Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Wholesale Sports - Vancouver

Discussion in 'Washington Reviews' started by Northwest Firearms, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Northwest Firearms

Northwest Firearms Pacific Northwest Site Maintenance

2. Thumper

Thumper Vancouver, WA Life Member Lifetime Supporter

The store manager (Brett) is a good guy, very supportive of CCA, DU, NRA and other "causes".

3. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

I'm kinda getting tired of going in there and seeing near-empty shelves. They are in the process of being bought out by a Canadian company, but that should have been completed over a month ago. The people who work there have always been helpful.

4. Tom Herman

Tom Herman Napavine, WA. Member

Typical results for a Sportsman's Warehouse visit: No powder or primers, no idea when they will be restocked. But at least they were friendly.

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

5. Intoodeep

Intoodeep Beaverton, OR Member

Did your local Sportmans get their new FFL? Last thing I heard they had to apply for a new FFL after they were sold.

6. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

I was in there a few days ago talking to the guys at the gun counter. They said the FFL was completed and the new company had taken ownership a week prior. They also said they should start seeing guns and ammo coming in now. I will believe it when I see it.

7. Tom Herman

It's actually not local to me, and I didn't know that they had issues with their FFL... I just happened to be in the area and stopped by.

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

8. Tom Herman

I hear essentially the same line at the SW store in Lacey: "The truck is coming in next week". Standard BS... I do not suffer fools well.

-Tom

9. WhyteCheddar

WhyteCheddar East of Moscow by the Willamette Well-Known Member

Remember, most of the folks working there are just like you and me. They are just repeating what their bosses told them.
    I am sure they are just as frustrated as we are. Far as I can tell they are mostly all gun owners too.
    That being said...The new owners are a Canadian company I think. Wonder what the red tape is on Foreign companies getting an FFL in the states.

10. smonkbmw

smonkbmw Vancouver WA Member

theyve been saying they are going to get more stuff in for over 5 months now.

11. Iceberg

Iceberg Washington County Active Member

Good prices, 5% discount for Vets & plenty of stock. Some examples: Kimber Custom II $698, Glock 26 $475, Beretta M9 25th $569 (Prices after 5% discount).

12. Smokey85

Smokey85 Vancouver Member

fun place to look at rifles. in between gunshows if you don't want to drive to cabelas.

13. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Sportsmans Warehouse in Lacey is finally back in stock with primers and many bullet types as of several weeks ago when I dropped by

14. 4Freedom

4Freedom Boise, Idaho Well-Known Member

The reviews are for the old Sportsman's Warehouse that was dying. Wholesale Sports IMO is the best and most reasonably priced gun store in the PDX area. They also seem to carry more reloading supplies than any other store in the area. I know these guys are the most stocked and best priced. A few days ago I need some heavy and high powered S&W 460 rounds and could not find any store in the area carrying them. They sold me a box of Buffalo Bore about $10 under retail (not even including shipping). Sadly, they are discontinuing BUffalo Bore brand which is a real bummer. Anyway, I could not find this stuff anywhere else and since they are discontinuing Buffalo Bore, I will never find it again in PDX, especially in S&W 460.

Also, check out their prices on guns, you will not find any store in the area that can compete with their pricing. The store also provides the service of transferring rifles and handguns sold at other state locations to their other stores in other states. The old Sportsman's Warehouse would never do this. This sporting goods store also has the beefiest selection of ARs, Sigs and other type of semi auto military-style rifles I have ever seen.

I am very happy these guys are around and hope they can build one in Gresham, so I don't have to drive to Happy Valley or Vancouver.

15. 20buellteam

20buellteam Near van mall Member

Purchased 3 firearms over the last year or two from Wholesale Sports. Each case was the best deal around. Great sale on Taurus items this past week with 10 percent off prices that were already pretty good. Helped my son with his first hand gun purchase as a result. I shop around like most folks gotta do these days and Wholesale Sports keeps coming out on top with a good selection @ fair prices. They offer a 30 day factory warranty return on behalf of the customer if needed. Guy next to me at the counter was getting a coaching session on field stripping, cleaning & lubing his new 1911. Tough to beat that kind of customer service! This store keeps getting better and better.

16. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

I was in Wholesale Sports a few days ago and was amazed how full all the shelves were.Not like it has been in the past by any means. Looking good.Brett !

17. fredball

fredball Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

there prices are 1/3 higher than anywhere else in town and if your looking for reloading powder you have to ask because they don't have it out on the shelf it kept in the back room for some unknown reason.
    and you will pay 6 to $ 7.00 more for a 1lb can than anywhere else in town. the sales men in the place are no different than anywhere else in town.

all in all I guess if you need something in a pinch .

18. HKFooey

HKFooey SW Washington Active Member

This place is like going to Fry's electronics, it's big, they have a lot of inventory but you better know exactly what you are looking for. I'm not impressed with the staff - they are friendly enough but they don't know much.

19. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

In the Van. store a couple months ago. I was led to the section I needed and was treated with courtesy. The firearms section was not impressive.

20. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Vancouver Well-Known Member

I like them, I usually end up buying here. Good selection, friendly folks and regular supply of ammo without the big gouge prices. I am a loyal customer.