JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They take your DL so they can track who's buying ammo. If you use a Debit/Credit card....they can now track by barcode, exactly, what you are buy, how much, when and where and how much you are using up....

They take your DL so they can track who's buying ammo. If you use a Debit/Credit card....they can now track by barcode, exactly, what you are buy, how much, when and where and how much you are using up....

Good think I live in a legal shooting zone, and can/do shoot regularly in my own backyard. No telling HOW much of that stuff I've used up already........

hearing those bangs is so much fun I can hardly stop myself... until I run out of ammo and have to wait till I can find more.

clowns!!!

If you really want to throw the Bi-Mart or Wally World clerk for a loop, when they ask to see your ID to "verify age", hand them a US Passport or TWIC credential...

This is what I do. Passport has your name and DOB, but no address, no bar code and the passport # is basically useless unless you are a Fed.

In New York since 9/11, when you check into a hotel they not only demand your ID but also take it into the back office to make a copy of it. That's an identity theft waiting to happen right there. I personally experienced this multiple times, although I believe they may have relaxed it in recent years.

Ironically the Computers, Freedom and Privacy conference sponsored by the ACLU was held in such a hotel in 2003. Below is a pretty interesting report of a guy who is a privacy nut and how Ramada threatened to call the terrorism squad on him because he wouldn't let them keep a copy of his ID.

<broken link removed>

It's amazing how at the first sign of any emergency, plenty of people and companies are ready to throw our rights out the window.

After 9/11, a major grocery chain (probably Safeway IMHO) gave the Feds a complete copy of their entire loyalty card database - e.g. every purchase ever made by a customer with a Safeway card - so they could data mine it for terrorists buying falafels.

<broken link removed>

That's why all my loyalty cards bear the name of Michael Mouse. Most of the time when they give you the application form with the card attached, you can scrawl anything you like on the form and they don't check it. To actually link such a card to you, they'd have to tie their credit/debit transactions to their loyalty database, and that's much more difficult because of the restrictions around storing the entire card number.

Scary business, this..... but the feds may well be on track to"fix" it, as they are trying, once more, to pass some sort of national ID card bill, which would (amongst other nasty things) require us to all carry it wlong with.....

As to the grocery store club cards..... did you know that, once you have the new card and app in hand, the card is active right away? Did you also know you can tell the clerk who hands it you "I'd prefer to fill it out later and mail it in, got to run now....", they won't bat an eye. And, did you know it ocntinues working, for years, with absolutely NO information entered into their database, to the point where, should you rack up sufficient purchases to qualify for the large discount on fuel, that card number will record the purchases, and render the appropriate discount once it is earned, despite the fact they have NO CLUE who has been doinng all that buying?

I have all of them available here in the NW, get the store and fuel discounts, even when I spend enough to qualify for the larger ones, and they have no clue who carries that card........ cause I've never told them anything. They still work.

If you've got some that you've registered, next time in, tell them you'd like a new app... then, once you've accumulated and used up your bonus points, start using the new one.. once you're sure it works, toss the one with the dossier..... and continue on. The only downside is that, should you not have the card with you, you won't have a phone number to enter to credit the account for that purchase. Most clerks will figure a work around anyway... use their own? so you can get that discount. But not the cummulative one. Need two cards for the family? No problem.. get two. It will just take longer to earn the deeper discounts, as it will be split between the two cards.

Just bought some ammo at Bi-mart in Aloha and they didn't ask, they just hit they yes button if I'm old enough. I have been paying attention to the prompts when I've been buying ammo at bimart and it does just say
"Is the customer born before xx/xx/19xx"
At that point the can either put in your DOB or just do the override of yes.

I wish there was a blanket boycott on giving a SS no. to anyone but the SS Administration for their purposes. That is what the law says. Banks, CC and credit rating agencies, other state and fed agencies cannot require a SS no. In fact, it is illegal for them to demad it. They can only request that you volunteer it. It is the most abused personal id no. If only a few refuse, nothing happens. But how many of these agencies or businesses could refuse services to 20&#37; of potential clients??

Did you know as well, your employer cannot demand your SS no. That is against the law. They are under no obligation legally to withhold anything from your pay, unless you volutarily give them a written authorization to do so. If you do, only then are they required to follow your lead. Everyone thinks it is mandatory. It is not.

I changed auto insurance companies three years back. When they asked me for my "soch", I said no. They told me they needed it to get my credit rating. I said my credit rating has nothing to do with my driving record, and got up to walk out. They gave me a policy without me giving them an SS number (it ain't my number anyway...it's for the government to track me). But I have a feeling they can get it somewhere else.

Yeah, I queried an aviation underwriter on how they could insure a $20 million dollar plane, and $100 mil liability based on a one page pilot history form. All the info on the form being the dependent on the pilot's 'honesty'.

They don't....they got it all: Soc Sec, addresses, driving record, martial status, credit record, financial, criminal background, military...high speed stuff, and the computer spits out a profile...which spits out a risk...which spits out a premium.

Gun stores are being held accountable by the Feds for ammo and reloading
supplies purchased by Canadians. Local stores near the border know they
will lose their licenses if any gun related stuff is found across the border
which was purchased from their place. Not all stores will swipe your card,
some will just look to see you are a citizen, some won't even ask if they
know you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show