JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
T'was reading on another forum that someone posted that they have put over 2100 rounds through their CZ 75B and have never cleaned it. Ever! Said he just oiled it at times and nothing else. Gawd, he even posted pics of the insides and it was awful. Dirty would be an understatement. Says it still shoots just fine. I don't think he was ever in the military or old DI tapes about filthy weapons would still be ringing in his ears. LOL They are in mine. I cannot shoot anything without cleaning it when I get it home. That's just me though.

Range only guns "we" (...moreso I...) clean them "every once in a while". There's only so much time floating around...

Any gun which serves as a PDW (carries, house guns, shotguns, AR's) gets cleaned every use.

We do have a few range only guns which are exactly the same as a few of the PDW's, & it is interesting to see how dirty they can get & still function OK. The range only ones are kept in another safe, so I'm not as concerned about grabbing something which may not be 100%...if a need were to arise.

One of the "pluses" to having dirty range only guns matching the PDW's is as they get dirtier, odd malfunctions do kreep in which are a bit more difficult to replicate on clean ones. Makes clearing malfunctions random.

Maybe not drool quality but...
In My hands, This;
IMGPxc1.jpg
Out shoots this;
IMGPxc4.jpg

Hands down.
I thought it would be the other way around.

So, tell me, what is is about the CZ that makes some folks such ravenous fans? I've owned Glocks, S&W's, Rugers, Sigs, Berettas, and a host of others, but never a CZ. So I am wondering, what makes them so great? I've heard they are a natural point and shoot gun - they just fit the hand really well and naturally go to the point of aim, perhaps more so than some other guns?

I was looking at a P-08 19-round 9mm that looked pretty interesting - price seemed reasonable too. Maybe one day I'll have to think about adding one to the collection. Until then, what is it about these guns that make such big fans?

Cannot speak for everyone, just me. From my forum name you know that I am a 1911 lover. Something about a 1911 platform that just floats my boat. A weapon system and a firearm that were literally made for one another. My lovely daughter is the one who got her Dad interested in her 9mm preference. She's a Glock gal but I never warmed up much to a polymer pistol. I prefer an all metal pistol - old school. Did some research for a 9mm pistol, all metal, where the firearm and the pistol were developed together. I eventually ran across the CZs. I had never heard of them before that. The more reviews I read the more curious I became. Eventually bought a matte stainless CZ 75B sight unseen from my LGS. Opened the box and, just wow! Never have regretted that first purchase. The thing felt so familiar in my hand. A natural point-shoot combat weapon. Well made, inside rails and was accurate as a house on fire. Quick on field strips and cleaning. What was not to love including the cost effective price point? Besides that matte stainless is sexy looking too. Used it as a carry piece for quite awhile but it was a touch too large to be completely comfortable for all day wear. That's why I eventually picked up the CZ 75D pcr. It's a slightly smaller version of its big brother. Using a Bianchi #100 leather IWB holster I can carry it all day and I don't notice it at all. It has all the ergos of its big brother but as comfortable as a Shield for all day wear. 14+1 capacity. Besides, it looks so cool! haha .45/1911 and 9mm/CZ are great combos for an old guy who loves all metal guns. Never seen one "blown up" as I have seen more than a couple of the poly pistols. Yeah etrain16, they are that good IMHO. Worth a second look. Pops

In my humble opinion, part of it is the novelty! Totally different configuration, that works really well. They are priced like a middle of the road handgun for top quality. There's a special feel to the mating of the slide to frame...Something like the way two oiled glass sheets would feel sliding together. I'll say I have no idea how their plastic guns feel though. We have three full size all steel CZs in the house. Well, one of them is a Tanfoglio, but that's the same platform.

So, tell me, what is is about the CZ that makes some folks such ravenous fans? I've owned Glocks, S&W's, Rugers, Sigs, Berettas, and a host of others, but never a CZ. So I am wondering, what makes them so great? I've heard they are a natural point and shoot gun - they just fit the hand really well and naturally go to the point of aim, perhaps more so than some other guns?

I was looking at a P-08 19-round 9mm that looked pretty interesting - price seemed reasonable too. Maybe one day I'll have to think about adding one to the collection. Until then, what is it about these guns that make such big fans?

200 yards with a pistol and they are very reliable.

Basically everything you said and more - price (not as good as it used to be before they were 'discovered') one of the few all steel nines, excellent accuracy with all ammo and more ergonomic than NEARLY any other semi. When I bought my CZ 75 BD I knew little to nothing about them - now I don't think I would own any other (except a 1911 9mm or maybe an INOX) but regardless nearly semi-auto perfection. Detractors are small sights, the Dura Coat finish (or whatever it is - is wearing at POC with the holster) and the relatively long trigger pull on the decocker model - but getting smoother with use.

Expanded my CZ family, finally got my CZ Scorpion Evo. Immediately slapped on a shockwave. Can't wait to put some rounds through it. Looks really good next to my SP-01 tactical. First can is still in jail, but they are begging to have one slapped on there. Form 1 for the Scorpion being worked on.
IMG_1774.JPG
IMG_1782.JPG IMG_1775.JPG

For The CZ Lovers >>> Budsgunshop.com has surplus (used) CZ 75B's for sale at great prices and they have theolder "Pre B's" as well. both full size and compact in various condition. They had some last year and they sold out fast.
Yes, I already ordered one...:rolleyes:

Nice to find this thread. I am also a 1911 lover who is considering a CZ-75 ("B" or "D" model, haven't decided yet). I like the history and the capacity. My only reservation is there is nowhere in the mid-Valley that stocks them. However, they're going for just under $600 online and considering the demand, I'm willing to buy it sight unseen. I can quickly flip it if I don't love it.

Some of you have said the CZ shoots POA = POI, and I love that about my 1911's. I hope it's true for me with the CZ75 as well.

Although their polymer pistols are excellent it's the steel that captures what CZ is about. CZ75, P-01or other metal guns.

Nice to find this thread. I am also a 1911 lover who is considering a CZ-75 ("B" or "D" model, haven't decided yet). I like the history and the capacity. My only reservation is there is nowhere in the mid-Valley that stocks them. However, they're going for just under $600 online and considering the demand, I'm willing to buy it sight unseen. I can quickly flip it if I don't love it.

Some of you have said the CZ shoots POA = POI, and I love that about my 1911's. I hope it's true for me with the CZ75 as well.

Ticklicker in Salem had CZ 75 tactical sport a few weeks back when I picked our PS90. That CZ is too big for me to consider as a carry. Heck of a nice firearm though!

Just don't pick one of those up until you've handled a B or D, unless you have huge paws.

The grips as issued on it are quite a bit wide for me, as compared to the 75B's which we run stock. My current carry is a RAMI, with a D PCR second to that. Could carry a 75B in the winter, with a jacket, and do carry them around camp/house on occasion.

Anybody who has a cz75d pcr have a recommendation for the 9mm round that shoots best through them, 115 grain or 124 or 147 grain?
NATO/military power type stuff. S&B ball is a fair and easily got equivalent for practice.
For carry, I'd go with a quality +p or +p+ JHP that you can get in boxes of 50.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top