JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow lets see-
A) Company should refuse selling 15 items sitting on their shelf at what ~$900, in hopes that they may move the remainder in a week.
It was $800, and companies across multiple industries limit quantities on hot items to prevent scalping and increase foot traffic to their business. It's actually in Wholesale Sport's best interest to limit quantities; I'm betting the 1 guy who purchased 15 KSGs bought zero accessories/ammunition to go with it, whereas 15 separate customers buying a single KSG would have been more likely to buy accessories/ammunition. Scopes, irons, flashlights, lasers, slings, grips, and more...all things that Wholesale Sports sells, which in turn helps them keep their doors open and their employees with a paycheck.

B) Someone beet you to the punch because you didn't pick up a phone and CALL to verify in stock or to have them hold one.
No argument there; if you want a hot item, be prepared to call around a lot.

C) Let's get mad someones trying to make $$$.
As another forum member pointed out, doesn't buying a firearm with the intent to resell it at a profit require an FFL?

That's his risk- in the event Keltec catches up he's now sitting on alot of $$$$$. If he flips them first good for him. You can choose to pay more now to have the item you want, or keep hunting. No one is MAKING you look for this gun
As a forum made up of firearm enthusiasts, there's no rule saying we have to be cordial towards scalpers either. A NIB KSG marked up by 50% over MSRP sitting in somebody's living room is one less firearm being used by someone who actually wants to shoot it.

Let me be the first to tell you that the world is not always fair!
Decent people don't go around rat finking off everyone that they don't like. Even in a prison culture snitches are just one notch up from the bottom of the barrel of social order. This guy has done nothing to endanger anybody. Why would you even say something like that? You're the one that scares me.

I'm scary because I am willing to point out illegal activity? You're right you need to be scared... Coz i'm an evil person....

Just to be clear, there's no need to call the ATF... Ffl's by law need to report multiple sales to the ATF... They already know...

In this political climate, they're just itching to make a bust... And make the news...

Worse if he purchased across state lines... That makes it more sensational...

Let's see if that doesn't hurt us all...

mmmm beet punch.

I agree it would've been in Wholesale Sports' best interest to limit the quantity, as it would have brought in more foot traffic. (kind of hard to dispute that)

I tend to doubt they'd make this same mistake again.

Ok, so when I come across opportunist pieces of bubblegum that feel it is appropriate to try and rip people off for 50% above selling price on any gun I add them to a list. Once on the list, I would not buy as much as a postage stamp at half price from the piece of bubblegums.... Not much, but is all that we have the right to do on this forum without receiving a "warning" infraction... Just another example of how you are not able to use your first amendment rights... If I were a moderator on this site and some some POS attempting to rap members like this, I would give them the infraction and threaten to boot them off of the site.. Lets see them sell the guns then...

Yea, they said the guy has an FFL.

Did you all miss this post?

I do not agree with someone "scalping", in fact I despise it. But if it's legal, it's legal. Usually stores have a limitation on product, especially if it's on sale. Doubt they thought someone would have stepped up and bought so many of one firearm.

I am not so sure that this story is true. I purchased (1) KSG from the Portland store on Wednesday; at that time they had (4) left, and the guy beind me was buying (1) leaving (3). The girl at the front checkout told me that they had sold (5) KSG's on Tuesday. the store only received (10) KSG's total. I smell a fish!

I have so many questions about this 0_0. Why would someone with an FFL buy from a retail outfit when they could just purchase from the vendor? I do know that smaller sellers are lower on the food chain than retail outfits but with the numbers each store had he should have been able to get plenty of them.

I am not so sure that this story is true. I purchased (1) KSG from the Portland store on Wednesday; at that time they had (4) left, and the guy beind me was buying (1) leaving (3). The girl at the front checkout told me that they had sold (5) KSG's on Tuesday. the store only received (10) KSG's total. I smell a fish!

I agree, I don't believe anyone purchased that many as the math just doesn't add up. When I got the to Vancouver location (the day after PP gave us the heads up) they had seven out of ten left. I bought two, leaving five. The guy said the Portland store only received five and hadn't sold any, meaning at that time there were ten in stock total, yet we've heard from multiple people here who purchased from those ten.

Whats the fuss? They had them in stock at Silverdale on Saturday. I think they had 10. Lots of oggling but no buying of the shotguns in the 46 minutes i was at the counter.

I have so many questions about this 0_0. Why would someone with an FFL buy from a retail outfit when they could just purchase from the vendor? I do know that smaller sellers are lower on the food chain than retail outfits but with the numbers each store had he should have been able to get plenty of them.

Because vendors do not have any and most are on allocation if they did.

The real question is who in their right mind would spend that kind of money on a Keltec?
That's like paying BMW price for a Hundai.

With that being said i honestly perfer a hundai over a bmw anyday. To each his own what really worry about is why is wholesale sports releasing this information. If i buy a gun thats my busniess if i want to show it off thats my call im debating now if ill ever buy at wholesale sports again because of this

So I hear on this forum that Wholesale Sports has 9 Kel Tec KSG shotguns. I get there all excited, but then they tell me some guy came in and bought all 9 of them, and then went to there Portland store and bought the 6 they had in stock. I think that's a crappy store policy. They could have had 15 happy people instead of selling to one person. i figure there will be opposing opinions on this, but that's how I feel!

I get there all excited, but then they tell me some guy came in and bought all 9 of them.

Don't believe everything you hear.

Counter sales people, do some questionable things from time to time.

With that being said i honestly perfer a hundai over a bmw anyday. To each his own what really worry about is why is wholesale sports releasing this information. If i buy a gun thats my busniess if i want to show it off thats my call im debating now if ill ever buy at wholesale sports again because of this

I would bet against your statement that WS or any gun dealer for that matter released any personal information on who bought those guns to anyone without a court order. It probably went something like this...

Customer: You have any Kel-Tec KSG's left?
Counter guy: No sir, I'm sorry a customer just bought the last 5 (10, 67,439) we had left.
Customer: Well thats bubblegum! You guys should limit the ammount you sell of those, because I would have bought the rest of them if I had gotten here first.... Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Wait for the next gun to come in. Buy it. Let this guy sell his. Life goes on.
Karma will take care of this guy. And us too. You may get a way better price. Or avoid a major recall. Did you consider that?
Even if you did get it. You can hold it non stop and sleep with it for the next two weeks. It's just gona sit in the safe at some point. And then you will be all hot and bothered about the next gun!
The fact everybody has to have everything now! Is what gives scalpers there power over us.
Relax children. There are more.

Mine has a serial in the 1100 range. They really have not made that much...

Didnt sleep with it though. Its in the safe...

And i got it from wholesale in federal way when they had some.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top