JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ive just noticed hand guns are expensive when compared to rifles or shotguns, and was wondering why. its not materials, is it designs? or just the fact that handguns are so desirable? or the fact that the government restricts them more?

You"re just not in the market for some of the rifles that are out there. Montana gun company, NEMO arms, makes a great AR platform in 300 Win Mag for $6500. Way out of the ballpark for my pocketbook, but the I said that before I bought my first Kimber....

How do you figure? A common Savage model 11/111 bolt action rifle at BiMart is $450.00 Same with the bottom of the pile from Ruger or Remington. A Henry lever action 30-30 pushes 600.00 A nice rifle like a Savage model 12 will be pushing $1000.00 at a LGS A Ruger 10-22 will be $240.00 at BiMart

I don't see rifles as any cheaper then Pistols within a range.

I think the OP has a point, but it's been answered in post #2.

Point being, you can GET a solid, reliable rifle for less than you can GET that same quality of handgun for the most part. If I could get my hands on a pistol that had the same rock-solid reliability and accuracy and utility that a Mosin has AT THE SAME PRICE, I would have a drawer full.

Come to think of it, I'll add another factor to Deen's observations: Supply vs. Demand.

Both my rifles and my over/under cost at least 1 1/2 times what either of my handguns cost.

I'd pin it as they require a long production line, and possibly not comparing same tier firearms (Mossberg 100 ATR vs Colt 1911)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top