JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I was just a lil squirt we used to chase bears with some of my dads (Nestucca) high school buddies but since they banned dogs it was never a solid thought in my mind until recently that I missed elk season due to knee surgery and needed to get out of the house.

I got a wild hair a couple years ago and started hunting them in the spring, MAN 'O MAN!!! Besides bow hunting elk, spring bears are my 2nd favorite thing to hunt!

I'm a third generation PC Doryman so this year I'd really like to focus some time on fall bears in August. Bottom fish for ling in the AM, clean up, glass cuts in the evening 'till dark and do it all over again... Ol Gus Orviston ain't got nothing on my "perfect schedule" lol
Used to be Doryman also, lot's of fun. Pc is not what it used to be….

Mine was called "Ya Butt". Little secret for you, go to town lake catch yourself some trout the bigger the better. Freeze them whole and don't gut them. Use them with fixed two hook mooching rig and a banana lead. I would use a long leader and 1/2 hitch along body of trout. Get ready for some big ling cod, halibut etc….
Back on topic I have killed three bears in the Nestucca area. Berries, water, stunk cabbage and grass. Most of the time I just bumped right in to them. I had to put three rounds in to one to kill it and it made some god awful nosies before it finely went down. Watch out for Cougars also I have seen quite a few in the area.

We've tried the town lake shuffle before with mixed results. That 2nd bear I killed soaked up 3 first shot was quartering to up hill entered and broke the shoulder went through a far side rib and lodged under the skin in the far backstrap. Spun and came running by me at about 8yds on 3 legs and I connected again with one to the spine at about the short ribs which
anchored it and #3 was the coup de gras behind the shoulder

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top