JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Whoever it was, was killing two birds with one stone since at the time it was O.K. to OWN a suppressor but not to use it. The design of the Thompson Machine can allowed him to permanently attach the outer part of the can to the shortened barrel, but remove the baffles so It was O.K. to shoot in Wa. Pretty cleaver!

i agree. SBRs project a way-cool form factor to me. i wanted one every since i watched
Joe Kidd some years back. fortunate enough to get one of the last ones approved in WA
before they closed the door shut. (randy, did you ever get the SBR video i sent you back
in sept?)

I got it, still trying to figure out how to put everything together.

Do you have any information on why they put the SBS/SBR ban in and did not take it out along with the assault weapon ban? The legislative intent did not provide any reason why SBS/SBR needed to be banned. Did anyone object to the ban being in bill 2319?

I wrote to all of the legislators still in office back in 1994 that voted for the ban but Sheldon was the only one to write back. He did not know why the ban was in there but he said he would support bill 2319 if it made it to the Senate.

I got it, still trying to figure out how to put everything together.

Do you have any information on why they put the SBS/SBR ban in and did not take it out along with the assault weapon ban? The legislative intent did not provide any reason why SBS/SBR needed to be banned. Did anyone object to the ban being in bill 2319?

I wrote to all of the legislators still in office back in 1994 that voted for the ban but Sheldon was the only one to write back. He did not know why the ban was in there but he said he would support bill 2319 if it made it to the Senate.

i'm going from memory now, though a review of the RCW annotated edition can likely shed
light on this. i recall it had to do with a juvenile crime/justice bill and the SBR/SBS was a
rider which was then tacked on to the bill. it barely made the radar until it was too late
to deploy en masse and by that time, it slid into home plate. I don't even recall much of
an uprising from WAC et al...perhaps someone who is less prone to senior moments can
jump in.

p.s. i dont recall WA having an assault weapons bill in addition to the Fed AWB so in my
mind, there was no nexus between the expiration of the Fed AWB and anything similar
ban in WA state

I was able to go to the online archives and read the various versions of the bill prior to it's passage. It had an AWB much like the one passed by the feds, but that portion was eliminated from bill 2319 prior to passage. There was also a list of the people and organizations that spoke out in support and opposition to the bill, but it did not say what they said at the hearings.

I suspect that few people really cared about "sawed off shotguns" back then.

Ranb

16414d1254694252-necro-thread-233170_main.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My plan is to move to Idaho (I wanted WY or MT but was overruled) in 5.5 years when I retire.

Even if WA allowed SBR's and highly doubtful full auto, I still want out of WA. Seattle and KingCo. are just driving me nuts.

I'd like to see someone commercially make AR barrels in .223 and .300 BLK with a shroud like the SBX, with a barrel/shroud OAL of 16".
I don't like the thought of attaching a can permanently to one rifle due to the cost.
Google Image Result for http://www.tacticalsol.com/tshome/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/sbx1.jpg

I've never really liked the look of that thing. I hung a .30 can off the end of that .22 upper you sold me and it wasn't terribly long. Totally doable for target shooting.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top