JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Why are Machine Guns illegal in WA State? :huh: They are legal in ID and OR. Was there some sort of "tragedy" the politicians exploited here to push through a ban in the mid 1980's? That's the usual MO of the anti-gunners.

Thanks. I will check out the info in the "notes" section. I've been curious about this ever since I've moved here.

Because the moonbats in the state legislature in 1994, being utterly clueless about the already existing Draconian federal penalties for possessing a SBS or MG without a tax stamp and the associated major background check, decided that no one but a criminal could possibly want a SBR and screwed Washington citizens out of a right that even people in MASSACHUSETTS have.

This is simply a matter of education and training. If we do our jobs right, I think the legislature will come around. And if We're smart and DON'T elect Moonbat in Chief Jay Inslee, the Governor will sign the bill. Inslee is a friend to 2A about the same as Mitt Romney is.

Because the moonbats in the state legislature in 1994, being utterly clueless about the already existing Draconian federal penalties for possessing a SBS or MG without a tax stamp and the associated major background check, decided that no one but a criminal could possibly want a SBR and screwed Washington citizens out of a right that even people in MASSACHUSETTS have.

Technically not a right then :)

Why are machine guns illegal in Washington? Because we believe in conservation - trees, recycling, wind farms, green roofs, hybrid cars. Machine guns? They don't conserve ammo. How many bullets come out of a semi-auto gun with each trigger pull? One. How many come out of a machine gun? Lots. It's wasteful.

Save the whales? No - save the ammo. Help keep machine guns illegal in Washington State.

Paid for by Citizens Ammunition Conservation Association (CACA)

But, in all seriousness - who knows? We can now use silencers, and we've been able to have AOW's. Given the federal restrictions on ownership and huge costs with machine guns, I'm not sure why the restrictions remain. But, they're "scary" enough that I doubt there's much political will to legalize them (same goes for SBR/SBS).

Last Edited:
...But, in all seriousness - who knows? We can now use silencers, and we've been able to have AOW's. Given the federal restrictions on ownership and huge costs with machine guns, I'm not sure why the restrictions remain. But, they're "scary" enough that I doubt there's much political will to legalize them (same goes for SBR/SBS).

It's weird people can buy & use AOW's and silencers but not machine guns. The Federal law makes them so expensive anyways. I thought there was a bill to legalize SBR/SBS.

Why are Machine Guns illegal in WA State? :huh: They are legal in ID and OR. Was there some sort of "tragedy" the politicians exploited here to push through a ban in the mid 1980's? That's the usual MO of the anti-gunners.

Why, because of the worst Govnr WA ever had...name was Lowry, was very anti-gun anti-freedom...but actually you are only parly correct...NFA items are not illegal, only NEW NFA items are. Just remember, Isley is his clone, and he will be running for gov...support McKenna if you like your guns and the gun laws we have. With McKenna we at least have a chance to get RID of some of the junk in 9.41

There are still some artifacts on the books from Lowry that need to be removed. Quit a few of the worst ones were removed by the courts, but If I remember correctly, the no loaded guns in a vehicle without a license and our wonderful RCW 9.41.270 are his and they need to go away, along with the NFA prohibitions..

Why, because of the worst Govnr WA ever had...name was Lowry, was very anti-gun anti-freedom...but actually you are only parly correct...NFA items are not illegal, only NEW NFA items are. Just remember, Isley is his clone, and he will be running for gov...support McKenna if you like your guns and the gun laws we have. With McKenna we at least have a chance to get RID of some of the junk in 9.41

There are still some artifacts on the books from Lowry that need to be removed. Quit a few of the worst ones were removed by the courts, but If I remember correctly, the no loaded guns in a vehicle without a license and our wonderful RCW 9.41.270 are his and they need to go away, along with the NFA prohibitions..

Total agreement as there is no real common sense reason for some of this stuff to stay on the books.

Hooray! We is back on track!!!!!!!!!

Slackjaw Lowry was a real festering turd, though closely followed by Gregoire...

Yes the prohibition on loaded guns in vehicles is wrong. None of the mountain states have this prohibition. Please explain what you mean by "NFA items are not illegal, only NEW NFA items are" Do you mean NFA items that were grandfathered?

Yes, existing NFA items were grandfathered in. At least one of the ranges in Seattle has a grandfathered SBR under the counter.

RCW 9.41.190 - Unlawful firearms — Exceptions. (3) It shall be an affirmative defense to a prosecution brought under this section that the machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle was acquired prior to July 1, 1994, and is possessed in compliance with federal law.

The bill to allow SBS/SBR didn't make it thru committee in Olympia. Next session...

No way Inslee will get elected. He's way behind McKenna on fundraising and votes. Even Democrats don't like him.

Yes the prohibition on loaded guns in vehicles is wrong. None of the mountain states have this prohibition. Please explain what you mean by "NFA items are not illegal, only NEW NFA items are" Do you mean NFA items that were grandfathered?

Not quite true. In WA you can register a Silencer, DD or AOW of any age as they are all legal under current state law.

You can not currently register MG, SBS or SBR of any age in WA but there are some grandfathered ones. Even though they are in state they can not be transferred to new owners here with the way the law is written.

No way Inslee will get elected. He's way behind McKenna on fundraising and votes. Even Democrats don't like him.

Don't count any democrat out...the G got in didn't she? Even with some voting "irregularities" (in her favor) she still got to stay as "da gov". As they say in the U district...vote early, vote often...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top