JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As much as I can appreciate blued steel and walnut, I seem to be buying more non-blued guns (stainless and nickel) lately. Today I bought the #1 most wanted on my list of guns to buy, a s&w 940 (9mm centennial) from forum member justjim. Unfortunately I have to sell the nickel 36 to finance the purchase, but for a couple days I can have both. So after cleaning the new purchase, I took a pic alongside my 66-1 (most balanced, easy to shoot centerfire handgun I've ever owned), and beretta 92fs brigadier.

Gotta start buying blue guns now to even out the collection.:s0114:

Though the pieces I have now (alloy, parkerized, and whatever it is that Glock uses that's about as tough as diamonds, Tenifer) are great at corrosion resistance, I still appreciate that gorgeous wet gloss blue-black that Colt and S&W used to produce in the 50's and 60's.
There have been some Gold Cup .45's that were just amazing looking, too.

I saw a nice Cobra .38 I had develop some rust from prolonged close carry, so the new finishes do have their place as far as being practical- but will remain fond of the blue!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top