JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anybody who has a cz75d pcr have a recommendation for the 9mm round that shoots best through them, 115 grain or 124 or 147 grain?
For some reason my 75BD shoots better with lighter bullets. I had a bunch of .380 weights bullets (90-100 gr) that I loaded up and then 115 gr and then 125 gr. I tried them all and The difference was slight but noticeable. I have a bunch of 125 gr Speer JSP so I am shooting those up and I can live with the 1.5" +/- grouping at 25 yards! I had several ragged one hole groups with the 90 grain (rested) but would never load them as 'regular' ammo. Nice thing was the 75 cycled the light rounds with no problems.

Last Edited:
Although I would love to have a CZ 75B or 85, I have a collection of Tanfoglio TA90 CZ clones (EAA) and an Ultra in .41 Action Express that are as good or better than the original CZs. Tanfoglio took the best from the CZ 75 and improved on them. The balance and feel are exactly the same as the CZs and many parts were interchangeable for years. There is something about the grip and balance of both that just feels right in my hand.

Anybody who has a cz75d pcr have a recommendation for the 9mm round that shoots best through them, 115 grain or 124 or 147 grain?

I run 124gr in all my CZs. Shoots really nice and soft even in the pcr. Tried 147gr in the 75B but didn't like it as much. For me at 6-10 yards the 115gr tracks just like the 124s do. POA=POI. Fun all steel blasters.

I'm going to take your advice, thank you for the heads up.

Well, I missed the ARPC gun show, which was my best local option to handle one.. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.

Don't know if you get to Eugene at all, but Mazamas guns usually has a decent selection of CZs ("decent" meaning 3 or 4 models at a time...).
Might give them a call...

I'm going to take your advice, thank you for the heads up.

Well, I missed the ARPC gun show, which was my best local option to handle one.. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.

If your an ARPC member your welcome to give all of ours a try. Likely going to get back into a more regimented schedule of every other Thursday's, Monday's & maybe Tuesday mornings down there once the weather warms up.

A recent few rounds from my CZ of 125 gr. JSP Speer at 25 yards.
IMG_04461.jpg

Don't know if you get to Eugene at all, but Mazamas guns usually has a decent selection of CZs ("decent" meaning 3 or 4 models at a time...).
Might give them a call...

I'm going down for the Spring Game tomorrow, I'll see if the wife will let me wander down West 11th afterwards.

If your an ARPC member your welcome to give all of ours a try. Likely going to get back into a more regimented schedule of every other Thursday's, Monday's & maybe Tuesday mornings down there once the weather warms up.

Very nice, thank you. I'm rejoining ARPC in July, I was a member for several years before I moved away. I have really missed it there. There is still nothing comparable to ARPC nearby, even as Salem grows, which I think is a real missed opportunity.

A recent few rounds from my CZ of 125 gr. JSP Speer at 25 yards.
View attachment 359796

25 yards, my kind of pistol shooting.. love it

...Very nice, thank you. I'm rejoining ARPC in July, I was a member for several years before I moved away. I have really missed it there. There is still nothing comparable to ARPC nearby, even as Salem grows, which I think is a real missed opportunity...

Your welcome. Keep an eye on the orientations, just noticed the other day that the next few coming up are booked full. Not sure how far in advance you can schedule them. Might be worth a look see, if you haven't allready.

I was at ticklicker firearms in Salem (GREAT little shop) and they had a CZ75B Omega someone ordered and never paid for. After holding it in my hand a few minutes, I could not get it out of my head.. This thing was made for the range. The following Monday I went back in and bought it.

IMO the Omega trigger seems to solve the length of pull issues of the Standard B model. I don't have NBA sized hands but I can get comfortable purchase on it. Whomever said the Omega DA is similar to a GP100 was right, I have both and can attest to that.. The SA has a bit of squishy take-up but is otherwise light and breaks cleanly. It's probably not fair to compare all triggers to the 1911 :)

I'm very happy with this purchase. These pistols are an excellent value for < $600.

Took a new shooter out yesterday. She couldn't hit much with the Sig P220 & P229 but was hitting a lot with the CZ P07. Granted the othe two were larger calibers but the variations were huge.

Even though CZ's sights are generally poor in my view their pistols are natural shooters. The CZ Phantom being the top of them all.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top