JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I opened a PayPal acct because people wanted to be paid via them. Now, I will be closing my acct and probably won't do "business" with anyone who requires it.

Sorry folks.....

PayPal was always a "risk" because they were never a bank. Back when I was using them for Ebay I had a separate checking account and they only had access to that. When I sold something I moved the money back out that day. Only funded them with a Credit Card. I have to guess some sellers are still using them a lot as they don't want to set up with one of the other payment processing places. Things like this are where competition becomes great. Piss enough people off and someone else will step in to take the market.
As for paying you do not have to have your own account to pay people who have one. Last couple times I donated to this site pretty sure it was run through PayPal but I have no PP account any more.

I've used it for a very long time. Less these days, but at times for this or that. I've had more than one kerfluffle with them over the decades, but nothing of any major import. It is not real germane now because I'm winding down gun related things, but a good, reliable pay system for firearms and related would be great. I'm aware of one that I haven't tried yet (name escapes me), but if it works, neat.

1665424249176.png

Aloha, Mark

I still don't 100% agree with PayPal policies, but I thought it only right, and fair, to post this most recent update from PayPal.

I saw that on the news and had to laugh. They said it was a "mistake". I would have loved to see behind the scenes and hear how this was handled over exactly who put this out to begin with. :s0140:

I began using eBay 20 years ago, and that begat joining PayPal.

Everything was great until about 2-3 years ago when eBay and PayPal divorced.

eBay has become a dumpster fire, and I am going to be cancelling my account with them.

This little bit of PayPal drama almost seems like a zealous employee leaked some radical stuff that likely wasn't actually endorsed by PayPal. I can't imagine how the mechanism of taking $2500 would even work, wouldn't even get past legal, no matter how woke PayPal is. The worst they could do is cancel your account and ban you.
The REAL concern is that PayPal is apparently employing sociopathic people who contrive such wild ideas.

I really have never been wronged by PayPal, but I will be cancelling them also.
It turns out, as time goes on, the convenience of cashless is going to begin to cost us big time. Money, fees, freedom, privacy are dissolving as we become more reliant on cashless.

I'm going back to cash. I don't need stuff online that badly any more.

I saw that on the news and had to laugh. They said it was a "mistake". I would have loved to see behind the scenes and hear how this was handled over exactly who put this out to begin with. :s0140:
I saw it too. The flip flop!

They just did that 'for now' to cover their @@@es.

I never used them or any service like them.

To each their own.

I know several people who LOST MONEY from them and NEVER GOT IT BACK no matter how much they tried to make it right from a to z.

Take care!

Cate

I opened a PayPal acct because people wanted to be paid via them. Now, I will be closing my acct and probably won't do "business" with anyone who requires it.

Sorry folks.....

A lot of people cancelled them even with their new FLIP FLOP.

A lot of people QUIT THEM several years ago and some even longer.

I never did business with them. I do not trust them NOW for sure. I did not trust them in the past too.

Take care!

Cate

Gab Pay has just started up. Gab has been around long enough and grown enough that I trust them.

I posted about on this in the private section. Here's a summary of the latest:
PayPay's contract still provides for a $2500 fine (per incident) for using their service to promote "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". What exactly constitutes the above is at their "sole discretion".

Gab Pay has just started up. Gab has been around long enough and grown enough that I trust them.

I posted about on this in the private section. Here's a summary of the latest:
PayPay's contract still provides for a $2500 fine (per incident) for using their service to promote "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". What exactly constitutes the above is at their "sole discretion".

Good. Let them keep going woke. The more the better. The more they do this the more it will make people find a way to not use them. Then they to can find out when you go woke you go broke.

I don't particularlly like paypal, but have had an account since the beginning. It is often times difficult to avoid without exposing yourself more to potential fraud. I only use it now when it's a "must", but one thing that make it difficult to cut all ties with them is that they are about the only service that works internationally. Many of the others are only supported in the U.S.

I recently set up venmo, but really don't like that either. I primarily use a laptop, which is not as "friendly" with venmo and it's a much longer process entering payee information. Type in the ID, scroll the list looking and selecting the right one, verify it's the right person by entering the last 4 digits of their phone number....

I also dont like giving out my actual bank account info. So with venmo I actually fund with my paypal debit card that is funded by a CC where I can still get my cash back rewards. That sucks though because any money received via venmo is stuck and only useable via venmo.

Paypal, copy and paste the address and you're done.

It may be out there, but I've yet to find the perfect solution. Pros and cons with each a person may not really like, I would imagine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top