JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let's see, pitch black, biker crosses the road without benefit of crosswalk...

From my perspective we will miss the individual who decided to be stupid and not walk down to the crosswalk as the 'driverless' vehicle can do a great many things, fixing stupid apparently isn't one of them.

Of course the vehicle's test group has huge pockets so i am sure they will make it good $$$$$:s0161:

Who's to say it's the computers fault? There was a human operator, I bet hitting the brake overrides the system. Kind of like yelling "HELMSMAN! HARD ASTERN" when its not the best way to steer around an iceberg.

Rrrrright......why do you think that the auto manufacturers want you to use only factory trained/certified service centers and replacement parts. No modifications allowed.

LOL, the price to change that tire pressure sensor monitor just went up.
Of course, your local car dealer wants you to bring your car to them to replace the TPMS sensors. Depending on your dealership, expect to spend between $150-$260 per wheel to have them replaced. Taking mine to the local GMC dealer would have cost me over $800.
Taken from: TPMS Warning Light? Replace your TPMS Sensors for Cheap

Enjoy your future. I'll just continue to use my handy hand held tire pressure gauge.

Aloha, Mark

Rrrrright......why do you think that the auto manufacturers want you to use only factory trained/certified service centers and replacement parts. No modifications allowed.

LOL, the price to change that tire pressure sensor monitor just went up.

You can no longer own a John Deere tractor. You License it's use. Mod something, and loose your warrantee. So, I expect this from all manufacturers. The one article mentions GM.
Buy that Dodge Demon and mod the computer and given the connected nature, they might just let your insurance company know (especially if you got that thru a dealership.)

John Deere's Digital Transformation Runs Afoul Of Right-To-Repair Movement

https://www.wired.com/2015/04/dmca-ownership-john-deere/

One person getting hit by a car is big news... I bet hundreds die ever year by getting hit. The lady didn't make sure the car was fully stopped...

I make sure cars fully stop or I run :rolleyes: it usually works out !

On the other hand skynet could be taking over o_O

Who's to say it's the computers fault? There was a human operator, I bet hitting the brake overrides the system. Kind of like yelling "HELMSMAN! HARD ASTERN" when its not the best way to steer around an iceberg.

I saw the vehicle's recording of the passenger inside the car right before the street crosser was hit & she was horrified--There was no time to hit the brakes before the woman was run down in the street. People have been getting run over in the street since humans have had streets:eek:

I saw the vehicle's recording of the passenger inside the car right before the street crosser was hit & she was horrified--There was no time to hit the brakes before the woman was run down in the street. People have been getting run over in the street since humans have had streets:eek:

That's kind of what I heard too. Some accidents are indeed unavoidable. Or the g-force slowing down would turn the occupants into strawberry jam.

Seriously, I've been flying the very simplest RC planes and copters for 5-6 years now and crashed every single one of them badly at least once - looking right at them - mangling a few beyond my considerable abilities to repair/rebuild. So with that reality upon which to reflect, I just don't fathom how computer/remote controlled autos (or drones) designed to make daily life smooth and efficient are going to be reasonably safe in a real world full of people at any time in the foreseeable future - whether it's Uber, Amazon, Google or whatever.

And then there's this...

technical difficulties.jpg

Last Edited:
No one will be blamed, and no one will be held accountable.

Haven't you guys figured this stuff out yet?
Why do you think they want this stuff so badly?

Responsibility and accountability are so yesterday, so old school. The blame game helps no one.
These folks are seriously into helping people.

Starting with themselves.

I can't figure it out.....

UBER is not a taxi cab service and not subject to local taxi cab regulations. Yet drivers (through UBER) pick up "customers" and charge a fee to get from point A to point B.

Is it because....."customers" are "friends?" And thus, regulating such a private deal is NOT within the purview of taxi cab and/or most any other regulators/regulations?

Someone, clue me in. If they're playing with words.....then IMHO.....it's a sham.

Shades of the, you're not an employee....you're a 1099 independent contract worker, B.S. Mind you that I'm not saying that an UBER driver isn't self employed (with alot of help from UBER).

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews