box 40411
Olympia, WA 98504-0411
(360) 786-7616

Senator Sheldon has agreed to support House Bill 2099 to allow possession of registered SBS/SBR. The others have not taken a position yet. I have written to all of them to request a meeting to discuss the bill. Senator Eide willl not see me or speak to me on the phone. If anyone is in her district, I need your help setting up a meeting so I can go with you.

Ranb

It was a Democrat (Blake) that lead the way and pushed the silencer use bill through the legislature in 2011 when the Republicans could not get it done in the three previous sessions. I wrote to every legislator about the silencer bill back in 2010/2011, the only ones that told me they would not support the bill were Republicans. 15 of the 25 sponsors of bill 2099 (SBS/SBR) including the prime sponsor are Democrats.

The SBS/SBR bill died in committee this last session because judiciary Chairman Pedersen (Dem) would not give it a hearing. Since there are 4000-5000 bills considered each session and less than 25% get a hearing, they only give hearings to bills they think are sure to pass, or are the pet project of someone important or with influence. All we need to do is convince Senator Adam Kline (Judiciary chairman) that the SBS/SBR bill is worthy of a hearing, and Pedersen will give it a go too. It is that simple; if we get off our butts and let Olympia know how we feel. That is how it happened with the silencer use bill 1016.

HB 2099 - 2011-12

Sponsors: Representatives Blake, Kretz, Hurst, Liias, Orcutt, Dunshee, Taylor, Van De Wege, Shea, Kirby, Short, Takko, Moscoso, Tharinger, Finn, Seaquist, Schmick, Sells, Ahern, Condotta, McCoy, Hope, Moeller, Goodman, McCune

Ranb

As far as I know Rep. Marlin Appelwick (D-Seattle), and Senators Phil Talmadge (D-Seattle) and Adam Smith (D-Federal Way) were the authors of the bill banning SBS/SBR. I have contacted each one via mail, but no reply yet. I am trying to find out why they needed to write the ban into the bill.

If anyone knows how to get their attention, please let me know.

Ranb

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads