JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I see the draw of a pistol caliber AR carbine but not AR pistol. If you have one can you tell me why?
Some of them also use pistol mags, the Vector maybe? I dunno, don't have one. If I was going to get one it would be a purpose built firearm like the Sig MPX, where everything functions properly and not some AR frankengun.

But the first pistol caliber carbine I get will probably be in 454 Casull and look like something John Wayne would use.

Fun gun for blasting! Already have more pistols than hands, not interested in trying to conceal them, just point and shoot off the hip! Note: no one makes a .308 "pistol" but AR types do exist (PTR-PDW).
The .308 pistol is another head scratcher for me. I can't imagine how loud that'd be.

Fun gun for blasting! Already have more pistols than hands, not interested in trying to conceal them, just point and shoot off the hip! Note: no one makes a .308 "pistol" but AR types do exist (PTR-PDW).
They do exist in non-AR format as well.

9mm ARs look completely bad bubblegum. I totally want one.

Wondering if anyone has one in .45?
Hopefully not too off topic :)
I have one PCC that is "AR based", uses an AR stock & pistol grip. I DO NOT any longer recommend the Co that made mine but they are a ton of fun. Have one that will shoot both .45 and 10mm just swap barrels and mags, Glock mags. The 10mm makes a wicked home protection carbine. There are some pure AR's in .45 of course or you can build your own. The ones made by CMMG are probably the top of the line for one already set up and ready to go.

I don't own an AR in a pistol caliber but I do have a Ruger PC Charger and aside from how the operate, they are all pistol caliber sub guns to me.

From a practical sense, not much purpose. Of course if I stopped buying firearms the moment I had all my "needs" met I would have stopped buying firearms a long time ago. All that being said, it is a ton of fun to shoot. Recoil management is easier on that than on a handgun and I have more optic choices. 33 round glock mags feel less cumbersome on that Charger than they do in m G17 as well.

An AR9 pistol is an affordable version of an H&K MP5 - totally established as a defensive firearm by protective security forces the world over. Mine is a 10.5" version, w/Glock mags and fits assembled into a medium-tall backback, or upper/lower disassembled into a medium-small size day pack. It's a great truck gun and I don't plan to engage 100-300 yard targets from my truck. Other guns are better for that.

It's more portable than other AR pistols, in 5.56 or 300 Blk, for me anyway. I believe a 9mm round benefits from a 10" barrel, whereas 5.56 sort of suffers out of shorter barrels. As others remarked, it's nice to have choices for different uses.

Ill also add that I can ring steel pretty easily at 100 yards with that Charger...I can't do that with a handgun. Though, that isn't saying much since I'm a god awful shot with a handgun as anyone who saw me shoot the rimfire competition this weekend can attest to 🤣

The PTR-PDW .308 is not that loud if wearing hearing pro. but it has been named 'the little dragon'. It is built on the HK G91 platform. Note: you can't tuck it into your waistband! But you can sling it from your shoulder.

P1060494.JPG
This one has the added "wrist brace" for a rock solid cheek weld but it really doesn't need it if you know how to use the sling for support.

When I built mine I went with an 8" barrel.
I didn't see any benefit of having one with a 4" barrel, I have plenty of handguns with 4"-5" barrels as it is.

It was fun project to tinker with and it runs well.
And when ammo was $159 a case delivered it was affordable to go blasting with.
GwA5qUrl.jpg

I've been looking at AR 9 uppers, and keep comming across 4" to 10" uppers for AR pistol builds. I keep thinking to myself "why would I want that over a Glock 19 or (fill in favorite semi-automatic 9mm)?"

Other than the just-for-right-now ability to shoulder the brace, I don't see the advantage. It's harder to conceal, not much sight radius advantage, scarier to non-gun folks and not much of a velocity bump. I see the draw of a pistol caliber AR carbine but not AR pistol. If you have one can you tell me why?
For an AR9/PCC with a 4" barrel there is really little advantage vs a handgun unless running suppressed and having a handguard covering most of the suppressor to give the user multiple points of contact like a rifle would. Obviously, the more points of contact for the user, the more stable the firearm (in theory) to aid in accuracy.

Majority of interest in very small AR9/PCC is marketing for 'ultimate concealment' defensive weapon/PDW and or for something to gawk at and talk about with the fellas at the range.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top