Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Wholesale Sports..(Sportsmans warehouse)

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Box13, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Box13

Box13 Beavercreek Member

I stopped by the johnson creek Sportsmans Warehouse today and found thier sign has been taken down and a new banner put up with the"Wholesale Sports" logo.I guess the changes are gonna start showing up now.Also they were unload ing several pallets of pistol ammo.Mostly 9mm...40...and 38 spl.Just for your information...

2. timbernet

timbernet Boring, Oregon Member

Unloading unto shelves?

3. Brandon44647

Brandon44647 Portland Member

See any primers or powder ??????

4. Box13

Box13 Beavercreek Member

Yep at 3:00 they were unloading ammo onto the shelves...And nope there were no primers or powder....But I did see several types of pistol brass at Fishermans Marine supply in Oregon City...

5. timbernet

On my way over there now :-D I love working in Clackamas! So many stores that carry ammo in a short driving distance!

6. g19

g19 OR Member

Be sure to leave some for the rest of us! :D

7. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

I checked the Sportsman's in Vancouver and they were also operating as Wholesale Sports. They did NOT have any ammo though........

8. timbernet

No issue at all! I only bought three boxes, and one of those was for a fellow NWFA member...

I would have to say in 9mm, between the 124gr and 115gr... there has to be around over 500 boxes... maybe more.

Ditto with the .40...

There is a good number of .32 and I think .38 - but I didn't pay attention.

45GAP (what uses GAP? I know about Long Colt and ACP, but never seen a 45GAP gun...)

They had some Federal JHP in .40

Prices:
    .40: $17.99 (ditto for the JHP)
    9mm: $12.99

If you buy a case (20 boxes) you get a 5% discount.

No .223/5.56.
    No .22
    No .308
    No .45ACP
    No .380

Their 9mm pricing isn't TOOO bad. Cheaper than Fisherman's right now.

Now that Joe's is gone I think Fisherman's and this Wholesale Sports will get a fair amount of business. Neither place has THE BEST pricing. But they don't rip you off either (though Fishermans charging $29 for .45ACP is insane..)

9. Spray-n-pray

Glock 37 (and I think 38 & 39) use 45GAP. I am surprised to see that in stock before some others like .223.

10. timbernet

Ditto...

Completely unrelated to Wholesale Sports, but on the topic of .223... I stopped @ a BiMart on the way home and saw a case of Federal XM193 5.56 on the ground. I was tired, been up for awhile and asked the lady behind the counter if I could have 4 boxes of the .223. She said "No, we don't have .223" - I pointed at the case, she was like "That is 5.56".... Okay, technically, yes - she was right. I said "That's okay, my rifle shoots both" --- she looked confused as I said that :)

11. Grizzly_A

Grizzly_A Portland Metro Area Member

If the descriptions weren't enough to show how much ammo is available, I took a couple of pictures with my camera phone.

The top picture is all 9mm, 115gr on the left and 124gr on the right.

The 2nd picture is all .40, and some .45 GAP

Photo0230.jpg

Photo0231.jpg

Cheers!

12. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

:wow:

Maybe it's because I just drank an entire pot of coffee, but my heart started racing after I saw that picture....

13. timbernet

.... so does that mean I can keep the 9mm that I bought for you? ;):)

14. OreGunSun

OreGunSun PDX/Clackamas Member

Mines, all Mines

For Fellow Lord of the Rings fans :laugh: Really it's all mines - Just Kidding ! Glad to see that ammo supplies are starting to get better -

I know that part of the issue at sportsmans was the previous owner got his credit frozen last fall - so no funds for new items - that with last Falls credit freeze for so many businesses.

15. RAWII

RAWII Salem, Or. Member

I was just at the Salem store yesterday. Not much to see. Very little ammo and a few more pistols. Still very bleak and barron. Hopefully we will see a turn around soon.

16. MacBookProAR

MacBookProAR Stayton Member

Salem had that much 9mm the other day when I was in there. I didn't need any so I didn't buy any, but I did see someone buying 3k rounds. he said I have a "store" and haven't been able to get any of this to sell. I showed some restraint because it was obvious that he had no "store".

17. Spray-n-pray

Vancouver Sportsman's (or Wholesale, or whatever) has NIL for ammo. It has been kind of a joke. Every time I go in, I ask them at the gun counter "do y'all sell any guns here?" They always reply "well, we used to." It would be kind of funny if it weren't so sad. :(