JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That store can eat a fat one. My wife bought me a gift card and a week later they wouldn't honor it once they were bought out. :angry:

Seriously? I have not bought much at the Lacey store and the reloading selection is still skimpy but that is low down yellow bellied of them

It's actually kind of funny but I have never even been to Cabelas

I needed a scope mount instead of waiting a week from my wholesaler i was in medford and went to Sportsmans Wharehouse to get one. I had 4 employees walk by me with no customer service. Left and will not be back.... That place sucks...

The Bend store SUCKS also !!!!!! Shop @ Bi-Mart !!!!!

QFT! I stood at the gun counter for 15 mins and didn't even get a "we'll be with you as soon as we can" or "how you doing" or anything. Every employee walked right by me without a word or stood off in some corner BSing with each other. I just walked out after a while. Won't even bother stopping in there again. They lost my business.

Like anything don't expect one stop shopping anywhere but the Bend WS has hands down the best selection of reloading supplies (including bulk cast bullets) in Central Oregon. Pretty good selection of guns too. I use WS a lot due to convenience and selection with Bi-Mart next in line.

I've been to the Portland and Salem locations and have had good experiences with them both. The prices are very "middle of the road" and the customer service is decent. Fred at the Portland location is awesome (usually works weekends).

Better selection and prices than Cabela's by far. Cheaper than most of the smaller local shops too. I don't really pay that much attention to service since I don't need help all the time and find it nicer not to be bothered while I am shopping. Haven't had any bad customer service experiences there. The price is the main thing for me.

I've only been in Wholesale Sports a handful of times, but something struck me as bad customer service a couple days ago at the SE Portland location.

They have signs up on their ammo to not open boxes....I'm assuming this is because of people potentially switching more expensive ammo into other boxes or some other reason???

Anyways this guy a few feet down was peeking into a box of ammo when the guy from the gun counter started yelling at the guy saying "the signs say this .....can't you read" or something along those lines. The customer quietly folded the flap down and left while I just stood there thinking what the hell.

I understand the customer had violated their strange rule, but for god's sake.....don't go ripping on the guy in front of everyone else.

There is a newer Sportsmans Warehouse in south hill Puyalup that took over the GI Joes location, I believe it's private owned but not sure. A nice stock of all reloading goods and guns.

I've only been in Wholesale Sports a handful of times, but something struck me as bad customer service a couple days ago at the SE Portland location.

They have signs up on their ammo to not open boxes....I'm assuming this is because of people potentially switching more expensive ammo into other boxes or some other reason???

Anyways this guy a few feet down was peeking into a box of ammo when the guy from the gun counter started yelling at the guy saying "the signs say this .....can't you read" or something along those lines. The customer quietly folded the flap down and left while I just stood there thinking what the hell.

I understand the customer had violated their strange rule, but for god's sake.....don't go ripping on the guy in front of everyone else.

This is done so ammo cannot be tampered with. It avoids lawsuits for them and if you open the boxes with blatant signs that say not to, you are trespassing and should be treated as such.

I have shopped at the SE Portland location. The signs are there for a reason. Even if we don't know what it is they are there for all to see and heed.

If I want to look at some ammo I just pick out the boxes I'm interested in and take them to the gun counter and ask if they can be opened. With the clerk standing there I've never been turned down the opportunity to look before I buy.

Overall service is generally pretty good. Some very knowledgeable and some not so. Seem to be getting better and better with stocking all through the store. Prices can be hit and miss so something to watch. Sale prices tend to be very good (at least for things I've been interested in).

Wholesale CS report: 11/23/2012

I decided that the price and timing were right for me to get me a Ruger SR22 today. Both Wholesale and Fisherman's had them for the same price today, but, Wholesale was closer to home and I had a gift card that someone had given me, which, even though I tend to favor Fisherman's, gave the edge to Wholesale. Now, I have read many of the reviews/rants/gripes about Wholesale (the one I live near is 82nd Ave.) and have had occasions where I felt ignored/intimidated at the gun counter there. So, today, knowing how busy it would be, I figured if I couldn't get a word in edgewise, I would just walk away. I walked in to see dozens of people sitting around by the counter. Not sure what was going on, I waited on the fringes to assess the situation. Turns out most of the people were waiting out the BG check. So I approached the counter when a nice young gal asked if she could help me. I told her what I was after, she retrieved one for me and started the paper work with a smile. I asked how long the wait they were experiencing was and told her that I had a vet appointment and would need to come back for the gun. She explained that I needed to wait in the store during the check, so I asked if she would mind putting the gun aside and I would come back to buy it in a couple of hours. She gladly put my name and half filled out form on the box and stashed it for me.

When I returned, the crowd was larger and more scrambled. I, again, hovered until I saw my opening. And older gent (who I know I have seen before in my previous negative experiences) asked who was next. "Me!" I raised my hand. I explained there was a gun on hold for me, he retrieved it, we finished the paper work with some enjoyable banter, and I began my wait. I must have been waiting for about an hour and a half. In that time, and with all those people waiting, not once did I see a single customer be ignored, scolded, or bullied in any way. There were 5 or 6 reps working the counter and they all had phenomenal attitudes; and in the most hectic day of the retail year.

So, this is not to say that I am sold on Wholesale Sports in just one trip. I am sure the manager really let the staff know that they needed to stay cool today and that would keep things flowing. My hope is that the next time I go in (and I will go in again based on this experience) that it is as positive as the experience I had today.

Tip-o-the-hat to the staff at SE PDX Wholesale Sports for the service they provided for me and many others today. Keep up the good work and change some of the opinions expressed in these threads.

Happy Holidays to all.

DY

I needed a scope mount instead of waiting a week from my wholesaler i was in medford and went to Sportsmans Wharehouse to get one. I had 4 employees walk by me with no customer service. Left and will not be back.... That place sucks...

WOW you guys are so frothed up wanting to get your antisocial comments in this one confuses Sportsman Warehouse with Wholesale Sports the company this thread is actually about.

QFT! I stood at the gun counter for 15 mins and didn't even get a "we'll be with you as soon as we can" or "how you doing" or anything. Every employee walked right by me without a word or stood off in some corner BSing with each other. I just walked out after a while. Won't even bother stopping in there again. They lost my business.

You mute? you can't ask for help? WOW

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads