JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As much as I can appreciate blued steel and walnut, I seem to be buying more non-blued guns (stainless and nickel) lately. Today I bought the #1 most wanted on my list of guns to buy, a s&w 940 (9mm centennial) from forum member justjim. Unfortunately I have to sell the nickel 36 to finance the purchase, but for a couple days I can have both. So after cleaning the new purchase, I took a pic alongside my 66-1 (most balanced, easy to shoot centerfire handgun I've ever owned), and beretta 92fs brigadier.

Gotta start buying blue guns now to even out the collection.:s0114:

Though the pieces I have now (alloy, parkerized, and whatever it is that Glock uses that's about as tough as diamonds, Tenifer) are great at corrosion resistance, I still appreciate that gorgeous wet gloss blue-black that Colt and S&W used to produce in the 50's and 60's.
There have been some Gold Cup .45's that were just amazing looking, too.

I saw a nice Cobra .38 I had develop some rust from prolonged close carry, so the new finishes do have their place as far as being practical- but will remain fond of the blue!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top