JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Worth saving?

20170621_222717_HDR.jpg 20170621_222812_HDR.jpg 20170621_222845_HDR.jpg 20170621_222927_HDR.jpg 20170621_222944_HDR.jpg

Might be worth saving.
Do you have the rest of the rifle ?
Just depends on how much you paid and how much work you wish to put into it.
If the bore is good , it might make a fun project rifle.

As stated above dunk the action or spray the action with solvent.
I like to use : CLP , G96 or KROIL for this.
Clean up the stock , epoxy and pin the broken pieces back together ... And you could have a nice .22 rifle again.
All just by putting in a little time over a weekend or two.
Andy

Looks like someone wasn't cleaning their gun. Just looks like a really dirty gun to me. My brother's model 60 looked just like that inside when I finally got it apart. It cleaned up very well - just needed a new buffer, which are cheap to buy. As for the stock, definitely time for a new one. Maybe if you're lucky you can find one used online.

I'd strip it, clean it, reassemble it and shoot it. Bore looks okay I assume?

BTW, if you're not familiar with how to takedown a Model 60, there are a number of videos on YT that will walk you through the process. Just don't bend the spring when you're putting it back together.

I actually got 2 a glenfield model 60 and a marlin model 60 with 4 ×10 scope aThe other marlin has a great condition stock and both bores a great sat in a storage unit!

Last Edited:
Might be worth saving.
Do you have the rest of the rifle ?
Just depends on how much you paid and how much work you wish to put into it.
If the bore is good , it might make a fun project rifle.

As stated above dunk the action or spray the action with solvent.
I like to use : CLP , G96 or KROIL for this.
Clean up the stock , epoxy and pin the broken pieces back together ... And you could have a nice .22 rifle again.
All just by putting in a little time over a weekend or two.
Andy
Going back and fourth on the stock issue what do you think andy? I paid 25 for each rifle

I'm pretty cheap ... I mean frugal :D ... And I like to reuse stuff.
I'd try and fix the issue stock first ... then if its too much trouble or just doesn't work , order another one.
Andy

I the model 60's I've owned are any indication, it's not the best wood. But, if properly prepped and pinned, it could be done. Would be a fun project. If it didn't work out, maybe a new Boyd's stock would be a possibility.

You should have seen the guts of the .22 short pump rifles used at the old long gone shooting gallery in the old Frontier Land in Disneyland Anaheim California way back in about 1965.

I do not know if that shooting galley is even there today.

My summer job at Disneyland was sweeping and cleaning the grounds between the gate and the shooting gallery. One weekend they put me to work cleaning the gallery guns. Totally fouled.

The guns were bought brand new and never cleaned. Never.

But ... the shooting galley guns still racked and shot! Amazing. I bet with some time and fun you can turn your new purchase into almost like new condition. Or at least perfectly clean condition. :)

Edited by HB. I got drafted cleaning the guns because I knew kinda about them plus I was in the High School RIFLE CLUB! Disneyland actually called up my HS and confirmed! 1965!

Last Edited:
here some updated pics guys sorry it took so long I had everything in order and then my father which lives with me decided to clear the whole entire bench and dumped all of my solvent in my guitar case with my guitar in it which is an 80s sunburst gibson les paul and decided to throw away the bag which contained most parts

20170622_225815_HDR.jpg 20170622_225842_HDR.jpg

I am! thanks hb put a huge smile on my face! Even though my guitar is a little solvent smelly im still having dang fun getting lost in this thing :) thanks again hb