JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to do this but must admit I'm a little intimidated!

Has anybody here copied a bunch of recall signature sheets and solicited signatures independent of the Chief Petitioners (I think that is the right term) and then brought them in or mailed them in yourself?

Did you set up on a Street Corner, go door to door?

How did you verify the District the signer was in?

Did you have a prepared short Speech or said something off the cuff as to why they need recalling?
I feel it's Important to have more than just SB941 as a reason to recall. Riley for instance said Slavery was right for the time. Val Hoyle wanted DLs for Illegals. We need to have a few hot button Issues in our toolbox of talking points!

Who has got Signatures from other than friends and family and how did you go about it????
Who is planning to do this and what is your plan????

I copied the petition forms from NWF site, which already have a bit of information on them about why the Representatives in my district should be recalled. I made quite a few copies at the library and have been talking to people I know about SB941, and they in turn talk to people they know. I give out extra petitions to be signed by friends of friends, too. As for getting valid signatures in my District, seeing as so many don't know what District they are in I ask them if they remember having to choose between Chuck Riley and Bruce Starr.....that always seems to clarify a memory of whether they're in my District or not, in either a positive or a negative way ;) I also left some at a local gun shop.
Finally, I will make follow up calls to collect signed petitions, go collect them, mail them, and hope they are all within the proper district.
I have not approached strangers yet.

I've only knocked on doors as a kid collecting money for Jerry Lewis and Muscular Dystrophy and got Sponsors for a march of dimes thing or School fund drives, Nothing as an adult.

Anti-gun Progressives do this stuff ALL THE TIME. They must be wired different cause it scares the crap outta me! Maybe through this thread we can share some experiences and get some ideas on how exactly STEP BY STEP to do this the right way. Maybe this can be a place to plan spots to canvas or to pair up!

We all have to get involved and get out of our comfort zone if we are going to rescue this State from California style restrictions.
As they all admitted openly. SB941 was only a first Step!

...Anti-gun Progressives do this stuff ALL THE TIME. They must be wired different cause it scares the crap outta me! ...

Two reasons:
  1. They are used to asking others to give them things, so it's no different than any thing else they feel entitled to.
  2. They believe that they are better able to make your decisions for you than you are, so have no trouble explaining exactly why you should sign as told.

We tried to get groups (NRA, GOP) to give us canvasing lists. Addresses of supporters in the district so we can target them for signatures but nothing. We can get some information from the secretary of state's office as an official request but have to pay for it. we are looking into that now. But just going to people's homes who we already know are supporters will save a ton of time.

Please just be aware that everything you say must be factual. There must not be any unture statement said while trying to convince someone that they should sign. Also keep in mind that some people with the opposite viewpoint will try to occupy your time with a debate and prevent you from getting other people. Its all about making contact with as many people as possible.

Please just be aware that everything you say must be factual.

After all, you can't make things up like the Democrats (and some Reps) do.:rolleyes::rolleyes:o_Oo_O

Just a side note from YEARS of experience...

If you don't feel comfortable in your KNOWLEDGE of what you are fighting for, learn more before you hit the streets.:cool:

Years ago I found that once I felt comfortable with the "topic of discussion", it was MUCH EASIER to talk about it.

Once I REALIZED that I would NEVER know 100% about ANYTHING, I relaxed.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.:s0022:
I can give financial support when the time comes:D:cool:

Two reasons:
  1. They are used to asking others to give them things, so it's no different than any thing else they feel entitled to.
  2. They believe that they are better able to make your decisions for you than you are, so have no trouble explaining exactly why you should sign as told.
They never knew Stuart Smalley was a comedy skit I guess.
BTW I thought of other businesses that might be willing to keep a few Petitions around. Any Army Surplus Stores in or near these districts? People that are looking for old web gear and Alice Packs would pretty much be the same types that would be irritated by SB941. My other idea would be places like the Moose Lodge. Older gun friendly types I would imagine might be willing to help.
So anyway it seems like not too many have tried what I'm proposing. Gathering signatures door to door or on a street corner somewhere.

We tried to get groups (NRA, GOP) to give us canvasing lists. Addresses of supporters in the district so we can target them for signatures but nothing. We can get some information from the secretary of state's office as an official request but have to pay for it. we are looking into that now. But just going to people's homes who we already know are supporters will save a ton of time.
I'd almost prefer door to door. The chances that they are eligible to Vote in that district that you know is the right district by mapping it first is pretty good. Start with a subdivision on the edge of the district and cross it off. Then work the next one and cross it off. Addresses of NRA, GOP, supporters would help but what's the worst that could happen? Some anti yells at you to "GET OFF MY LAWN!" Just move on to the next home.
I'd really like to give it a go soon.
Best time of day would be after 5pm I'd imagine on any weekday.

Slightly off topic, but there is a petition in my state to stop ivory imports and protect endangered species bla bla bla. But I've noticed they have many young minority's standing outside of wall mart. I'm sure they are getting paid. When its a white guy I notice everyone ignores them, but when its a black person people stop, and sign.

so the point is maybe we need to find or pay young minority's to get the signatures, because no one wants to be a seen as a racist, and the liberals love to prove they aren't. That's just my two cents on getting more signatures, and a broader support base

I've collected signatures before (to end tax payer funded abortions in Oregon). The first 10 or so people you approach is hard but after that it's rather easy and you develop your own style.

Gathering signatures isn't about debating people it's about asking, or sometimes saying "have you signed the petition to recall Riley?" and then asking if they are a registered voter and of course proper district.

He with most signatures gets free lunch by everyone else that day.

Slightly off topic, but there is a petition in my state to stop ivory imports and protect endangered species bla bla bla. But I've noticed they have many young minority's standing outside of wall mart. I'm sure they are getting paid. When its a white guy I notice everyone ignores them, but when its a black person people stop, and sign.

so the point is maybe we need to find or pay young minority's to get the signatures, because no one wants to be a seen as a racist, and the liberals love to prove they aren't. That's just my two cents on getting more signatures, and a broader support base
Maybe I should try some Al Jolsen Blackface make-up and wear a Rainbow Flag T-Shirt to increase my chances LOL!

What's the deadline(s) for all the going recalls BTW? I know the clock is ticking.

REPORT!................................ REPORT!

Racist Remark!.................You Bass-Turd!

OK.:s0111:............:s0111:.............................:s0111:..........................................:s0111:...,

and I understand the humor in that statement:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Poking fun of white progressives who blindly Kowtow to minorities and alternative lifestyle people?, GUILTY!

Racist or bigoted towards rainbow T-shirt wearers aka homophobic? (hate that term btw) NO SIR!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery as you know.

Posing as a Gay black man in order to get signatures from mindless self hating of their race and culture white Progressive anti-gun Drones............

Dishonest is what you'd call it I guess:D

A little disheartened no one has posted that they plan on trying to walk the Districts for signatures yet.

our volunteer coordinator wasnt able to keep working with us. We had forms for volunteers to pick up at the 2 gun shop days last wee for people to pick up but only had a few. Difficult to coordinate with just us 3 who work full time. I was hoping to meet with someone today who was going to volunteer as the coordinator but have not heard back from him.

our volunteer coordinator wasnt able to keep working with us. We had forms for volunteers to pick up at the 2 gun shop days last wee for people to pick up but only had a few. Difficult to coordinate with just us 3 who work full time. I was hoping to meet with someone today who was going to volunteer as the coordinator but have not heard back from him.

Sounds like you need a retiree or two with no kids or work obligations. A Forum like this should have no shortage. Despite my screen name I don't quite fall into that category just yet.

My own loosely forming plan is to get a bunch of copies a map and start sporadically yet systematically walking the west 11th neighborhood knocking on doors. I have an hour or two free every day pretty much where I'm not working or watching kids. Might bring the kids along in the late afternoons and evenings if I get an OK from the Wife.

I was hoping to make this thread a kind of coordinating HQ of sorts to maybe plan routes not yet canvased, strategize or for people to pair up etc.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top