JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just noticed the WSMA has started filling out the 2017 PNW Rondy schedule on their website (yeah the title pops up as 2016 but the dates are 2017)

<broken link removed>

My must go is Barlow Trail in July 'cause it's my home club.

Cabin fever will probably get me pretty soon and I'll try for Rain De Vous, Horse Ridge or Spring Thaw in Feb/March. Trade gun frolic in April. May is a conundrum as we end up with too many shoots and not enough time.

Time to start running ball.

We have one at our club the weekend after Mothers day.
Plus there will be at least one more from a different club at our site.

My friend Dave and I with our collection will be at the 1838 rendezvous again this year.
( July )
While not a "rendezvous" per say , I am so looking forward to the big black powder gun show at Monroe in march. :D
Andy

Last Edited:
First rendezvous I ever attended was Barlow Trail when it was held on the edge of some school grounds in Sandy. I showed up in Baggy Airforce greens and a Camo Marine corp cover. After the laughing I meet a nice group of very helpful guys and gals. At the second one we attended we got the best dog I have ever had from another club member. Would have been around 1981.

While not a "rendezvous" per say , I am so looking forward to the big black powder gun show at Monroe in march. :D
Andy

Wish they would open up the RV lot for this. It would make the trip a whole lot easier. Guess they figure March is too early for "camping".

First rendezvous I ever attended was Barlow Trail when it was held on the edge of some school grounds in Sandy. I showed up in Baggy Airforce greens and a Camo Marine corp cover. After the laughing I meet a nice group of very helpful guys and gals. At the second one we attended we got the best dog I have ever had from another club member. Would have been around 1981.

It's up on Mt Hood, just east of Government Camp (North of the traffic Island formed by 35 and 26). We've been getting well over 100 shooters the last few years and a pretty good sized primitive camp gets set up. Last few years a Korean exchange student group has been showing up and we've been showing them fire starting, shooting etc.. while they practice their English.

Oh I think the last time we attended was at the Clubs home range still near Sandy. I used to do just about all of them in Oregon a few big ones in WA and a couple in CA.

We did one near Klamath falls (might have been Alturus) that like 4 vehicles showed up and we were so broke when we got there (I was a trader so at times counted on selling something at least to get home) that we had to borrow some money to get home and made it into town with less then the fuel in the carb left. Had to pour a little gas in the carb on the old dodge van to get it to start at the gas pumps. FUN TRIP

First year we did Jed Smith I think I owned 8 firearms over the course of the event and came home with 3 LOL. That was my first introduction to Apple Pie. A tip never puke right outside the Tunnel door to your mountain tent. Makes getting to breakfast a PITA

Most interesting was the Western Nationals in Utah on Elizabeth ridge where the primitive Rendezvous was so high that the Cessna 152 that was hired by some guy to fly over the camp so he could take photos was barely able to maintain altitude. The camp was at 13500 so he had to be pushing 15000 to get any distance from the camp Service ceiling on a Cessna 152 is 14,700 of course the pilot is supposed to be on Oxy about 12000 LOL The photos were great though the guy had some 1 hour photo shop make up 5x7's and a few larger he sold out in a few minutes and then sold a whole second box of them he had made up. Smart guy, I sold bubblegum for the whole week barely made gas and expenses and the electrical system in my van became one with itself some where east of Burns on the way home. Had to hack the battery cable with a $400 display bowie knife luckily it worked in one blow and didn't damage the knife (it later won an award at the Bay Area Knife Show) interesting times trying to make a living as a Custom Knifemaker and Black powder trader.

Made it to Spring Thaw in Littlerock. Weather sucked but the sun came out Sunday morning for the 5-stand

Scott kept it primitive despite the weather. Rest of us were in tin tee pees.
IMG_0085.JPG

The Interlake Mountain Men are holding their Rendezvous at the Skagit site on 2nd-4th of June.
Contact me via PM for details...
Edit to add , the museum will not be there ... :( It is very tiring to set up during the school year , but I will bring extra powder and ball to share for my rifle.
Andy

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top